Moto-D Products | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto-D Products

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
isn't the whole point of getting something programmable to give yourself options? to go with a higher setting if desired.

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
Hey, just some information to help you out.
Starting at 40 is the wrong thing to do, you need to put your warmers on at least an hour before your first session so that they reach at least 80. The tires need to not only get warm but the heat needs to be soaked all the way to the rim. Many cold days I put my warmers at full for at least 1 hr and put cozies on them.

SO I am not sure where you got the 40 info from but please do not listen.

Your to do list for a track day in regards to warmers:

1) Put warmers on at least 1 hr before firs session. Take your pressure off the warmers before you go on track and adjust pressure accordingly. Ask your tire brand rep for the proper pressure for that day.
2) Check your pressure and temperature (buy a cheap CT temperature scanner) once you get back on the pit, you will see that your temperature is much lower than the one you went out with. SO if you started with 40, you will come in lower than that...if you make it back to the pit :)
3) immediately put your warmers on as soon as you are back on the pit and turn the Genny back on while you wait for your next session.
4) for lunch put your warmer back on but turn off the genny, turn the genny back 30 min before the session, depending of that days temperature.

Repeat checking your pressures regularly.

Others might do differently but that works for me ... DEPENDING ON HOW COLD THE DAY IS.

I went out once at 40 (due to a warmer malfunction) and lasted half lap before I was on the weeds.
thanks a lot zx600 for your advice, will try your way...

i guess other people haven't figured out its a group buy page not seeking advice page.

ZX600

Site Supporter
If you read through all the smart ass comments and jokes and sarcasm, you will see that people in here are actually looking after you and trying to slap some sense so you don't hurt yourself or even worse... one of us!

thanks a lot zx600 for your advice, will try your way...

i guess other people haven't figured out its a group buy page not seeking advice page.

ZX600

Site Supporter
Programmable can have its function, for example in my example of going for lunch, instead of turning off the warmers, you can set the temperature to a lower setting for 30 min so you don't cook the tires and then crank it up closer to the time of getting back on your session but to be honest, I think is all BS, there are already enough things to worry about, setting the warmers up is just not something I really want to do.
isn't the whole point of getting something programmable to give yourself options? to go with a higher setting if desired.

Last edited:

Brian P

Site Supporter
There are no options necessary. The warmers are either on (because you are going on track within the next 30 min - 1 hour (depending on the starting temperature), or they are off (because you are not). If you have tire warmers, there is no logical reason to have them set to anything other than the proper temperature for your tires, and the proper temperature for your tires is NOT a function of whether you are a new track-day rider or an old hand.

P.S. I have used Bridgestone slicks for years on my race bike (FZR400) and until 2 weeks ago, I have never owned a set of tire warmers nor a generator. At least with those tires, you (or at least, I) can manage the warm-up and first lap in order to not crash on them. BUT, typically, the class that I run in does not require lap 1 corner 1 heroics. I *just* got a set of the Bickle warmers - the good not-made-in-China ones, the ones that are repairable at trackside by John should the need arise. Haven't even used them yet. Will be using them this coming weekend ... VRRA P4F3 has a huge grid and I'm starting the qualifier on the second row ...

fzrcraig

There are no options necessary. The warmers are either on (because you are going on track within the next 30 min - 1 hour (depending on the starting temperature), or they are off (because you are not). If you have tire warmers, there is no logical reason to have them set to anything other than the proper temperature for your tires, and the proper temperature for your tires is NOT a function of whether you are a new track-day rider or an old hand.

P.S. I have used Bridgestone slicks for years on my race bike (FZR400) and until 2 weeks ago, I have never owned a set of tire warmers nor a generator. At least with those tires, you (or at least, I) can manage the warm-up and first lap in order to not crash on them. BUT, typically, the class that I run in does not require lap 1 corner 1 heroics. I *just* got a set of the Bickle warmers - the good not-made-in-China ones, the ones that are repairable at trackside by John should the need arise. Haven't even used them yet. Will be using them this coming weekend ... VRRA P4F3 has a huge grid and I'm starting the qualifier on the second row ...
I'm with Brian. With the number of decisions that have to be made before going on the track, the last thing you need is what temperature setting you have. I look to see if the light is on and that's all that is important.

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
just found out from a friend. mikeymoto stocks bickle warmers.. he ordered today picking up soon.

Nick_f

Site Supporter
Looking to get a moto D trailer restraint

is this group buy for real, or just another tire warmer thread?

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
Sorta late dude... message OP he has good links with moto d.. be warned moto d is super slow be ready to wait.

doubleapex

I've used both the STS stands and the Pitbull TRS system. In comparison to the Pitbull TRS the STS is horrible. Spend a few extra bucks and get the Pitbull, it's more stable, easier to use, and more durable.

Looking to get a moto D trailer restraint

is this group buy for real, or just another tire warmer thread?

Top Bottom