Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition

I really enjoyed the drag specialties booth . Got some great information on products I`m going to purchase .

It's expensive. So far, it's only been an hour and a half, and I have renewed my SOAR license and bought a set of Alpinestar Supertech race boots.

Added a Dainese back protector and chest protector. I'm holding off with getting an airbag vest until I find something that is (a) useable with my existing Dainese suit which pre-dates being D-Air compatible (mine is probably among the last that weren't), (b) rechargeable locally, and (c) functions using accelerometers rather than a tether.

The boots were $500-ish.

In the cruiser hall some custom manufacturer had bikes with mahooosive front wheel setups. 30"-32"?

I had to laugh because everyone walking by was far more interested in snapping pics of the hired model in the leather miniskirt, rather than his bikes.

He didn't seem impressed. ?

Staying with my brother over the holidays so we went together.

He got what I thought was a good deal on a set of Qualifiers from Pro6.

The Harley Livewire demo was interesting. It was a lot noiser than I expected.

As mentioned already the 613 guys had some great deals

I'm a big classic bike fan, 1960's - 1980's. There was a couple of really nice Suzuki triples on display in the vintage section. I've always had a hankering for one. I also liked that Hailwood replica. There is just something about those colours that go so well together

The VRRA had a couple of really nice bikes. Loved that Katana. That thing was super sweet. The little CB350 race bike they had on display was also beautiful. Some really functional frame bracing on it. There was a lot of work went into both those bikes. I race a CB350 and I only wish it was half as good.

All and all I thought there were a lot more young people there which is hopefully positive for the sport

On the down side, I don't think I want to smell Summer Sausage or any other form of cured meat ever again... LOL

^^^
The LiveWire was almost essentially silent.

The majority of the noise was from the rollers the rear tire was sitting on.

Some old timer HD guy came up and told the rep he doesn't like bikes that don't make noise.

The HD rep very dryly replied "then this ain't the bike for you so just move along"...
??

Last edited:
I can second the deals at 613 sports....leather A* "jaws" leather jackets for $250 with lots of sizes, A* GP leather jacket (MSRP $799) for $299! AGV K1 and K3 helmets (some solids and Rossi colourways) for $150 when GP had them on sale for $310. The guys at GP bikes were ****** when they heard the pricing....and the supplier made them take down the signs for the helmet deals (happened while we were standing there). 30% off current helmets that GP bikes was selling for 20% off (Shoei/HJC/Arai).

And yes apparently I am a shill for 613.
Usually, I check out the big 3 but will check 613 for future purchase. damn, those are great deals!

Did they have the custom bikes this year or did I miss that exhibit?
Encouraging to see more manufacturers participating.
The BMW R18 is a gorgeous exercise in minimalist design and those massive chromed 900cc jugs are attention getters!
Mark (Wolf BMW Dealer Principle) tells me that the estimated MSRP is down $8K to $22K from the original price that was earlier quoted. He is accepting returnable (yes, that is not a spelling mistake!) deposits of $3500 per order for an estimated delivery in Oct 2020.
Met John, tuner/suspension expert/writer, from Accelerated Technologies and I got from him a good understanding of cartridge vs. traditional suspension technology.
Also spoke to Jerry from GP Bikes and he was ready to sell me a Triumph - no room in my garage, unfortunately.
At the gate was my buddy Doug from BMA, they volunteer to staff the gates and help with directions.
Had a good time!
ccec105b54e52987a9aee6272e938bcd.jpg

"Encouraging to see more manufacturers participating. "

Which ones were there? If I remember correctly, the 2 usual big ones are Kawasaki and Harley-Davidson

Others have a proxy presence through dealers.

Custom bikes were in hall 6 (through walkway) as usual. Like the Ohvale mini race bikes, and it looks like those will be sold through Champion Cycle.

Why does GTAM have a booth? This forum doesn't sell anything or make money, or does it?

In the cruiser hall some custom manufacturer had bikes with mahooosive front wheel setups. 30"-32"?

I had to laugh because everyone walking by was far more interested in snapping pics of the hired model in the leather miniskirt, rather than his bikes.

He didn't seem impressed. ?

Me too. I prefer to look at a pretty girl, or girls. More the merrier. Nothing wrong with that.

Why does GTAM have a booth? This forum doesn't sell anything or make money, or does it?
Promoting the various Sharp Rider courses (like the Lee Parks - Total Control ARC courses). As an information booth for the general public - the more members increases site traffic, which translates to ad revenue for the site supporting businesses.

Did my usual outing to the show this year. Recoiled at the price of the Indian FTR1200 at $22g. It's also bigger than you would think, with a much more scrunchy seating position. Almost track ready actually. Less leather stock there this year than in previous years. I think there was more at Dover. Seems there were fewer people there this year too. It was good to see more young people there. Lots of patches wandering around, made you wonder if something was going on. Really nice Ariel Square Four in the antique section. They could probably bring back a water-cooled version of that engine without any issues. Nice little CB350 track racer too, very well done.

We took our two oldest grandsons, (13 & 16) to this. It was their first ever motorcycle show. We haven’t been for 6 or 7 years. After over 4 decades of shows we were burned out. It was interesting seeing it thru the eyes of a couple of teenagers. They loved the MX show and seeing all the different types/styles of motorcycles as well as the people who built or rode them. They were embarrassed to look at some of the pretty young ladies. I blame the modern PC movement but that’s a rant for another time. The oldest boy has the hots for a new Yamaha R3 and the younger really likes the Can-Am Ryker. (Well, there is still time to change his mind…) The big drawback of course is insurance. Even the wife and I are having problems in that department.

The only purchase made was the wife bought a sweeter. All in all though we had a blast. We were 2nd in line when it opened at 10:00 and were dead beat tired by 3:30 so we headed back home. (Got there in time to watch the last half plus the over time of that wild Bills-Texans game.)

Back
Top Bottom