opinions on defending urself on here........ - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opinions on defending urself on here........

Re: opinions on defending urself on here........

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    Aside from any other "mod issues", i reported an actual THREAT (and no im' not kidding dude) and got some good advice from the mod, and it never happened agian.

SERIOUSLY! LOL.
    I'm still planning on getting you. The mods just put it over for a bit.....

Thats a joke

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    LOL. Had to. I just remember looking at my post count before i became a professional jackass around here. And i have 78 more posts than you so respect your elders.....

Kids...sheesh.

Respect man

Just wondering why you can't defend yourself without insulting or threatening other people? Is it just me?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    Just wondering why you can't defend yourself without insulting or threatening other people? Is it just me?
    So True! whats next E-straining orders?

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post
    I think Paul would be doing himself a huge favor by not banning as many people, just say who cares for a while. I mean Paul how many times have you been in arguments like this in the last couple months.
    Well that isn't going to happen. We've always been "for the rest of us" and we've ALWAYS had these rules in place. However..it's the end of the season...and like clockwork...these same arguments come up every off season.

Lots of people here have their opinion...they just know how to voice their opinion without the insults and threats. I'll admit I'm guilty of it myself...mostly because I struggle to understand why we have to be like other forums and why people continually complain here when what they are looking for is already out there?

As mentioned...there are many other sites that will let you say or do whatever you want. Why does GTAM have to be the same as them? Why can't we be the one forum with riders that simply respect other riders without the internet hero drama?

Oh..and DURTY??...Ask yourself..is this a stunting post? or would it be more appropriate in the Support forum?? I'll move it for you...but I'll leave a shadow so you can find it!

Cheers

Paul
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Anyone notice the ads at the top of the site? Motolimo.com, Statefarm insurance, Studiocycle group ETC...

All websites can be appraised at a value based on traffic. Advertisers pay the site based on recorded traffic. Even though there aren't many stunters, there are a lot of gsxr 1000 riders who like to feel like part of the crowd and read the stunt section, and occasionally post up about where the best place to buy helmet mohakws are.

In all honesty, if GTAM wants to keep traffic going to their site, they should allow honest reflection of opinion. If mods insist on power tripping and moving and or closing threads that might have a VALID but negative reflection on the site itself to the bottom "support" area, gtam is going to lose credibility and site traffic. It already happened to stuntlife.com

Wait a minute, why do we care? lets just move to another site......

at STUNT.CA we can create an ontario riders section there and keep it real!

This guy runs it... Pretty sure hes not all about keeping his site PG-13.

Quote Originally Posted by cjones_636 View Post
    Anyone notice the ads at the top of the site? Motolimo.com, Statefarm insurance, Studiocycle group ETC...

All websites can be appraised at a value based on traffic. Advertisers pay the site based on recorded traffic. Even though there aren't many stunters, there are a lot of gsxr 1000 riders who like to feel like part of the crowd and read the stunt section, and occasionally post up about where the best place to buy helmet mohakws are.

In all honesty, if GTAM wants to keep traffic going to their site, they should allow honest reflection of opinion. If mods insist on power tripping and moving and or closing threads that might have a VALID but negative reflection on the site itself to the bottom "support" area, gtam is going to lose credibility and site traffic. It already happened to stuntlife.com

Wait a minute, why do we care? lets just move to another site......

at STUNT.CA we can create an ontario riders section there and keep it real!

This guy runs it... Pretty sure hes not all about keeping his site PG-13.
    Bet ya a million I know what the response to this is
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

that stunt.ca is all french? Its actually bilingual!

Well that problem changes as soon as everyone switches over and starts posting.....

I have not been on here long but i can say that these OPINIONS are the only thing that keeps me on and entertained! IMO without the stunt section and all the talk really what else is there to talk about? "what kind of gas do i put in my ninja 250?" or "guess how fast my GSXR 1000 is?"

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedIn View Post
    I have not been on here long but i can say that these OPINIONS are the only thing that keeps me on and entertained!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjones_636 View Post
    they should allow honest reflection of opinion.
    Well this thread started out about not allowing insults and has now turned into GTAM not allowing opinions.

I think I finally see where we disagree. You guys feel your opinion of someone should be allowed. Example..."You're an ******* and that's my opinion of you" I see that as an insult. You guys are correct...that is an opinion. However it is also an insult.

So I guess I must apologize to all those when I said opinions ARE allowed. Let me rephrase....opinions that are not insults or threats ARE allowed. Opinions that are offensive, insulting or threatening are NOT allowed and will result in an infraction.

Sorry guys..that's the best I can do. The forum is not going to start allowing insults and threats. We don't like losing members..it was good to see the stunt forum getting some traffic.

Thanks

Paul
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

I started off giving my opinion on what i thought a stuntrider is and i got carried away after a few started attacking me. I got kicked off and dont blame anyone for that happening but myself. I need to learn self control and not let haters get to me. Sorry for all the drama but i am entitled to my opinion and i will give it whenever i feel like it no matter whos feelings it hurts...boo hoo..you know who you are..LOL!! Glad to be back!!
    Whenever you think you are the best..just remember there is always someone one step ahead. So get your own style and be original to stand out.

I give the OP 3/10 for a whine score. More caps would have pushed the crazy factor up, and as bad as the spelling and grammar was, it just didn't have that certain special dumbass factor really needed to score higher.

More on topic, this board strikes a pretty good balance between allowing fairly spirited discussion and not letting things turn into full on flame fests. It's a tad restrictive for my tastes, but I can adjust my flamethrower pretty easily.

Banned

i think everyone complains alittle to much nowadays, GTAM has rules and thats the way they work. they want it a drama free site like anyone else would.

You do know, they have many sites out there if you dont like one visit another one, i do know alot of people on here just love to start arguments just to aggrivate another person so you respond with something stupid, then get introuble. just be smart reply with a witty comeback without being rude or insulting someone, its easy. be smart about it guys.

stunters just cause you can stunt, dosent mean you can be rude. they got many sites for stunt stuff in Ontario and quebec, www.stunters.ca or www.ontariomotorcycle.ca

many sites. just keep this clean and stop insulting people. cause that weight comment was pretty rude, i would have banned you just for that,

so happy posting and learn some manners people. cause your not 10 year olds anymore.

And i think the staff here should make it hard for 16 year olds to come on GTAM and start posting ignorant topics and replies. i beleive the vb forums have a coppa feature so under 18 you need parental permission. its hard to keep the site mature with all these little kids running around posting and just making it hard to keep it on topic and all. just a thought
    Last edited by AirForce; 11-10-2009 at 06:38 PM.

lol, this horse has more lives than a cat (or a dozen cats for that matter).
    Perhaps a new section is in line... any suggestions on the title?
    There are enough threads complaining about the rules to fill it to the brim!
    None the less, funny everytime it is brought up.
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Banned

indeed but you know what the sad thing is lol this is what keeps sites alive. even tho you hate it you cant stay off it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCrowe13 View Post
    lol, this horse has more lives than a cat (or a dozen cats for that matter).
    Perhaps a new section is in line... any suggestions on the title?
    There are enough threads complaining about the rules to fill it to the brim!
    None the less, funny everytime it is brought up.