Insurance increases for 1 minor conviction | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance increases for 1 minor conviction

conundrum

Just wondering if people can chime in on what percentage increase they have seen on their first minor conviction on an otherwise clean record.

I know from past experience TD MM seems to be close to 0% on the first minor, however when checking for future reference I was told All State is 15% on the first minor, which seems a little excessive (eg. a 5km/h over would result in a 15% increase for 3 years).

Anyhow I think this would be good to know for those shopping around. Even if you have a clean record now that doesn't mean it will always be that way...and what seems like a good deal now could bite you the next time around.

For minor convictions, many companies offer 1 or 2 free (TD MM is 2 free), then 10-15% each after that. Once you start getting 3 or more, it gets harder to get a company to take you on.

For minor convictions, many companies offer 1 or 2 free (TD MM is 2 free), then 10-15% each after that. Once you start getting 3 or more, it gets harder to get a company to take you on.

That's what I figured/heard as well, so it struck me as odd when All State said first ticket ever would be a 15% increase, even if only a 5 over.

I am with Allstate, signed up with one minor conviction and there was no increase. I think they have a first times free type policy as well. Second one added 10-15 % on motorcycle only. Almost all cleared up now so next year should be nice.

Allstate first minor is 15% surcharge HOWEVER, if one ticket is all you have on an otherwise spotless record we will generally waive the 15% surcharge. Well at least I will. All agents and agencies operate a little different. But I will do all i can to help out.

It's not really a surcharge, you just don't get you conviction free discount, which varies from companies between 10-15%
It pays to be conviction free

Back
Top Bottom