Post up your liquor/spirit talk ? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post up your liquor/spirit talk ?

Just finished a bottle of Tanqueray 10. Very nice. Replace or get something else? I really just drink this mixed and it is fabulous with Fever Tree tonic.
I like tanq 10.

I picked up some romeos gin gift packs that came with fever tree elderflower and a few really thin glasses. Its cucumbery. Empress still wins for me but it is much more money.

I like tanq 10.

I picked up some romeos gin gift packs that came with fever tree elderflower and a few really thin glasses. Its cucumbery. Empress still wins for me but it is much more money.

I'm inclined just to replace it with another Tanqueray 10. It was very good. I like exploring though but also don’t want to be disappointed.

Just finished a bottle of Tanqueray 10. Very nice. Replace or get something else? I really just drink this mixed and it is fabulous with Fever Tree tonic.
I really liked the Tanqueray 10 but didn't realize how much I liked it until I tried many more options. Steinhart Gin is a solid one I like for a change and isn't too pricey.

I could never get into the gins. Something about it just never sat well with me. Might be just the type/brand I’m drinking.

I can’t drink it neat. It’s too fragrant. Closest to neat would be a strong martini. Love it with a good tonic though.
Just checked. Looks like I have a Tanqueray No10 and a Blue Sapphire here in the cabinet. Must have been a gift as I’ve never bought it.

new concoction as I've turned off beer - suspect I might be gluten intolerant

amaretto and coconut water, delish

yes...but you eat haggis

m7HLkU3.png

I like tanq 10.

Romeos is growing on me, especially with the elderflower tonic. I picked up a second box to give away but that one may get kept.

Last weeks acquisition was Hayman's gin gift pack.

London Dry - super flowery, not a winner for me.
Old Tom - More like gin I am used to
Sloe - Horrible colour. Super delicious. It's got notes similar to port. Easy drinking straight up. Only $32 a bottle. Oh, only 26%, that explains a lot.

Last edited:
not really

but my sabbatical is not going as planned due to this.....stuff
so I bump up against the rev-limiter easier than normal

not particularly abnormal I suspect

WB has given me a wide birth
and I do appreciate it

Still in Ecuador? What’s the local firewater like?

Still in Ecuador? What’s the local firewater like?

yup
here until my visa runs out
coincides with the return of riding season back home

local hooch is terrible unless you're looking for help in getting the charcoal going
but decent imported stuff is readily available and despite hefty import duties still half the price of Ontario

Holy crap my home experiment came out awesome! So delicious! I’m trying a different recipe in the coming week!

A94B3E31-4909-4710-8F28-C6E33F67F2AA.jpeg
Next batch will be with raspberries.

Back
Top Bottom