Turn2 v Fast | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turn2 v Fast

Do a search on the subject - it has been covered

Bottom line - they are both good

i did the arc level 1 course from turn 2 and have read alot about the fast course and have heard about people who have done the fast course.

My turn 2 experience was great, there was ALOT of track time and it was more focused on learning by doing, and they would also show the lines and cool stuff like that. Lots of track time not much time in the class room.

I've read that fast is more about learning in a classroom setting and that there isn't much track time.

Depends on what you like, if you want more track time do turn 2. if you want more theory with less track time do fast.

TURN 2 FOR THE WIN!!!

have not been to either of them but fast offers different makes of bikes where turn 2 only has suzuki's

Turn 2's updated their fleet to include Kawis and Aprilia 125s. The Ninja 250 would be a great non-intimidating bike to break your track virginity on. In the 600 class I think they've either gotten or are getting a number of the new 2009 ZX6Rs in addition to the current Gixxers. Best thing is to call the school for availability, I don't think they've completely updated their website yet.

Last edited:
Turn 2...the best.....enough said

There are pro and con's to each school ..

Fast is theory based and then you go out on the track to practice what you just learned.
My guess is your out on the track around 5 to 7 times per day.
This school is for guys getting into track riding, or looking to better themselves as a street rider.

Turn 2 is a little bit of theory, and alot of riding practice. You follow the instructor, or vice versa and you get constructive criticism/feedback at the end of each session.
Best guess is you get out around 8 to 10 sessions per day.
George will place you with a certain instructor, and as you progress you ll be bumped up to another instructor as the day goes on.

Anyone got any info on the SOAR Race School?

turn 2! George is an awesome guy!

I talked to him again after years at the show... he is based solely at calabogie now (best/newest track)

Anyone got any info on the SOAR Race School?

What do you want to know? Our class is run by Turn 2 this season.
My vote is Turn 2

Seen both. Mercier and Budacki are both very different teachers, and both super guys (so far as I've spent time with them, at least). Both schools have a lot to recommend them.

So why choose, I say? I'd take a FAST course or two first, then head over and get some time with George and crew. Money doesn't grown on trees, I know, but who says you have to do it all in one year?

I did ARC1 with Turn 2. I loved it. Very little class time, pretty much all of it happened on the track, plus some coaching from the individual instructor.

Turn 2 for me!

They have a fleet of Kawis for this year. I got a ZX6 waiting for me on August 15th. :)

Thanks for the previous input. I recently did Fast stage 1 and it was a great learning experience. Michel was excellent and the organization was very smooth. My only slight let down was that I expected more track time. By rotating three groups of 12 riders, each group got 6 sessions of 10 minutes each (so a total of 60 minutes on track over the course of the entire day), and the first session was simply the ride with the instructor to see the track. Can anyone comment on how much more riding there is at Turn 2? From their website, it looks like everyone gets 7 sessions of 20 minutes each, so 140 minutes (more than double Fast). Is that right? (My browser won't open the Session Guarantee section of the Turn 2 website.) Does it mean that they need to put more riders on the track at the same time? The Nelson track at Shanny is pretty short so there may be a practical limit to how many riders can go out at the same time. Do they use a longer track at Calibogie?

Thanks for the previous input. I recently did Fast stage 1 and it was a great learning experience. Michel was excellent and the organization was very smooth. My only slight let down was that I expected more track time. By rotating three groups of 12 riders, each group got 6 sessions of 10 minutes each (so a total of 60 minutes on track over the course of the entire day), and the first session was simply the ride with the instructor to see the track. Can anyone comment on how much more riding there is at Turn 2? From their website, it looks like everyone gets 7 sessions of 20 minutes each, so 140 minutes (more than double Fast). Is that right? (My browser won't open the Session Guarantee section of the Turn 2 website.) Does it mean that they need to put more riders on the track at the same time? The Nelson track at Shanny is pretty short so there may be a practical limit to how many riders can go out at the same time. Do they use a longer track at Calibogie?

Assuming no crashes, Turn 2 gives you 20 minutes track time every hour. So yeah, 7 x 20 minutes each day. There are a lot more riders on the track but it is a lot longer than Shannonville Nelson track.

Simply put, Calabogie is a nicer track than Shannonville. Does that make for a better school? You'd have to form your own opinion there mate.

Back
Top Bottom