Velocity Naked Leather Jacket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Velocity Naked Leather Jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
I am ordering a few of the attached jackets for the January Motorcycle Show. Naked Cowhide Leather is one of the softest Cowhide leathers you can come across. Very durable and abrasion resistant while being very soft and supple. Feels as soft as Kangaroo. Specifications of this Jacket:

- 1.2-1.3 mm Naked Cowhide Leather in Full Grain
- CE Approved armour at elbows, shoulders and CE Back Insert
- Super-Fabric Sliders on outside of arms
- Original YKK Zippers
- Stretch Kevlar Keprotec on arms for a comfortable fit.
- Shoulder and Elbow Moulds (Titanium Alloy) help protect seams and leather in a crash
- Removable Thermal Liner with pocket
- Two external Pockets
- Side straps at waist
- High neck collar with snap
- Pre-curved arms (designed for riding position)
- One Year Warranty on Manufacturing Defects and Half Price Lifetime crash warranty available as well (If you crash in the jacket we will exchange for the same or similar jacket for half the MSRP at that time)

MSRP - $549.99 (Available at the January Bike show in January at $450) Reserve your size now. Only 30 will be available at the show.

View attachment 30778View attachment 30779View attachment 30780

The Velocity Logo on the chest will be removed. No over branding. Word of mouth is the best advertising for us.

Last edited:

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
Thanks Amazon. Yes we have been working very closely on newer designs with some Canadian Designer. But trust me the leather on these is softer than any other Cowhide you will ever see including the big Italian brands.

Damn those are nice looking jackets

regder

Site Supporter
What are the chances of taking off ALL the branding, and just sell a nice, plain black, sport bike jacket? I'm sure there is a market for something that offers protection, but can be worn out to a bar without standing out.

AF4iK

Site Supporter
Really nice looking jacket! Think I might just have to swing by and try one on if there's a demo in my size. I'm a fan of zero-branding for the same reason as regder but the arm patches aren't a deal breaker.

Jimmy, is there a version of this jacket with a hump or patch on the back? Reason I ask is because the second photo appears to have been edited to remove something.
Also wondering if it's got a 360 zip for a matching pair of pants?

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
The Velocity logo was on the upper back initially. This same jacket sample is at the office for the dainese fans. The design comes from our VR-PRO jacket but oh well.

View attachment 30788

The next jacket we are working on will be nonbranded with armour for the fashion conscience. We will have that hopefully by the March show.

Caboose and Sunny. Why is it the same people everytime? lol. Sunny how is leatherlinks doing? Still need me to manufacture for you?

Last edited:

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
http://www.bikersden.com/p-5057-wom...er-motorcycle-jacket-with-ce-armor-sonic.aspx
http://www.bikerleathers.ca/joe-roc...-0-leather-motorcycle-jacket-black-24-6101-b/

This is the jacket we copied. Our own design without the hump and less busy.

View attachment 30789
This design was out 2 years ago so Maybe Dainese copied from us?

Seriously guys, I'm a small Canadian Manufacturer trying to stay open, pay my bills and give GTA members a great deal. I work twice as hard and there are a select few group of people who always start controversy. If you like the product and price please support my Canadian company. If you don't like the product you're welcome to purchase any Brand you want. That's called capitalism. But don't shoot the product down without looking at it. I will continue to support the local market I am in. I sponsor local racers and did support regional race classes in the past. I don't know how I can make this select group of people happy.

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
OKay guys made the following changes for the 30 jackets that I will be selling at the January Bike show.

- No branding on the outside. Well no large patches. Maybe a small rubber logo at the lower half of the front. Very small so won't stand out like the Velocity Patches.
- Added a 360 YKK zipper. Will offer matching pants in the future.

Really nice looking jacket! Think I might just have to swing by and try one on if there's a demo in my size. I'm a fan of zero-branding for the same reason as regder but the arm patches aren't a deal breaker.

Jimmy, is there a version of this jacket with a hump or patch on the back? Reason I ask is because the second photo appears to have been edited to remove something.
Also wondering if it's got a 360 zip for a matching pair of pants?

highway

I'd preffer Velocity jacket without branding over the Dainese

lol... seriously?

The only thing different about the jacket design are the shoulder and elbow inserts.
Even the stitch patter is identical... JEEBUS!

But yes, Dainese most probably stole your design.

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
The stitch Pattern is similar to the VR-Pro Jacket the image of which I put up. Anyhow you are welcome to pay for any brand you want.

It's a jacket, it has two sleeves, torso a main zipper and a collar. Maybe I should copyright that.

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
I would like to mention this again.

One Year Warranty on Manufacturing Defects and Half Price Lifetime crash warranty available as well (If you crash in the jacket we will exchange for the same or similar jacket for half the MSRP at that time)

A lifetime warranty that covers crashes.

Please come by our booth and take a look and if you like please purchase. I will post all specials I will have at the January show in a different thread very soon.

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
Please see this Thread started by Caboose and see comments sent by Sunny S, Mina and Kellen.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ersus-Heroic&highlight=Velocity+versus+Heroic

And then see this thread where after my reply the OP apologized once he knew all the facts.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...glove-topic)&highlight=Velocity+versus+Heroic

Like I said it's the same people every time. Gentlemen please feel free to buy any brand you want but stop this Vendetta against me. It really affects my business. GTAM members are pretty smart and can come to their own conclusions. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns offline since Big brands seem to be paying you Royalties for help in selling their products. lol. I'm just trying to work hard and put food on the table.

Last edited:

caboose56

Site Supporter
Sunny asked a question, I answered it. I made no speculation or implications in my post, nor did I offer an opinion of any kind. Only fact.

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
How is that a fact? That is just your opinion. Sunny did not ask a question. He implied that I photoshopped a Dainese Jacket which is BS. We did not in anyway copy this design from Dainese. What part of that don't you understand. You are the same guy who said we copied the VR-Pro glove design from Heroic and you saw how that ended badly for your facts from the links I posted. Why don't you just stop posting in my vendor threads if you are not a fan of my company? That's all you guys ever do SunnyS, Kellen, Mina and yourself. If you want to bash Vendors than please use the Trash Talk or reviews section. Please don't affect my sales here in the vendor section. I pay good money to advertise my deals here. You want to know a fact. I Look at your list of sponsors and I know where you are coming from.

Sunny asked a question, I answered it. I made no speculation or implications in my post, nor did I offer an opinion of any kind. Only fact.

Last edited:

skapan

I have Dainese stuff. And I have Velocity stuff. I like Velocity better. Nicer material, cut more generously and can be tried on locally before buying. Go Jimmy! Have to stop in and check out those jackets.

Velocity Sportsgear

Site Supporter
Thanks so much. You just made my day. I seriously do want to provide a great product at a fair price and it's only because of loyal clients like yourself that we are still around. Look at Envy and Pannon. It's tough to survive and we have been doing this for 3 years now. It's time we got some credit. Thanks again.

I have Dainese stuff. And I have Velocity stuff. I like Velocity better. Nicer material, cut more generously and can be tried on locally before buying. Go Jimmy! Have to stop in and check out those jackets.

AF4iK

Site Supporter
Thanks for answering my questions Jimmy. Didn't mean to start anything by pointing out the logo-delete, was just curious if it came in different flavours.

I did notice the similarity to Dainese but personally that's a plus in my book, whether intentional or not. Decision to remove the branding and add a zip interface is awesome btw! At least no one can say you don't listen to what your customers want :thumbup:

It's ultimately about the fit n' cut for me so I'd like to try one on. I'm a size 42 - 44. Do you have those sizes on display? If your jacket fits me the way I hope it will then I'm sold. If not, I'll keep my eye out for future Velocity stuff.

FWIW, I think your service and attention to customers' needs is top notch. While I had a sizing gripe about the kevlar jeans (posted in another thread a while back) I was satisfied with the product itself and said so to be fair. I've seen your gear on the streets so there's definitely support out there for a home grown brand. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom