Post up your liquor/spirit talk ? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post up your liquor/spirit talk ?

For an inexpensive Blanco try Olmeca Altos Blanco. El Espolon Blanco and Reposado are good as well; but unfortunately they use a column still in their process which you want to avoid with tequila if you can because it has a tendency to strip the agave flavors from the juice.
+1 for the Altos Blanco. I picked up a 60 of it for very cheap while in Maine a couple years back. It didn't last long at home. I'll be getting another bottle to add to the display.

+1 for the Altos Blanco. I picked up a 60 of it for very cheap while in Maine a couple years back. It didn't last long at home. I'll be getting another bottle to add to the display.
It is actually cheaper than Jose Cuervo Especial here which is a Mixto (not 100% Blue Agave) and also only a few dollars more than several diffuser made Tequilad like Hornitos, Cazadores, and El Jimador. Made with good processes and dirt cheap for the quality.

For $10 more consider giving Tromba Blanco a whirl.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Got some Buffalo Trace bourbon just to try as a small step up from the Bulleit bourbon (great price on this though, $38 at the LCBO on sale this week). It’s ok, not jaw dropping but a solid bourbon. I still prefer my Legent or Basil Hayden though.

The latest haul.

Current state of the gin collection...

I have been enjoying sipping gin neat and with some Fever Tree tonic. I have been making primarily G&Ts for cocktails but am going to branch out to Martinis since my wife enjoys those so I am going to hunt for some Vermouth tomorrow.

I had Bombay Sapphire last night and it was better than I thought it would be. The reviews were really uneven (both good and bad). It is an interesting flavor. Not juniper forward at all and what citrus there is comes late in the palate. I found it very "earthy" for lack of a better term. It was very enjoyable both neat and with some Fever Tree. Tomorrow I may do a full on G&T and see how it acquits itself.

@Zoodles95 I think you’re all set for this Saturday

18d872ffe9c2e312fa0796bb18ce70a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^timely posts. I've been enjoying empress gin. If you pour it carefully you can have some red, purple and some blue when you serve it. Really cool looking and delicious.

Tonic seems to be the new toilet paper.

Any Dillon's fans? The Gin Facebook page I'm on is not very Canadian gin friendly.

Thinking of trying the "standard" Dillon's and was curious about the unfiltered variant.

Bulldog is on sale at the LCBO so Inhave been thinking of snagging a bottle.

Also curious about Steinhart.

Any Dillon's fans? The Gin Facebook page I'm on is not very Canadian gin friendly.

Thinking of trying the "standard" Dillon's and was curious about the unfiltered variant.

have you spoken to your liver recently?

We recently purchased a bottle of the “Standard” and a bottle of the “Rose” gin. Only tried the rose gin so far. It was nice with the plain fevertree tonic.

I tired a bottle of Whitley Neil rhubarb and ginger. I should have listened to my gut. :( It's really sweet. Not great in G&T. Tried it straight. That's not my thing either.

I tired a bottle of Whitley Neil rhubarb and ginger. I should have listened to my gut. :( It's really sweet. Not great in G&T. Tried it straight. That's not my thing either.
I have not tried any of their products yet.

Most esoteric thing I have is the Sloe Gin. Hendrick's is obviously its own thing. I have not tried any of the Rose.gins or those other variants yet.

I have not tried any of their products yet.

Most esoteric thing I have is the Sloe Gin. Hendrick's is obviously its own thing. I have not tried any of the Rose.gins or those other variants yet.

Personally, I wouldn’t have bought the rose gin. My wife ordered a bottle of it as well as the unfiltered and a big bottle of Dillon’s hand sanitizer

I know it’s world gin day, but the wife poured this and I can’t say no to her

6ac2693482534b536bfa0dc954b6f906.jpg

She also mentioned that Dillons just released a “Navy Strength Gin” @Zoodles95.

Dang more Dillons to try!

My.man Bobby Freeman is reviewing Empress and it should be live on his channel later.

I cracked into the Sipsmith and Nikka Coffey gin earlier in honor of World Gin Day. Fantastic. Sipsmith is a solid London Dry Gin. The Nikka Coffey is something else. Those asian botanicals give it character unlike any of my other gins.

Top shelf gin (perth). Stupid name. Very tasty (not nearly as good as empress but ~half the money).

Otonabee River gin (Peteborough). I thought it was ok (I prefer top shelf for similar money). My wife hated it and wouldn't finish her G+T.

Surprised to see so many Gin drinkers here. Usually when I'm at any event (wedding/party/whatever) I'm literally the only person ordering it up at the bar. 10-15 years ago at a friends wedding the bartender said a 40 pounder usually lasted them a year or more. I took care of the remainder of that bottle that night, plus another.

I've tried to introduce a few friends to it over the years. Only one ever took it up, the rest, no bueno.

I really want to like the Dillons, being a local guy, but its just 'ok' . Hendricks is back in rotaion but its a summer drink and dang its getting chilly. Rum season is upon us LOL

Back
Top Bottom