Post up your liquor/spirit talk ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post up your liquor/spirit talk ?

re: Amrut Fusion reviews
It is a nice whisky, comparable to some of the low land malts but perhaps overrated in those reviews...my opinion only.

"Envoyé de mon Android Phone en utilisant Tapatalk"

Oaksmith Gold,from Suntory's master blender was up there with Amrut Fusion in taste and costs half as much. When things get back to normal, I will put in a request to LCBO to bring it over.

3963b7020997f74962efbc78b868ff8f.jpg

"Envoyé de mon Android Phone en utilisant Tapatalk"

I just finished off a bottle of Ice wine. Nice and smooth, but it hit me harder than I expected.

I went online looking for a bottle of ironroot bourbon @jc100 mentioned, I have a couple US options and all three said the same thing "good luck" . Production is only 250 barrels a year and its a SMALL distillery , once all the hoopala settles maybe , right now restaurants and bars are buying up all the cases that were availbale.

Liquor and spirit talk is a huge topic. I saw @Zoodles95 post a very large tequila collection on another thread here recently. Impressive and sounds awesome ?. I've been looking for Tromba...

I've gotten into tequila as well, visit MX with some regularity and it's an excellent spirit imo. I've collected somewhere above 10 bottles now myself, ranging from El Jimidor blanco (great for margaritas) to a number of rare high end producers and extra anejos. I let my budget bust out on tequila much more than bourbon.

I find the proverb "you get what you pay for" no better illustrated in liquor than with tequila. The differences between cheap tequila and craft premium tequila can be astounding. IMO, every fan of spirits should be able to find a quality tequila they enjoy; tequila offerings are so varied that I would compared it to the variety found in beer. @Zoodles95 excellently describes tequila in that other thread.

I recently picked up some bottles and here's one to share; I really enjoy it (and now have two bottles).

Clase Azul Reposado Tequila
attachment.php

It's a looker. And a hand painted ceramic bottle. The good news is this Clase Azul Reposado Tequila is available at the LCBO for anyone here ?. The bad news is it's $240 a bottle
ban-hump.gif
. Thankfully one can get it much cheaper in MX, haha.

It's not boozy and there's notable vanilla and sweet notes (both on the nose and in taste). Smooth smooth smooth. Clase Azul Reposado may be too sweet for some people (their anejo is much less sweet but even more expensive and rare). This producer is located in one of the highest points in Los Altos, or the highlands – in the town of Jesus Maria in the region of Jalisco.

Here's their website, Tequila Clase Azul.

Clase Azul Reposado tequila has lots of fans out there in the tequila community... enough that when I was in the store buying this in January, a Spanish couple about 50 yrs old behind me at the cashier tapped my shoulder for attention, pointed to this bottle of Clase Azul Reposado I was buying and said "muy muy excelente" while giving some expressive hand gestures. That was fun.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
J.P. Wiser's Deluxe. Basic, probably the moped of whiskey, but I really enjoy it's simplicity.

Cuban rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rye rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rum gin rum rum rum rum rum .

My work here is done.

More results from the 2020 SF spirits competition.

The 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition In Review

Last edited:
They only have the 12 here

Got some new blood into the tequila collection today.

A couple of them are going to go extinct. The 86co Cabeza was bought out along with its stablemates by Brown-Forman who bought the company just to get their mitts on Ford's Gin. So, a quality Blanco will be coming off the market. Sigh...

Same with the Excellia Blanco. This one came from the the La Altena distillery where Tapatio and other Camerena gems are made. The new Excellia is made at the Orendain distillery and the tequilas made there are not as well regarded. So, it would be interesting to get a new bottle of Excellia Blanco made at the new NOM/Distillery to see how it compares. A second bottle in this purchase which is no longer being made.

Very excited to get some more Tequila Ocho. I love the Reposado. I suspect the Blanco is going to be wonderful.

San Matias Tahona is a very well regarded tequila. Carmen Villarreal the CEO and Master Distiller is a real pioneer being a woman in a very patriarchal business. I love my Roca Patron Silver so I will be curious to see what I think of the Anejo. Yummy...

Another Tapatio as well. Looking forward to trying this Repo. Tapatio may be the best bang for your buck in tequila. Excellent quality and a very reasonable price. If there was a picture of a bottle of Tapatio beside the word Tequila in the dictionary I doubt many tequila lovers would argue the point.

Next big injection will see my expanding my collection of extra Anejos and also adding some Mezcal. Got to have a new rabbit hole to fall into!

is there a shelf life on Tequila? or other hard spirits? I get you can age in the bottle or barrel 18-25yrs for some, but is there a tipping point?

I'm asking because I opened a 42yr old bottle of rum and it tastes off, not bad just quite harsh.

A little track side rum from last season. Went looking for the 15 year at $65 a bottle then ended up with a 25 year low numbered run with a serial # on the box at $500 a bottle. Tbh if I compared the 15 yr Eldorado to the 25 yr I prefer the 15 yr. It was fun drinking it tho. Pic was from May 17, 2019 at shannonville.

2169eac5fc35cfeec8830bc5b0c7324a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could never justify $500 on a bottle of anything. I'd really like to try yours , but at $19 a shot , thats some pricey hootch

I could never justify $500 on a bottle of anything. I'd really like to try yours , but at $19 a shot , thats some pricey hootch

Get the $65 Eldorado 15 year it’s worth every penny. I will probably never buy the 25yr again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom