Post up your liquor/spirit talk ? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post up your liquor/spirit talk ?

There are a lot of fruit flavoured stuff in Starsky , plums seem like a big thing. And they pickle anything . Probably goes back hundreds of years in culinary need.

Turned the old potato’s into vodka , clever folks !

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

There are a lot of fruit flavoured stuff in Starsky , plums seem like a big thing. And they pickle anything . Probably goes back hundreds of years in culinary need.

Turned the old potato’s into vodka , clever folks !

Haha so true! My MIL makes jars and jars of home pickled ... pickles? lol delicious!

@mimico , I found it , three bottles of other stuff , huge jar of stuffed grape leaves , jar of pickled eggs , on sale frozen pierogies and ate a huge schnitzel Sammie on the drive home . There are lots of reasons I should not go there LOL

That’s about right. I have a bunch of bottles of vodka from my old vodka drinking days.

Forgot how delicious they are…but Absolut was never on my fav list.
Being polish, you have a genetic advantage.

Us with British heritage don’t have vodka tastebuds.

3 years this thing was sitting on my liquor cabinet. Bought it in Cuba during a vacation on a bartender recommendation and wow…did not disappoint.

IMG_3333.jpeg

I have a bottle of amaretto hanging about so I looked up some cocktails to make with it. The simplest one that sounded good was amaretto and cognac…but I don’t have any cognac however I do have a very old bottle of Metaxa Greek brandy. 1:1 mixture of the two over ice and stirred with two maraschino cherries and this is delicious!

Wife found some concoction online today that we served to some friends.

1 part champage
2 parts cranberry juice
1 piece of thyme
3 pieces of cranberries as garnish

Delicious

My buddy and I drank straight rum.

3 years this thing was sitting on my liquor cabinet. Bought it in Cuba during a vacation on a bartender recommendation and wow…did not disappoint.

View attachment 65131

I’m a rum nut so had to look that one up , since the only distillery left in Cuba to my understanding was Havana Club . So that bottle is a spin off product from HavanaClub . They have figured out tourists will pay more for better . Finally.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I’m a rum nut so had to look that one up , since the only distillery left in Cuba to my understanding was Havana Club . So that bottle is a spin off product from HavanaClub . They have figured out tourists will pay more for better . Finally.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Works for me! Still delicious and still cheaper than anything here.

Marketing is a wonderful thing ain’t it?!

Marketing is everything, and perceived luxury often wins the day .
My parents have a friend that always says “Bacardi and Coke please “ , dad’s been serving him crap run for decades …….

So Polish buddy shows me his new thing , cuts dill pickles in half and scoops out the middle and makes shot glasses . Fills with iced vodka , you do the shot and bite off the pickle . 🥒 . I can taste that coming back up already .

Back
Top Bottom