Down Under on a KLR 650 | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Down Under on a KLR 650

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Wow did I get wet ....blue sky all around but not on top of me --- got down the range road mostly then it bucketed down the last 10 km and then of course the sun came out 🥴 been a while since I've been that wet...to the motoskivvies and beyond.

There goes the budget for boots :cry: ...wanted a shorter pair for the Burgman. Damn ticket was in my email box before I got home. One thing nice here all rego is online - no stickers and such - cops just check online that it is paid based on you licence plate.

Last edited:

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Really nice forecast for tomorrow. Go find some big birds at Eddy Bay ...
Netty Bay best Cassowary copy.jpg

MacDoc

Site Supporter
thanks - all dry from the drenching yesterday ...tropical sun really effective - cept the boots...I'll live.
Yow ....too hot... Nice ride down ( 100k or so each way ). No cassowaries but girl said there are 3 about which is good. No food or coffee ...closed Mon & Tuesday. :rolleyes: Yummy ice cream bar $4.70 each ) and barely kept up with the melt.
images

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at Feb, 23    2021    1.47.59 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at Feb, 24    2021    2.38.13 AM.jpg

a rare blue sky day in rainy season...clouds over Mt Bartle Frere ...the the highest in Queensland. Canefields in the foreground....this is sugar country with patches of rain forest.

Last edited:

MacDoc

Site Supporter

Happiness,,,,,got my 215 BT headphones - finally riding with books and music and directions - easy fit under helmet ...easy pairing with the phone.

sburns

thanks - all dry from the drenching yesterday ...tropical sun really effective - cept the boots...I'll live.
Yow ....too hot... Nice ride down ( 100k or so each way ). No cassowaries but girl said there are 3 about which is good. No food or coffee ...closed Mon & Tuesday. :rolleyes: Yummy ice cream bar $4.70 each ) and barely kept up with the melt.
images

View attachment 47143
View attachment 47145

a rare blue sky day in rainy season...clouds over Mt Bartle Frere ...the the highest in Queensland. Canefields in the foreground....this is sugar country with patches of rain forest.
Sorry to hear about all the problems you are facing, I hope you can find a way to enjoy it even with ice cream melting and sunny days..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Currently -2 here, but with some sun....😩

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Yeah staff in Sauga was crowing about sunshine.
Went out to the Bowls Club up the street last night with our family gang ...very busy - nice to see full tables and people enjoying themselves sans masks.
When you swipe the membership card it location traces you. Very convenient.
My Bluetooth earphones arrived so that ups the riding enjoyment considerably.

Last edited:

MacDoc

Site Supporter
1614395263124.png Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at Feb, 27    2021    1.17.20 PM.jpg
Scored some barely worn Alpinestars for $70 plus some shipping. Much better on the Burgman than the tall Gaerne Trials and cooler. Given up trying to find mesh pants here. Stick with good knee armour and tactical jeans. They dry fast enough and Burgman is protective to a point compared to KLR. Weather will tip down to cooler and drier soon.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Boots on the way - no rush as cyclone offshore…bit of a damper on riding
already blowy bands coming through Cairns

It’s blowing a bit now on the deck but the Cat 2 is well out to sea at this point - we are just in the outer bands
not likely to lose power but possible as the damn thing is meandering all over and mainly sitting and spinning off rain bands
1614566654724.png

1614566671427.png
Buddy back from his trek from Canberra - bedraggled rat I'm told.
Get the Burgman bits up to him tomorrow and go from there.

Last edited:

MacDoc

Site Supporter
no cyclone no power all night either fun wow ...hanging at the coffee shop
recharging with coffee food and power for all devices :coffee: (y)

Power back yay. ...goofy cyclone still wandering off shore and away
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at Mar, 2    2021    2.01.40 PM.jpg
Not so tame tho
we got off light

Intense Winds Lash Northern Queensland as Cyclone Niran Forms

Tropical Cyclone Niran upgraded to category two storm with powerful winds, heavy rainfall lashing north Queensland

Queensland weather: Cyclone Niran strengthening in Queensland's far north

Last edited:

Top Bottom