Heading to Kirland Lake. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heading to Kirland Lake.

guym

Hey All I'm heading up to Kirkland lake at the end of this month to visit a old buddy of mine and was wondering if any one knows of any roads I wouldn't want to miss, or of any good stops for food/pictures ect...

I'm not going to be leaving from my house in London, I'll be leaving from my parents trailer, so this is "fastest route there" - On my way there it will be done in one day. On the way back I plan to do it in two days to enjoy the ride more and do some camping!

Here's the way I plan to take to get there (google maps fastest route from the trailer)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Tr...3wIdwPQ6-ynlqzF9wBQkTTEU8PKgyYtlww&mra=ls&z=7

That isn't set in stone, but I don't want to get really far off that route for the way there, as a 9 hour ride + stops for food/gas ect.. will be fairly long for me.(My longest ride so far is around 5 hours, with only one gas stop.)

On the way back will be more fun - I haven't decided if I'm going to end up at my parents trailer/ my brothers(Terra Cotta) or back home in London. I'm Not looking for the fastest way back just the most fun.

I think it all depends on what way you guys think would be the best route back, with a camp ground near middle or a bit after middle grounds.

Thanks for the input!

I was born up there. The ride up is nice on it's own once north of Muskoka, which is nice in it's own right. Once up at KL I'd suggest making sure you ride through Swastika and on up to Lake Kenogami and Sesekinika area. Pretty neat wherever you go. All the roads are scenic. Nothing challenging from a riding point of view though.

I was born up there. The ride up is nice on it's own once north of Muskoka, which is nice in it's own right. Once up at KL I'd suggest making sure you ride through Swastika and on up to Lake Kenogami and Sesekinika area. Pretty neat wherever you go. All the roads are scenic. Nothing challenging from a riding point of view though.

Hmm ok thanks, that's not far at all I think I will take a ponder over there! ;-)

- any one know of anything challenging, around the area - or something on my way home?

killbear is a nice park to camp at...the right camp spots have sand which is nice to sleep on

killbear is a nice park to camp at...the right camp spots have sand which is nice to sleep on

Hmm Ok, I think I'll end up camping there then. It's just for one night so as long as it's not trashy I'm cool with it. - Do you know of any good roads around that area that I might want to check out?

66 is a lot of fun. Not sure what condition it's in though. Head over the quebec border into rouen noranda (sp?) and if you've got time over to Val D'or on the 117.

Ok awesome ty, If i have the time I'll head over that way for sure!

Back
Top Bottom