READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate??? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

READ BEFORE POSTING: Which Insurance Company will give me the best rate???

lunka

At state farm sorry forgot to mention that lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

lunka

Spam list? No ur not relax. Just call brokers. How old are you? Try mine if u like. her name is natalie 905 884 2291

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

VifferFun

Site Supporter
Thanks for the decision tree. You've already reduced my premium by two-thirds over what my usual broker was offering -- that'll probably make the difference on whether or not I get back on a sportsbike.
No problem, glad to help!

VifferFun

Site Supporter
I didn't see a tree for DualSport bikes.

I'm a G2M (one year) have a 2011 DL650, and have been insured for three years. No accidents or tickets.

This week Jevco just boosted my renewal rate from around $900 to $1800!!! WTF??

Any suggestions on how to use the chart to find the best quote? Or maybe a shortlist for companies to contact?
Dual-Sport bikes can use the Classic tree. Unfortunately, Jevco was bought out by Intact and I think that current Jevco clients are likely seeing their policies re-rated under Intact's algorithm rather than Jevco's algorithm. Some clients will go up, and others will go down. It's unfortunate that Intact didn't just keep Jevco's rates untouched for a while rather than rocking the boat so hard :(

Leaky

Just wanted to note that for a 250 ninja SF would NOT insure me because I didnt not have 5+ years of driving experience. Got my G1 4.5 years ago D:

jeero

Site Supporter
Just wanted to note that for a 250 ninja SF would NOT insure me because I didnt not have 5+ years of driving experience. Got my G1 4.5 years ago D:
Good new is that's only 6 months.
Bad news is there will most likely be snow on the ground by then.

jeero

Site Supporter
So does my r6 fall under 600 or over...
An R6 should be considered as "600 and under". If the insurance company you are dealing with wants to be a prick and decides "600 and over" is their bracket, then tell them your displacement is actually 599.x

I put .x because 01-05 it's 599.8 which rounds up, and 06-today is 599.4 which of course rounds down.

Just being technical...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R6

VifferFun

Site Supporter
An R6 should be considered as "600 and under". If the insurance company you are dealing with wants to be a prick and decides "600 and over" is their bracket, then tell them your displacement is actually 599.x

I put .x because 01-05 it's 599.8 which rounds up, and 06-today is 599.4 which of course rounds down.

Just being technical...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R6
By "600CC" the company is referring to bikes that are clearly in the 600CC class of sport bikes. It doesn't matter if it's technically 590 or 610CC. To capture this, the rating band probably goes from something like 550CC to 650CC anyway.

xchn

Hi Vifferfun, do you know which insurance company classify's with the range of 650cc as 600? my 2005 zx6r 636cc is the same price as a 750cc supersport.......
i've been thinking of downgrading my bike to a 600cc but i love my 636 too much... :'(

By "600CC" the company is referring to bikes that are clearly in the 600CC class of sport bikes. It doesn't matter if it's technically 590 or 610CC. To capture this, the rating band probably goes from something like 550CC to 650CC anyway.

VifferFun

Site Supporter
Hi Vifferfun, do you know which insurance company classify's with the range of 650cc as 600? my 2005 zx6r 636cc is the same price as a 750cc supersport.......
i've been thinking of downgrading my bike to a 600cc but i love my 636 too much... :'(
The ZX6r is a sport bike, so you only have State Farm and TD Insurance as choices anyway. Whether you are grouped with the 600CC or 750CC, the difference in premium wouldn't be drastic anyway.

Nice, interesting and useful thread for every individual. So many good points are discussed here in it regarding insurance company. Helpful for those who have interest in insurance company.

VifferFun

Site Supporter
Is it as much as a hassle as I'm thinking it to be? Do I have to set an appointment and go down to an intact insurance branch and blah blah? Or far easier? New to insurance shopping.
I created this sticky thread a while back, and things have changed a bit (i.e. Intct bought Jevco, and now Desjardins will be buying State Farm in 2015). For the most part, the decision tree is still aplicable for helping you find a good rate.

Unfortunately Jevco no longer exists. I don't think that Intact retained the Jevco motorcycle rates for the Jevco portion of the book since many GTAM members reported some pretty big premium changes (both up and down). To get a quote through Intact, you just need to have a broker (who sells Intact policies) to quote you. It's pretty straightforward, and depending on the broker you may not even need an appointment. Depending on the broker, you could have a quote on the spot. Check the sticky for some good brokers recommended by others on this board.

Good luck!

Top Bottom