• Welcome to the new GTAM. Have a look around and please post any issues in the Support Forum. Be sure to check out your profile settings to confirm all your settings.

Motorcycle Training Organization of Halton/Peel

MTOhp

Site Supporter
Rider Training Professional
The OLD is NEW again! The OLD is all of the instructors and course content formerly offered at Sheridan College. The NEW is a new name and a new location for the program.

The MTOhp is a registered, not-for-profit organization staffed and managed by experienced, enthusiastic motorcyclists. Our instructors are specialized professionals certified to deliver Canada Safety Council’s “Gearing Up” program. Our expertise, passion and knowledge will empower new riders and riders returning to the sport.

M1X - M1 to M2 Basic Riding Skills Training

• Learn to operate motorcycles safely
  • Receive up to 20hrs of group/individualized instruction and riding
  • topics: safe riding gear, basic motorcycle skills, defensive riding/survival techniques
  • MTO riding test to qualify for your M2 licence
Benefits

• potential insurance discounts
  • motorcycles and helmets supplied
  • MTO certified M2 motorcycle riding test
  • shorten minimum wait time required in the M2 level by 4 months
M2X - M2 to M Training

• Ministry of Transportation Ontario certified program
  • same day, one hour test to qualify for your full M license
  • receive 9.5 hours of instruction and riding time
  • develop safe riding strategies while riding your own motorcycle in a small 4:1 student to instructor ratio group
  • improve skills for cornering, highway ramps, group riding and more
Program Details

• Courses run from mid April through mid October
  • Courses running in both Brampton and Oakville
  • Visit our website for all available courses, details and pricing: http://www.mtohp.com/
Full course content, locations, fees, registration information and FAQs can be found on our website @ www.mtohp.com or you can email us at info@mtohp.com.

Last edited:

Andar

Yes! I'm so glad that this course is back!
I learned so much from the instructors there that I recommended it to everyone I know who is interested in riding.
It gave me a tonne of confidence and knowledge in riding that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else.

Paul E

yup, +1 on it being a great course ran by knowledgeable, professional, funny, attractive, helpful, and patient instructors who are passionate, avid, skillful, and awesome riders themselves... :)

MTOhp

Site Supporter
We will have a booth set up at this weekend's motorcycle show being held in Toronto at the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place (http://www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca/). Stop by to pick up a brochure, enter our draw for a free course or just to say "hi."

Also, if you haven't already done so...

"Like" us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motorcycle-Training-Organization-of-HaltonPeel-MTOhp/564686316947149

Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MTOhp

Check out our website: http://mtohp.com/

MTOhp

Site Supporter
Had a great showing at the Toronto show. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and good luck to those who entered our draw. The winner will be announced shortly.

Here are a few picks of our booth:

toronto show 8r.jpgtoronto show 7r.jpgtoronto show 5r.jpg

MTOhp

Site Supporter
Congratulations to Rosemary McNichol! She is the winner of our second draw of a free course.

MTOhp

Site Supporter
Congratulations to Ian Shirley! He is the winner of our third free course drawn from the names of those who visited our booth at The Motorcycle SPRINGSHOW.

MTOhp

Site Supporter
The riding season seems to be off to a very slow start this year, but it will be here before we know it. Sign up for your course today. First one runs in less than three weeks!

DanteGuelph

Re: Motorcycle Training Organization of Halton-Peel

Still trying to win a course....$$ is tight with the purchase of the bike, gear, and insurance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanteGuelph

Just need a refresher as it's been 16 years since I was on a bike during my last course.....

MTOhp

Site Supporter

Still trying to win a course....$$ is tight with the purchase of the bike, gear, and insurance.....

Unfortunately, all the free courses have been awarded. We are, however, currently setting up a partnership with GTAM to offer members a discount for our course. This will be in place in the immediate future. Check back on the forum over this next week.

Just need a refresher as it's been 16 years since I was on a bike during my last course.....

At the present time due to logistics of reinventing ourselves all we offer is the M1 Exit course. Feedback from other students in the same situation as yourself who have re-taken the M1 Exit course have found it beneficial to reinforce all their riding skills.

MTOhp

Site Supporter
With the weather starting to warm up we are all itching to get out on our motorcycles, but there are a few things to keep in mind to make it a safe and enjoyable start to another riding season. At this time of year it is important to be extra cautious and take the following into consideration before heading out.

• Other motorists have forgotten we exit so they won’t be aware of us. Be aware of them
• There hasn’t been enough rain yet to wash the roads clean. Keep an eye out for sand piles. Also, many roads are in poor shape due to the unusually harsh winter we’ve experienced.
• And last, but not least, re-familiarize yourself with your bike. It’s both a physical and mental activity and it takes a little while for the muscle memory to get back up to speed. We all get rusty over the winter.

Safe riding!

Last edited:

MTOhp

Site Supporter
The fleet is ready for our first course this coming weekend. Looks like the weather will be cooperating as well.

fleet.jpg

Vera

I thought Sheridan wasn't offering courses anymore for M1 Exit to M2?

MTOhp

Site Supporter
I thought Sheridan wasn't offering courses anymore for M1 Exit to M2?

We are not longer affiliated with Sheridan College. They shut down their con ed program last year. The former Sheridan instructors banded together, bought all of the assets and opened their own rider training school. Same great people. Same great course. Different location. (although our classroom portion is still taking place at Sheridan College)

You can check out our website at http://www.mtohp.com/

Also, GTAM members qualify for a discounted course if you book through them: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?180940-GTAM-has-teamed-up-with-MTOhp-for-the-2014-Season-Save-25-00

Last edited:

Vera

Sweet, this is perfect, I live down the street from Sheridan, haha. I will definitely be booking my course next month! Just need to get the money saved together first ! :) See you in June/July

Top Bottom