license plate ticket | GTAMotorcycle.com

license plate ticket

KrazyBones

I just got a license plate ticket. The cop was in-front of me and slowed down to get behind me for no reason (dick move) but anyway.

The issue here is even though my plate is not in the stock position it is still perfectly visible. I think the cop did not like its position but could still see it no problem. I assume its legal as long as it has a light(which it does).

So now i have to go to court 2xs to get a 110 dollar ticket dropped. Great job ****** cop

What is the ticket for? (What HTA number?)

Put up a picture?

Before you "fix" it or move it, please post a picture so that we can see.

My plate is not in stock position either but is clearly visible, so I'm in the same boat as you (and I am sure 100's of other riders).
I would just like to see what he was complaining about.

Thanks.

Yes, both a shot of the plate mounting location (plate# blurred) and the listed offence number would be helpful.

I will take one tomorrow with me on the bike
Take pics ASAP from a bunch of angles, DATE/TIME STAMPED TOO! When you take it to court and the prosecutor asks "is it fixed" you say "there was nothing wrong with it" and show the pics and it'll hopefully get tossed.

Ticket for not visible plate: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK39

Every number plate shall be kept free from dirt and obstruction and shall be affixed so that the entire number plate, including the numbers, is plainly visible at all times, and the view of the number plate shall not be obscured or obstructed by spare tires, bumper bars, any part of the vehicle, any attachments to the vehicle or the load carried. 1994, c. 27, s. 138 (7).

I added the bold. Basically the law says you have to be able to read the numbers and see the sticker. It doesn't say from what distance, what angle, under what lighting, etc. It says at ALL TIMES which is pretty much impossible. If I'm standing directly in front of the motorcycle is it "plainly visible"? lol.

The "obstruction" part is where they like to get ya. Rear passenger pegs, the tire hugger, etc. Post some good pics and we'll build ya a defense!

-Jamie M.

I just got a license plate ticket. The cop was in-front of me and slowed down to get behind me for no reason (dick move) but anyway.

The issue here is even though my plate is not in the stock position it is still perfectly visible. I think the cop did not like its position but could still see it no problem. I assume its legal as long as it has a light(which it does).

So now i have to go to court 2xs to get a 110 dollar ticket dropped. Great job ****** cop

NO JOKE>>> this just happened at 7:30 am this morning.
I just had some young foolish DRP threaten to charge me with a 2000 dollar fine (hahhhahah umm ya) and take me to court for a swing arm mounted and lighted plate on a 78 honda cb400
its perfectly visable..
hahha
i have to change it in 24 hours or" i go to jail.."
no kidding thats what he said.. i CANT wait to go to the station and speak about this.. considing i LIVE accross the street from it..
good times.. cant wait to hear this explained away..

Sucks to hear Sinner, please let us know what they say when you ask them about it.

Still waiting for OP to post a picture...

Sucks to hear Sinner, please let us know what they say when you ask them about it.

Still waiting for OP to post a picture...

I commend you on your patience!

I had the same problem before on my old bike. My plate was a bit tilted up and some ****** w/ his intern was giving me a hard time. The plate was clearly visible and no obstruction at all. I brought out the facts to him but he insisted I bend my plate back straight, lol. I just did it and re-bend it when he left. What a waste of time.

My present bike is all stock. I'm too lazy to convert it or don't want the hassle of converting it. I don't want to take a day off to fight a ticket even if I win or lose.

I had the same problem before on my old bike. My plate was a bit tilted up and some ****** w/ his intern was giving me a hard time. The plate was clearly visible and no obstruction at all. I brought out the facts to him but he insisted I bend my plate back straight, lol. I just did it and re-bend it when he left. What a waste of time.

My present bike is all stock. I'm too lazy to convert it or don't want the hassle of converting it. I don't want to take a day off to fight a ticket even if I win or lose.

my plate is not even bent..
pefectly straight.

"JAIL" LMFAO...

I'm so looking forward to this conversation.. :) it should be pretty comical.

my plate is not even bent..
pefectly straight.

"JAIL" LMFAO...

I'm so looking forward to this conversation.. :) it should be pretty comical.

Please record conversation!
You might need the evidence to back it up in court

Please record conversation!
You might need the evidence to back it up in court

so pesimistic..
back what up in court,
im a reasonable middle aged male.
i would like to speak to a supervisor abouit the tone and demeanor of an officer.
and inquire why it was so agreesive

seriously
friendly neighborly chat.

so pesimistic..
back what up in court,
i would like to speak to a supervisor abouit the tone and demeanor of an officer.

seriously

What's the fun in that if you can post it on GTAM for all to hear??

so pesimistic..
back what up in court,

seriously

So was Rodney King.

Your chat may go fine but I wouldn't count on it. I'm also a reasonable, middle aged dude.

So was Rodney King.

Your chat may go fine but I wouldn't count on it. I'm also a reasonable, middle aged dude.

Point....

Point....

workd out great.
no issues,
realizes he was a little agresive, appologized to me.
shook hands
went out side to come to a concencus of where it "could" go without shreading my rear tire.

workd out great.
no issues,
realizes he was a little agresive, appologized to me.
shook hands
went out side to come to a concencus of where it "could" go without shreading my rear tire.

Thats good to know!

Back
Top Bottom