Track bike ownership transfer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track bike ownership transfer

Renboy

I bought my son a track bike a little over a year ago. No UVIP, no ownership, no bill of sale. I want to get it registered in my name (son is 13 now so I doubt it can be registered in his name) so we can cross the border with it. To get the UVIP is easy, and I can go back and get a bill of sale from the guy I bought it from. The problem is the guy I bought it from almost certainly never had the ownership or had it registered in his name. Do I have to find the person in who's name the bike is registered to get them to sign the UVIP or hope they still have the ownership? The bike is a 2011 CBR250R that has changed hands a few times that I know of and will never be put back on the street. Thanks for any info.

Good dad. Given the unknown history, I would pull the UVIP and see what there is to know. If there are missing links in the chain, an affidavit and bill of sale may be the way to go.

I was planning to get the UVIP this week. To be honest, I have no clue if the bike was ever registered for the street, if it has a clean or branded title, or how many owners it has had. I know it was raced in SOAR (sticker on front fender), and has cost me a bunch to get it setup up for my son's weight and make it pretty for him and that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom