Moto-D Products | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto-D Products

kellen

Site Supporter
good for them... how much did they pay for their warmers?

i paid $190 for a programmable set.:cool:
I'm not talking about the money. I'm talking about the "temp preference"

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
I'm not talking about the money. I'm talking about the "temp preference"
ok but thats our learning curve isn't it?
i'll never get my tires to 120* like someone john was talking about.. while my friend PROBABLY could get closer than i could.
i believe the saying is:

"our monkey, our circus and our warmers".:glasses6:

Last edited:

carboncat

Site Supporter
Forget about you being a newb.
Put the Warmers on hot, get them up to proper temp and go out and ride, not half the tmep

This used to be my signature, but Chad didn't like it.

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
I did one track day this year on borrowed warmers.. 45 served me well

I am sure i will learn alot on this subject in the future.

Will give it a try.. thanks CC

Last edited:

dricked

Site Supporter
Nobody has ever said "I want my tires to be colder". The hotter the better and as was stated earlier, your tire will be garbage before it heat cycles out. I can also guarantee your riding buddy does not get his tires anywhere close to what Jason Disalvo does lol.

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
Ok someone like that is just sooooooooooooooo far out of mine or any of our league .... those are pro's.... we shouldn't even talk about these ppl.. they aint human ...

Last edited:

Mina

Site Supporter
Faisal - No offense but your logic here is flawed. I have Woodcraft dual temp Warmers and they're always on "hot."

Experimenting with tire warmer temperatures is not the same as tire pressure, damping/rebound, etc. You want hot. Anything else and you're not going to have a good time.

ZX600

Site Supporter
Hey, just some information to help you out.
Starting at 40 is the wrong thing to do, you need to put your warmers on at least an hour before your first session so that they reach at least 80. The tires need to not only get warm but the heat needs to be soaked all the way to the rim. Many cold days I put my warmers at full for at least 1 hr and put cozies on them.

SO I am not sure where you got the 40 info from but please do not listen.

Your to do list for a track day in regards to warmers:

1) Put warmers on at least 1 hr before firs session. Take your pressure off the warmers before you go on track and adjust pressure accordingly. Ask your tire brand rep for the proper pressure for that day.
2) Check your pressure and temperature (buy a cheap CT temperature scanner) once you get back on the pit, you will see that your temperature is much lower than the one you went out with. SO if you started with 40, you will come in lower than that...if you make it back to the pit :)
3) immediately put your warmers on as soon as you are back on the pit and turn the Genny back on while you wait for your next session.
4) for lunch put your warmer back on but turn off the genny, turn the genny back 30 min before the session, depending of that days temperature.

Repeat checking your pressures regularly.

Others might do differently but that works for me ... DEPENDING ON HOW COLD THE DAY IS.

I went out once at 40 (due to a warmer malfunction) and lasted half lap before I was on the weeds.

to someone who actually races.. yes it doesn't make sense.... to a newb minimal investment makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

ZX600

Site Supporter
Hacked account, he just told me over text.
Prior to Bickle posting, it was other members that were making the suggestion of buying and supporting a local business/brand. The man came in here and gave us an unbiased and detailed response which I (and I'm sure others) find invaluable. He even said "Moto D is a good warmer" and in the same breath, he gave a fair of assessment of his own Chinese made warmers.

Carbon, I think you're fighting someone else's battle.

Last edited:

caboose56

Site Supporter
If you park your bike in the sun on a warm day your tires will be 40C.

Lots of able riders have told you that setting your warmers to 40C is pointless. Are you going to change your mind?

SweetOnion

If you park your bike in the sun on a warm day your tires will be 40C.

Lots of able riders have told you that setting your warmers to 40C is pointless. Are you going to change your mind?
I was just going to verify this.... is the 40 people are talking about 40 degrees?!? If so, I guess if you lived in the Southern USA you wouldn't even get tire warmers, because the ambient temperature would be right there for you on a warm sunny day.

What tires are you running, shahfaisal?? I have ran Hypersport tires for all of my track days over about 5 years on 2 different bikes, and have not used warmers yet. PP's, PP2CT's, Pures, and Bridgestone S20's. If you are so new that you only are going to heat your tires to 40 degrees you should invest your money in something else instead, like upgrade brake pads or perhaps some stuff like a tent or a trailer if you don't own your own yet.... or at least listen to every single person in here that is telling you how to run the tire warmers.

just wait until you start showing up at track days and seeing every person is not doing what you're doing... will you still blindly go forward, unwilling to change?

Top Bottom