US is ****** | Page 287 | GTAMotorcycle.com

US is ******

ToSlow

Site Supporter
blocked, i don't see wht you just posted. but i will say you are nothing but a TROLL

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
The only trouble with this logic is that there are things to do during this transition. The 9/11 commission cited the chaos from the Gore/Bush confusion as possibly affecting the Bush government's ability to see what was going on.

Biden et al not getting their security briefings and not having the money to vet candidates for positions etc has National security implications for the U.S.; let aline the world.

Heck, Fauci cannot even speak to Biden officially; that's crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Why do you think there's not a law compelling a sitting Presidential administration to work with the President-Elect pre confirmation?

jc100

Why do you think there's not a law compelling a sitting Presidential administration to working with the President-Elect pre confirmation?

This has been covered on the news recently...Trump's actions may well force those laws to be put into place.

It’s a bit like saying “why are there no laws that explicitly stop me from pressing the escalator emergency stop button for no reason when there’s people on it”. It’s because the norm or tradition is that you don’t do that.

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Because they are all ***** and couldnt dream of potentially losing even a single day of power in the future?
They never expected someone to topple the applecart. If it wasn't legitimately scary it would probably be pretty funny to watch.

Zoodles95

Site Supporter
This has been covered on the news recently...Trump's actions may well force those laws to be put into place.

It’s a bit like saying “why are there no laws that explicitly stop me from pressing the escalator emergency stop button for no reason when there’s people on it”. It’s because the norm or tradition is that you don’t do that.
Pretty much; interesting example and analogy.

This administration has shown how many things which have been taken for granted have been "norms". I do hope that the Biden administration codifies a lot of these practices so that they cannot happen again. Same with this nutter running the GSA; that should not be able to happen.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Roadghost

They never expected someone to topple the applecart. If it wasn't legitimately scary it would probably be pretty funny to watch.

I don't find it scary at all. I find it tiresome. I think Mr. Trump has carried this charade too far and should he break any laws he should be subject to the legal remedies that are available. So far he hasn't broken the law, he's just pushing limits like he always does. Really getting sick of the U.S. and their absurd brand of politics.

J_F

Site Supporter
I bet she's been ordered to turn down the briefing request.
They'll have to subpoena her, which she's also likely refuse.
Off to the courts.

Brian P

Site Supporter
I'm not so sure.

What is the criterion for the GSA to officially begin the transition? How does the GSA ascertain “the apparent successful candidates for the office of President and Vice President.”?

In previous elections, there has generally been a concession speech. That has not happened, and is probably not forthcoming.

In previous elections, it was reasonably trustworthy that a state would duly appoint electoral college voters of the appropriate party based on the popular vote in the state. The Trump team has made moves indicating a desire to overturn those (unlikely to happen, but still, they are trying). Not all of them have played out in court yet.

Yes, the election is complete. Some states, but not all, have certified their election results. Not all have done so. Not enough have done so as of right now to establish a majority in the Electoral College.

Is the GSA potentially waiting for the actual Electoral College vote? That's not until early January.

In lieu of that, is the GSA potentially waiting for sufficient states to certify their election results that it establishes the Electoral College majority? That has not happened, either. I think the deadline for that is 10th December +/-.

In lieu of that, is the GSA waiting for all legal actions against the election outcome to conclude? There's no foreseeable end to that.

It seems to me that the GSA is unwilling to risk the wrath of the current occupant of the White House by taking a step that they would be certain to object to.

FullMotoJacket

Site Supporter
I don't find it scary at all. I find it tiresome. I think Mr. Trump has carried this charade too far and should he break any laws he should be subject to the legal remedies that are available. So far he hasn't broken the law, he's just pushing limits like he always does. Really getting sick of the U.S. and their absurd brand of politics.

Phoning Monica Palmer and William Hartmann and having them (attempt to) rescind their ratification votes is sedition. Look it up.

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
I'm not so sure.

What is the criterion for the GSA to officially begin the transition? How does the GSA ascertain “the apparent successful candidates for the office of President and Vice President.”?

In previous elections, there has generally been a concession speech. That has not happened, and is probably not forthcoming.

In previous elections, it was reasonably trustworthy that a state would duly appoint electoral college voters of the appropriate party based on the popular vote in the state. The Trump team has made moves indicating a desire to overturn those (unlikely to happen, but still, they are trying). Not all of them have played out in court yet.

Yes, the election is complete. Some states, but not all, have certified their election results. Not all have done so. Not enough have done so as of right now to establish a majority in the Electoral College.

Is the GSA potentially waiting for the actual Electoral College vote? That's not until early January.

In lieu of that, is the GSA potentially waiting for sufficient states to certify their election results that it establishes the Electoral College majority? That has not happened, either. I think the deadline for that is 10th December +/-.

In lieu of that, is the GSA waiting for all legal actions against the election outcome to conclude? There's no foreseeable end to that.

It seems to me that the GSA is unwilling to risk the wrath of the current occupant of the White House by taking a step that they would be certain to object to.
That's the crux of the matter, it isn't defined. This can drag out till the electors confirmation.

Any hearing is for political posturing, nothing i've read indicates Congress can compel the GSA to start the transition. It's a political appointment, they serve at the pleasure of the executive branch.

Reactions: J_F

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter

She's going to be looking for a job soon anyways. Why she doesn't just YOLO things at this point and sign the damn piece of paper is probably rooted mostly in the fact that she's getting death threats from Trump supporters should she do exactly that, however - the wrath of Trump himself is probably secondary as honestly, she's going to be looking for a job in a few weeks anyways.

However, this is what things have come to because President manbaby still wants to live in his own alternative reality.

Eventually someone is going to get killed and I hope the blood ends up squarely on Trumps hands. Is that what it's going to take for the GOP to finally snap back into reality and abandon this president?

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Eventually someone is going to get killed and I hope the blood ends up squarely on Trumps hands. Is that what it's going to take for the GOP to finally snap back into reality and abandon this president?
I fear that will entrench their position more than it will convince them that they are acting like whiney babies with real consequences for their tantrum.

J_F

Site Supporter
She's going to be looking for a job soon anyways.

Biden admin will not offer her a job
no Dem office holder will offer her a job

if she turns on Trump she's likely done with the GOP
if she whethers this sh1t storm for Trump
will likely be rewarded with a job with a GOP Senator on Congress member
a Trump ass kisser like Graham or Nunes...it's likely worked out already

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
I fear that will entrench their position more than it will convince them that they are acting like whiney babies with real consequences for their tantrum.

Not if there’s no denying the offender is a full-potato MAGA sort.

FullMotoJacket

Site Supporter
Then where's the prosecutor? I hear it was his supporters. Almost everything we're hearing is BS pulled out of thin air.

Look up martyr.

Top Bottom