insurance see your traffic ticket on the offense date not the conviction date right? | GTAMotorcycle.com

insurance see your traffic ticket on the offense date not the conviction date right?

SkyRider

i think that after 2 years your insurance drops your traffic ticket record right? cuz i got a ticket in Feb 2013. so say even if i lose in court, and insurance sees the ticket, it will be cleared after 2 years from Feb 2013, not the conviction date months later.

is this correct? so i figure i really have nothing to lose by taking my ticket to court. also morally speaking i think this ticket i got was bogus.

Incorrect. It's the conviction date that matters, not the date you got ticketed.

Example:
Say you didn't stop at a stop sign and got booked. The officer issues you a traffic violation ticket on March 1, 2011. You then go ahead and schedule a trial to fight it. When the city finally gets back to you via mail with your court date appearance confirmed, it's already August 1, 2011 and the actual trial date is set to Sep 1, 2011. You then "unfortunately" get very sick and can't make the court date, so you re-schedule the appearance. Another 6 month of waiting and your new date is set to March 1, 2012. You finally appear before the crown and lose. Conviction takes place effective that same day at the court, not the 1 year prior when you physically were given the ticket. So your 2 year period abstract won't go away until March 1, 2014.

Last edited:
I believe it is from conviction date.

Points expire 2 years from the offense date. Conviction stays on record for 3 years from date of, well, conviction.

i think that after 2 years your insurance drops your traffic ticket record right? cuz i got a ticket in Feb 2013. so say even if i lose in court, and insurance sees the ticket, it will be cleared after 2 years from Feb 2013, not the conviction date months later.

is this correct? so i figure i really have nothing to lose by taking my ticket to court. also morally speaking i think this ticket i got was bogus.

Back
Top Bottom