Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

Re: Down Under on a KLR 650

Had to wait a bit for weather and drive way but had a lovely all day ride today. 32 and was supposed to be dry but got damp the last 10 minutes.

Couple of nice days coming up.
YOU'RE KILLING ME! I'm going to the garage right now to start all my bikes. It's -8 and snowing in Markham.

Well that was an interesting couple hundred k

Lovely ride up to Daintree Village tho I could see some flood damage and water was still high. 30 degrees - nice tail wind on the ride and a yummy BLT at The Junction on the way up ...deserved a photo.

Knew there was chance of thunderstorm and I pulled into service station in Mossman for fuel grabbed a really cold drink for the road - good with the sealable tip for future use and I was perishing with heat...wet down what I could and felt better.

Rode the twisties on the James Cook to some rock n roll and came around the corner about 20k from home

x5R4cbvAICDC6H4oNgVywspUiZ-Pqf0AVCP195VoZETQS4vsuej_VZpSp9rpWo7Dd7-NV7gffX8hm-o4QaRF9ASsMA2wp-DHv3b7r6NF3O9eTq1sZTkSDd3Hv6pT0rCkk1a3Ks6Y6L8RQMmo  CIxKH4cpAa5o2r-z0g8bEC1Q8RpfChX_AS2nhRuF27W1cdxuerDg6cJL4ygXN9A98  S87zvdSW-tyvStNpDsLJOK5NtrJEm_U_GYpRM72UDBSq8shaENMsjPl2d7g  man2Amv-C8T2SYX92X37zualzyy3aActjfkBovJZcjvO_2hThKkZOf0u5o  3AdIqZTPBA9oBE9aw1WkvsFz2Dp56ZmVgu-Sv_T7aQF9fJ3AQno8ABmP0vY5W0fwpKaKBVag0u8G1GLivXfA8  T7A1_LeXBv7GCpynb3IO4snztVWZom6XFCz9BW4sbqLJYWflGj  ACuscvVuGUPlP9nuM5b-7DRCS00wGPXkh43mIF3iyi2zwQb-4xwOJ6Rn1cvnEC-pRezUEmCq7jXPhFr8fjoYbvyBS0nkeiedU0tTniZTTzd43QHdu-1UojQ2Ji5fo1mpzLZMyLhP3lzdjCmuW-N7nE7lCaEHHIl38I5-Lay9sojrZl7Vc0GzToleF_EHW_TeKntWooUv_XybG6vQ1dE=w5  66-h696-no

urk....pulled over - put all the camera and phone gear away and actually welcomed the first cool breath of the Tstorm and small bit of rain.

I wasn't fooling with this one tho ...black as sin and towering and fortunately slowly moving toward me as winds were from the south.

storm_from_palm_cove.jpg

someone caught it perfectly

Lots of damage and power outs

Thousands of people are without power, trees have been felled and Skyrail has had to abandon its operations following a short, sharp storm across Cairns this afternoon.

The cell rolled in suddenly just before 2-PM, bringing heavy rain, lots of lightning strikes and gale-force winds.

WATCH THE STORM IN FULL FORCE:
https://www.tropicnow.com.au/2019/f...es-a-trail-of-destruction-through-cairns.html

[video=youtube;ET6p2dDtGAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET6p2dDtGAE[/video]

Partner was watching from the 5th floor at the Base Hospital

I saw a small mall with underground parking and ducked in.
One girl on a smaller mcycle was just gearing up and I said better take a look .....she did and by this time it was pretty heavy and lots of lightning.
She disappeared back into the mall and I found a spot outside under an awning with a chair and sat it out for 30 min.

Finally tapered off tho wasn't finished by any means but I was quite happy to be soaked and cooler.
Still rumbling out there,

Last edited:

Lovely and cool this morning but 37 later ...heading out early for a German food pig out in Kuranda,

caption.jpg

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...German_Tucker_Kuranda-Kuranda_Queensland.html

nice twisty ride up the range for what's it's worth on a KLR . :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;FarmBxt1JDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FarmBxt1JDM[/video]

Sitting up that tall of course the lean angles are exaggerated and the Mitas 50/50 are pretty sticky

Has a good description of my choice of twisty riding on the 4 mountain roads.

never know where a shot comes ...crawling around the topcase trying to break in I guess :D

-f5FQwo_6QrxQ0yWfy0a1veunccFQQPFlSgU5cVwIMkkee2HQSr892_M5BCdqM0IlKCVhG8JLhH8UX1Me8inkwxhAu-ZIX_g6LMv42I3HZuoJS_maaRclWXSUi1QnPcSHRBrakUQNKyBUx6LAbkX0oCFKig2eMGt5Usz8jBPR2yn4lvPN3XWyeMqxkep7rF5t3QAyEaM5qR9c5iou0SetaFEwj7o8OMYK-7g9SVoDHSI6q_nb3zfuiZsrQWHGs6WGYu6g1y9gOWkbUE3uEBtahHfHtTNCnmzQ8H75LHqWstbpgmm9DfhJaJHvjl24TtF3Ie0tFGVIW9OMERvgM9q7LmBSqqLlkZ-jJQ17JhBRNz2lHhXVbQjS-qbHvzhbsVr_m0j_A7FQ4qX7pQxvYOXXgop740Oq2Nw-8jGKnF35LC16PLpqYV1ijSpo_UzCE5-tmLUjDufqXfAWhpwpHuOdVGarVlSulUpFVpLqW8-Ri-8s2GpFVhR59N8OGKbAcE-SMWKvRPCQBQsawYtEtAiXA4T8MA9IbZg43vgkl1OH4Rczgz-HmFo5jfU8XIR8w3NobJFl2PgVic6tdEUEXAjfRA4Q1QpF0aKEK4C1DD8C5MciSB0WfhRX90rTdXMKTRbOJPQiPouFRitD_Q72zi_Z5eenQ4OoJ1i=w1204-h1182-no

ended up doing my duty for the planet and had a kangaroo pie instead - croc sausaage more tomorrow.

Lovely just now but heating up quick at 10 am.

Last edited:

too hot

once it gets above 30 even my mesh gear is too much for riding and 38 fugedaboudit.
never got below 33 last night and just over 38 now plus tropical sun

just some local rides up to check the dogs at step dottors house and get a swim.

jeans light hikers and long sleeve shirt plus helmet and gloves

felt good - I had a second layer poly shirt on that was a bit wet - felt even better :grin2:

Giving up the heavier gear for short jaunts - I need to do more riding and the gear was deterring me

I'm not ATGATT ...rather ATGTA all the gear that's appropriate and right now very little.

Might even haul out the smaller knee armor for longer jaunts while it's hot.

My mesh jacket does okay in the heat up to a point but it the air in front of that storm yesterday was just over the top ...pant pant....at least drenching the mesh helped.
Stations here have clean water by each pump.

Cooler by the weekend but I may stay in lighter gear.

too hot

once it gets above 30 even my mesh gear is too much for riding and 38 fugedaboudit.
never got below 33 last night and just over 38 now plus tropical sun

just some local rides up to check the dogs at step dottors house and get a swim.

jeans light hikers and long sleeve shirt plus helmet and gloves

felt good - I had a second layer poly shirt on that was a bit wet - felt even better :grin2:

Giving up the heavier gear for short jaunts - I need to do more riding and the gear was deterring me

I'm not ATGATT ...rather ATGTA all the gear that's appropriate and right now very little.

Might even haul out the smaller knee armor for longer jaunts while it's hot.

My mesh jacket does okay in the heat up to a point but it the air in front of that storm yesterday was just over the top ...pant pant....at least drenching the mesh helped.
Stations here have clean water by each pump.

Cooler by the weekend but I may stay in lighter gear.
We are not jealous, we are not listening. We are all busy in our garages, changing oil, syncing carbs, checking batteries and counting down the last days of winter. We don't want to be in Australia because we heard there are too many sharks, spiders, and crocodiles to enjoy motorcycling.

suuuuure :D

Trying to get a ride tomorrow with buddy - he only has Sundays off and of course it is rain forecast but max 3 mm so will probably go out anyways. At least much cooler.
Rain, get wet, ride more, dry out.

Lovely and cool this morning but 37 later ...heading out early for a German food pig out in Kuranda,

caption.jpg

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...German_Tucker_Kuranda-Kuranda_Queensland.html

nice twisty ride up the range for what's it's worth on a KLR . :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;FarmBxt1JDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FarmBxt1JDM[/video]

Sitting up that tall of course the lean angles are exaggerated and the Mitas 50/50 are pretty sticky

Has a good description of my choice of twisty riding on the 4 mountain roads.

never know where a shot comes ...crawling around the topcase trying to break in I guess :D

-f5FQwo_6QrxQ0yWfy0a1veunccFQQPFlSgU5cVwIMkkee2HQSr892_M5BCdqM0IlKCVhG8JLhH8UX1Me8inkwxhAu-ZIX_g6LMv42I3HZuoJS_maaRclWXSUi1QnPcSHRBrakUQNKyBUx6LAbkX0oCFKig2eMGt5Usz8jBPR2yn4lvPN3XWyeMqxkep7rF5t3QAyEaM5qR9c5iou0SetaFEwj7o8OMYK-7g9SVoDHSI6q_nb3zfuiZsrQWHGs6WGYu6g1y9gOWkbUE3uEBtahHfHtTNCnmzQ8H75LHqWstbpgmm9DfhJaJHvjl24TtF3Ie0tFGVIW9OMERvgM9q7LmBSqqLlkZ-jJQ17JhBRNz2lHhXVbQjS-qbHvzhbsVr_m0j_A7FQ4qX7pQxvYOXXgop740Oq2Nw-8jGKnF35LC16PLpqYV1ijSpo_UzCE5-tmLUjDufqXfAWhpwpHuOdVGarVlSulUpFVpLqW8-Ri-8s2GpFVhR59N8OGKbAcE-SMWKvRPCQBQsawYtEtAiXA4T8MA9IbZg43vgkl1OH4Rczgz-HmFo5jfU8XIR8w3NobJFl2PgVic6tdEUEXAjfRA4Q1QpF0aKEK4C1DD8C5MciSB0WfhRX90rTdXMKTRbOJPQiPouFRitD_Q72zi_Z5eenQ4OoJ1i=w1204-h1182-no

ended up doing my duty for the planet and had a kangaroo pie instead - croc sausaage more tomorrow.

Lovely just now but heating up quick at 10 am.
This is you in the video MacDoc?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Just vlogger showing the range road to Kuranda.

This is more challenging road 200 turns in 19km - The Gillies

[video=youtube;9Kg4TS-Zga4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kg4TS-Zga4[/video]

Last edited:

Just vlogger showing the range road to Kuranda.

This is more challenging road 200 turns in 19km - The Gillies

[video=youtube;9Kg4TS-Zga4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kg4TS-Zga4[/video]
Nice. Would you say Australian's are a friendly bunch?

Pretty big ask ...like trying to quantify a Canadian.......not as multicultural Canada but also many similarities and generally Aussies and Canucks are comfortable in each others country - there is an icredible amount of travel between the two populations.

It's far more unionized and a stronger safety net but again it's diverse country. Traffic enforcement is far tighter and getting an Australian licence for open class bikes brutal. Fortunately they accept Canadian licence classification.

It's more expensive than Canada in many respects and certainly more extreme weather as climate change is pushing that, You'd enjoy it ....get your *** over here.

Pretty big ask ...like trying to quantify a Canadian.......not as multicultural Canada but also many similarities and generally Aussies and Canucks are comfortable in each others country - there is an icredible amount of travel between the two populations.

It's far more unionized and a stronger safety net but again it's diverse country. Traffic enforcement is far tighter and getting an Australian licence for open class bikes brutal. Fortunately they accept Canadian licence classification.

It's more expensive than Canada in many respects and certainly more extreme weather as climate change is pushing that, You'd enjoy it ....get your *** over here.
Thanks for that....I belong to a few motorcycle groups with a lot of Aussies...they seem like such nice people always willing to help each other out. That plus the warm weather makes it a tempting place to check out. Do you see many sportbikes? The guys I know hide in the bush doing single track enduro. I guess the law doesn't bother them there.

Some but they are not popular here in FNQ.
Mateship is important here so you will say that amongst off road riders who really depend on their mates sometimes even when its life risking to get stranded.
Off road is hardcore here and population is sparse ...they depend on each other.

Aussie mateship: Tracing the history of a defining cultural term - ABC ...
www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2015/01/23/4167572.htm
Jan 23, 2015 - "This Australia Day, more than anything else, we know mateship lives... We will hang on to our Aussie mateship and our Aussie fair go, in the ..

The roads in the south of Queensland, Brisbane area are a delight for a sports bike

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/topics/sportbikes/au/

The Aus gov clamped down very hard on 1%ers

Bikie gangs | Australia-news | The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/bikie-gangs
The latest news and comment on bikie gangs. ... Wearing bikie club colours in public banned under Queensland organised crime laws. Palaszczuk government ...

My poor buddy on his Burgman ...one day free to ride and

t4uky_KDkrJEWw1EjNmxh97jqNwl8eAycGKfpZwffFTI37_y7_wI1EpQHlavNNBM-IqEKedHIZ4g2YakmNoCDI0-RHh-DPN1G2nCvL5KTVxsLtKeF9A4Q503d4EmO7kQVz5lqUx1C-ZEC87n1Jw4kPtM_NKjFaBbV8bQglZZQmIvdXxsN044Vo9-tOToFhcOxLzuakkN6inhkcMzIrA7Vh_W7GuA0xBvv_-B6q10wXMGziSHxe_nT17TF0YuV3DUvhYkw7LtYXYXMw3gDn7Ykbty1fBtLDKlKZL5-qCpNm-_a5MvuGI4vD98qJa8Y2xnr28HlV0g0lajNgkIiNQ4mie_Yk9h2ZIz7wO-PqZdNx24owZ-ul6IKAdkzD9KK_szRqivY2_bkupH7-pm_Wmz02BLbc0DQX5buVrr03LdqSGiwpswz8fT22G4ETLYQIfiwPZWZfhvaCxbf93JxP8b5WWjb5zOPHNQ7bIKuas1uYZRN2HCPf9xARPtTUbQDtMlvGzyPhc1jV-d-L84L8qhk2NPPMW0o65YrfHo9kcINU_u_ieFw1QCTxvL9sUuFGTHNGVeEtt3hUSL3TdEB9t40cWB197_eQ961zkQmahLmpGcvBCmt9IAkckmiPuUQ1wA4L2rXE65ATneMRexwdNsYHjqK8io5U9b=w1186-h926-no

80% chance of rain :(.

Was supposed to meet him at Mossman ...lovely ride up the coast and good food. Iffy at this point,

the-junction-cafe.jpg

Last edited:

worked with lot of Aussies over the years in several places
mining projects here in NA, in Africa and in the middle east

they're generally pretty good lads that are incapable of shutting their yaps
best quality I'd say is it's impossible to insult an Aussie, great senses of humour

never been over there, would like to see it someday
the unusual wildlife is interesting
but the spiders and snakes I hear can get too interesting

looks like a great way to escape winter MD
this has not been a good one to be in Eastern Canada

Quite happy to be here given your winter ...I watch it from my Nest doorbell :D

Got skunked on riding today ....just too much rain tho not bad now.

I FINALLY after years of not doing for stupid non-reasons will get on the Great Barrier Reef before the damn thing disappears.

[video=youtube;Hwc1eDW7hTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwc1eDW7hTs[/video]

Dottor is coming in May

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attr...eat_Barrier_Reef _Experience-Queensland.html

We would go 8th and 9th ….and I am going regardless at some point my trip here
still have fond memories of Virgin Gorda. Was very proud of the kids ...8 and 10 doing an open water snorkel over a wreck ...3' waves.
Now I've been snorkeling since I was 8 and many places around the world but totally out of shape now ...have good gear tho an a pool to get used to it again.

There is options other than snorkeling too …glass bottom boat and a submersible….stuff to do on the Island as well.

Sleep over night on the pontoon

good review of the trip here

http://courtystelt.com/sunlover-by-starlight/

get to sleep on the reef - that's a big appeal

gbr0-1024x683.jpg

this reviewer in late 2018 ( not the best time for snorkeling ) was ecstatic

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Show...er_Reef_Cruises-Cairns_Region_Queensland.html

snip

I did snorkelling in nine countries before but the outer reef was by far the best coral. Also I cannot remember seeing so much fish species within an hour. I did snorkel from 12:00 to 15:10 with one lunch (buffet lunch was good enough) break. After 10 minutes I did saw a turtle. There were several changing rooms available. The toilet was only available when the crowd was away.
When the other tourists leave we did get some snacks and relaxed on the top deck of the pontoon before we did a glass bottom boat trip. After a great sunset we did get a good buffet dinner.
I did sleep with the swag partly open to see the stars. Later in the night it did get cloudy.
After a good breakfast we did get a guided snorkelling tour of one hour outside the limited area. The coral was in my opinion a little bit better (if possible) compared with the coral in the limited area.
After the crowd arrived I did snorkel like the day before leaving the water at 2:15. Because the water level was lower as the day before we could not snorkel above the reef anymore. But the sides are also terrific.

Looking forward to it...price is reasonable $500 cdn each all in food, transport, accommodation and two destinations in the trip
Food sounds okay too.

Clear and seasonal ,25C just now with some rain forecast..1-3 mm- just enough to keep me close to home on the mcycle :(
High of 30 is civilized.
I still might go out ....rain be damned - it's isolated showers ...not the monsoon trough :D
And I really have a taste for another kangaroo pie.

Caught it just right today. Lovely cool weather and got back before the showers.

Gillies in both direction and a yummy English tea at one of my fav stops. Home baked scones, local jam and cream.

mYvvJgrzZ4iYpJ7V9ojDzf4A1KHa_PjCuSGw8C7c2a5D34jgxFkmPK21H3Dpe9wLTezksRI9n1O4_V4ka4zDaegqgpdLzi79yvfmA2v1eN4A3mP-sXKHa-aZBI-7uB5MM114MomwV3SCsynhJu2kfRqag9b1Q4e5dupRz8C_jHnmVgEbK7CFQeKhhG3XN3ylp4Gjm1etZphjnHWDp5lNWsqAjgBpA4r37qOYBwOhUJQfeaf69DxkIZygujAowMGdiSXWDyAzRuVCTilqIMvtyJpnk5lOuINbEDUy-OLFgf2NG8ynQnkoCZBtzfe8h8SX4VyBYfaOP6J5AaoVL0w1oZw-Ds5lJYE-OYJ4h0Ar46PmsLWE3_HBOfYHINYhZ9WsnOlLZ3ZR2BrbIWAQo4BYyFYVvMp9rHDIuPFsG9h-Y9Al1KD_d2bpTCd7PLwMgBfi9MwQ3_qNj7rOW1Nc3jJfrSJDcvhqoUtXVAUTnYeqr91kr2KINRKwZHFcN8kHQ5DS96oT5MOOYE5m5aqZDC9cQZmqvd06MdITBVDr8hMRfwUAo9CKFoioP8GMdHmB5Pe0jp4KDUOGTqafwkYBWeNRiR2rOCJmPrnOw_BlyfBjh9SHAXyrPyRyxZ-tErWewj7zuQUsYMzIbH_ipc7fYkqU6HuZ1kV3DG2w=w2262-h1274-no

benn there many times and it's a volcanic lake surrounded by rain forest.

-5X58CxrpTXNzEZSPm7oihJdeR7_8eFcRtbMPu3EnMEWQherMF5Xxg2fICNlahwzafRYBZhSHcNgWYR6EiJA7-Fm2zCt4H7BVXZ4WU02MzsBbSLosysCgCV0leNVecvktKJwdgxv8FcKcWzsjtC3AdheSuFBqsRhzYC_9WHZYAdtG0DGBOwYetuMjkRUb_3Lw7m3H7CMTMB7vk_zGxT1gjLoJzqFGW5zAkQuGPjln2rIyOhjEo3lrs4tyTBoJ9fTimeZ0R8D7fNiIH_zEIXbRDbrPzAdt47gAiYSEwfIukxjtpe1qNZdXF2-38XSnh_ASvsdnWkY25H1y_1F_wyZohQY9vnIKYBrgM-D23sBoG3Xkcj7yYOdiiOlnSoMM__s2p-Ub9gO1zJF1e6XgkRAD344SXqxdQZpb1_BHsQe1lNH8kOfVl6Quwmpc31f5Pv7Ld1CifcmG06TjaFcFs8tfbf8ruPJLFS0Cmv8MJurtAusLrN_pUI5rENAwFxOHgKqzqvwo9lfRy7kfVlUH0OO2bZ81fq-H7DhXviU8Y7MFlyFq4M68ViJ-1RGNTuOJmvgMm_lHNNwekBzNEHiWkUpCBVMyuQR00LiHotinILVUYjIwOLn09oyKexFfZ7Bz9o089T9asZmw8cQZVTu0FUWMcchSuNU11gG=w517-h292-no

now the existing rain forest bears no resemblance to the monster trees pre-Euro

waNKL_pWtZyGibhNjGqBdYIhe1BOBd0VitP1qFJPnMVtLynhBG8SHHEDXCs0ncFnmuzYuIau4wQgZ70q7uBK5HfBbA4SjOr3LRwqCuFLMiLMw3eW9Tj53_AbTuxCSP8D-UKkA7N4l5z-LcqNkrUOHVaFeUqw4KmrdKVP2JSRV3NX6-ch6pZr8ry11hsDizMrLdo54wBH5z5QeSlj1Rw1T0goPcRcAt2kwW-hG31CO4qIrogm-2DaoZXNiWou1bXH7fTkmqbFmRM0eCKMEetWYS1ioEXBstcR8DvQwfxUE1t8O5lY8seb-cKa5-m931TTqv6cw1nfVCNFzF4CdPoYCo_Ac4Rnn8PJa6K_LzwSkfwR4rzmPV6c65F6VWBGERAANvyhm9HQ3yqiMwyLD6jLyblRokBqN88ecoEvMg3VJG09UW2EIS4jEq2DcubFyqtqod6_FVeLUJc9i3xoqsm6QQtdc0lsA18T1wu7k6FMvOjWgX6U_E6_vcEuS_L_ey7QgnLIbxAThkxuAiiLr6rZ0p3JI06oghsi0nCEm4oOy1saB-ZoeA2LXzzMShlDdz8dJ9MBSIrKWX1-NyJrnq07CZeontdWxvjX55H9XHDhUutK5ZrW14pQPrzFgPasLFR4vD54TwByj7XE6uVjcMGB4e2wtUcIxrkj=w517-h292-no

relaxed and took some photos...really nice day on the bike and rain came just after I got home.

Yum

76nOH6ZgV80G5i_eSw4uT523Sug-1GVvXfq12sHwu0sUOshcNkGpZFcv3kPA_REofDpCgfDzvRm3aRHbT8iJA7UU0u0L5bzw370nVfIaSrI6zzUoNOEXCerSVJpq6BwDi-Cftr13JYfWMU1Lg0WKQqgiWBg36YUx7WE73UpAGErpxiRFQ0t7AahxmqujEmTp3iQzs_s1M25-sYiIFVkKxvxe7eKSbK9ZmeFTydtbc-bJWVxeus2Su0i1eqSb0jMtWb8WaRCPSfJ90RFXrk6Bzc9TKVV9rtZ_4kIbcZHTOcWPut369ywg2-49rscvk_juzHZIDnlqX4GVQ3zwtgYbMZxp0XEwptagY6CTQe_JMMrRjUyqgiU1fsXKShLCYumeYrW-Z6Kq1cZUhLombNQrD6sDCGSDKL0Pvq-DZf3oWJYtlnyyIFJgtQ-uyJ5BEjpPSRcV2y1QTlrSgyDzaVPpDvwTXJuXs6Gn3_Wddzy6cVwpflFsyLitwZ_rc-EbBT5HmzkoAPHZ2AIBqVW5mKFO8D9msRQUsUYTGKpwyVNs3p1rZKu1abN9o_Dqkpjwf31KPXzBkR6tOLcoDsF18VW7PLKPoZMUmv430yN3sj8Oe8JbB99e4yA3F9_XIOkgIM2JT5p4L5l9f447WGqhpKS2_gNRPBto7jca=w517-h292-no

and excellent tea, strong and generous..local tea too. Grows just a few km away - neat machines that harvest tea.

Because of the dateline...my Monday here is Sunday in Toronto not worries about going MIA for the day :D

Dodging showers but made it to Kuranda for a German food lunch.

yum ...croc sausage
crocs are protected but there is a huge farming biz

VXZWRwCWseJ7xSGkQfE754cbZgoTfW7jIyYqh5bJYf48bIbcrWpt9Wy98XN17obFawMNjFKiJfoe3g39iJOji2GxXBBsIbQEIQ-oKGSZPsySSsTtWWsacs4QmJmrU_t4IbKfg83MpcxNL7bPlRUio5iN-hzqnnYYRz2xI6_XJND_eR332ZYcIY2ZILDLXh_Mb83fJlgGXa7unbpXZjl2dKipCq6PUL2Dv3tTjjpFdMAoV0hKwd87kb0OvgTCSjKqTijB3cA3IZMEEcZpOeQIA1tekAvpzGcaX0q0oJga0B3_lFgWuH0DfkJIZ1kjrf3W0CCnCNXIzzemkE04eVqBOsoY60jR2I3_I8_hxq4aE2_r53_BjVJ8JikpVJdfbrub1MWrt3L_uc3Dx42pQAk9kUr3B-nFhprmr9AjJi3glrBmrPmBlIbVvYJKAGZmb4yJLwvmEVTYmSBQ30SsZ6mg5Bj67Ix85QpLM_7UXnibx3nMhjgjutqb5_ziGjFPMtPVHWa0yoNoYAh90-obZmO0oxThF2kZVpz-Ja_TozprCcrBp9BuI5989CO8-LezGbJM-0D2ljRhhwkc2AZ84K5dwqFx28zAeNdxpBdQgeIl3QcSIzWYGNJjHj6PEsLRgtElM5pWXWCD-w0EG0Zk7YdbhO2Hu60YQ5zX=w1772-h1328-no

Nice riding weather - 28 scattered clouds keeping it cooler.
This is low season for tourism in this area which helps/

This year at least one of my fav day rides to Milaa Milaa is open

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Rest..._Falls_Teahouse-Millaa_Millaa_Queensland.html

Fantastic views and maybe a swim

7ielQ598HcS4UV6LSzXsJSqd8XSrlBvAibxmQq3d7D0GSxYnFC1tYIrZb0HepSuhGLoU3Bz-phxHd1gXQ60gAJ7OgB7SjZ1T6_wCEhSCTHLdNChPU0z2rmueUnuiHN-_xVRCnswfPA4PURQGgszhwoRZTFxohk_iBNxBMuDqva2yw7nMmDrOT7w98uLa9sOR9vUI96tyURKr8zHvLPmaY0F6OOIZwMZ7xakHUyF4hfXUELn40AuEG6QWkkM6Pw94QgdAmS3GrOlN9TopLQyvmk98sNbinWnup3AlkedpDObxvFRsUFViQT8G3MhQ4WE2nZFWx8QQ_ZFEWvXTNiRWQOAZ0r5kHrX3ba__j8JYxnqLy0GdeY2W97OSjwRe_ygMJuShe1uQvlg0dkDbGGbPi1rTgMK9VaAXBS_xka1sM_oQF2vuUQ8MWKNRTJPQyCmlE9zGTl2MgqEzsjGSFvCJL53HPqdw8zzGDrnBMch5eQXjHw2BpsEvRZmb6PfjT97zEQYV-6uPtdU1m_npjxbgvwSX086ghkiDAVxMow4Z-IxO1Ff536FUdL7xgkQzDuOl7ovN7z9hKJV9k5jYkzt1BDLlyhsV1BV1TSsambKUhrqMmZ5Gem7ylIsPgZT3ctMq5BFCCkyOFMBvdphIla1FwiBbwNTAR99iS3KlulqHh-UNXpm9M4egURSrjo8QlhpfcAMSmiqKaFxkb7XbLHa04aQDzA=w1986-h1215-no

some nice routes in the area if I get up early enough

Not looking good today at all ...and I have work to do.

Did get a little side trip to the Barron riverbed yesterday.

UiA_sJwslgR4MbrgK6oMPnzfQufCWCi2qcKrRQRFcsS65SXDCRP4_eDoje4O24WSlE7Q75zzmJS2b9kGXOiiG7igEKL5gaCVy0RMrR-ntoau1PEJL6MBAG2idoU6x4RiXzWeWNUqYg8jjC0TfUU-aLSWdPyRDJ61O7CDEM9l7aMnlnR-1vx6OYKX1pQq0X0oSuSiIbGbctmnjp7Yt2XXMAe0Y5xz_q9LBTEblFncr8en2RbtLmAV-YWPjgLM6u4S18OoUa8Jkgpi4gegwMEsJU8XQ_9wJ3ZzL9B31AU4VWDRG1_5F72PNJ1tApFFs3KY0aAtL6e5dhfVgOzvgv2zgATQxUeVEZsamuVSKkGaM9J6CctVLMC1RVrPg2IffBdQWui6bZAJ_GkDj3CP3U04XyRreaLs8kgFWW6G8OGOgKgAkfB1dQVFCK4o4ClQDzZacv8WQnMRAxYE96X_mOQGJ3l_FKAcEAgCN5eawuCIFe47SLMA10zFcmOYynQHycJnAlC77WFLJRA2M3WehgepV8ZcOdlAEqjIZ0P3NBHevJcmFDfjrMmioimOctDJHMN2rvpAp1HSKqXPDBnNLT8cH9RUky2N0WFHe0wnthH6fYJw3fGMRWTccfi5xLK4ZeeDUlEXXHePAoC2mA7f4Z-HTEnZbizkiJem=w1602-h969-no

7RxvRfjIdOUrdUxzBZI4qqrs3CDO8q167X98xxqnDcessz6lxc05A-cdONMQMSvixdpue0L--xOd5CBzes06UhfUKgFksWsjpKtJZQZK3JjpCoMr-F4WPIqbupBsyTsq_wTsX0jJaDksoPnrqCFjz6TMBKkk6UGoqmSAWilM6Q9B00ajrOx8dVcbNifpVwRfgCOEYeLJwgrTMkqOMQwWsHAN17RJhqrpVtKGT94pFeFNvM3jpV2gZP_0HwefeU8z4fCKiDjFc8CBwNEsrNP3M-CfKmYmooMnxjNPDc9YT706pCzlmKft94sUfY_jJepFMykCwkH9ue86ZWiV86poPmTuKF75zTXsslk16kmT-XsWJK_6bQYsXzRy00T-jH9FUzpsbnzyCSoOul9o9X9ZdyWwl-553L91klkWze1290-Xe1UHC0DFJVoR5pbgu2pdiCeRFiZ9-UcTQEB2-3dEtN6SrF0HQj51qfAjOm77hkLpQP9gSyQ5TlbsnyMY_vft59xb44c2PHJwpfAcnoqFsMgjqHvRHzJ8xeqbN1_-vdIzOIhFEqM9uCRnwo6WHSb2oAr4C0k9JlmTsId9tyaK6wgutAx-dapUWzrblcynvU0-BpxmRwijbqWiAZ5dxJ-LK7yIeMGnlqn6Dna41MMfjh7YsGwmdvSm=w1706-h689-no

it's a nice ride with some fun elevation changes

uYIwWWwSLx-PourKQ2PYczD7-DKg5wU8SM6EoPUN12n4i0KFR5hBzvWZku4_FZQsz8HY339abJNZzSS1Sc4OZmqFAFw1CEiFLmrkkMOsmpuhWWgakHtbA5-ITThz7_WDd0JKY8yJ3VcffByN5IlN8KFSgj1i6n-M090iuzBsafmxKjoB8V9G7BEbXXjJPVvSo6i3bJPunJopKL19wupYGJZsA1JvHrUp0237epkAGnIMiHCpnaN0s2jp-Yh8HiGgJjsh1NmEw_MUi23D_CUmeKP4n_Sq8Bx9az5GXLRDsTEnnaH0nerLiQF2v6Ec61jdaEnHsYXsVjTQWtQh36ZhwJHBR40r3HkeFkTmm28x0c8gH09-Pdp1E9hEclwZkR6rM8SasdYGuWLgzEmOvQ5pdwyd5ikYtgAl68ll54TuYYRAC-5eospQb3BcyancmdVcvVLga1LxGwUlf9uzrmW9d81p2wJOX9BV_yCtb8SjPhfJGb2FSx4fKROJHKjhl93FcPXLKsNxOUVBaOiuSm9vQVM0oUuyBrNwPXxJVA72io3Wp0h8EBf1OYDX3Y2Ir_zU5tJlYVJI2or4f9gOGl1J8fu8qJMK_5gX3tqJUDuWNSb1K24F4i_ug8EWlwvkv0NFfwrL2nr8w7X8L6UZfSzJ4mjFJfrjyBFE=w1685-h948-no

We had a property on the road we were going to build on but decided to sell.

gorgeous critter turned up somewhere along the way

RiViIUkfNT6ik_8szW8cFUdX5wVY4eYls9sT7AWauE9joK-6keJ9feX1fEcPcm48x35CwH-ZWJWxFGRHBnBzQTNkQs_4uI3QYa-oRDKeOA1LCcFpapd3KFmzSiPk6t2lQDr0ePPelEEh8QTm1euhwpeSO35dHL9A-izUQIO86W5KTAYFzT7p6LKIpJL4fFJ-KUOyRU7dnXq8ayWMobreu___zLH3F_hjABCzm3EGe7RWKBDkMJ6u34Qkv66LuHl7pT3EtpfnzTSOLLAK98YqTjXlBuTrBm-5SbwI7RAgIJP6YdHV3uWakG8Iglj3ec06DvAEDaCxiQLH7w4XyzqUt1uuvMyUsGZoi0njbOmbc-fr1KPDM04xqO_fvnxI9_HiDaH5gptgws9Tr9C7QWMuOqeqZd41y_cHIsDRku_vcNZivEtPar1ncDEnYqscY4SGrd7DL5Kw7TRM-r0-OQ_aVtREazRmr33UfIrsTrPtkV10HVwdBXF8Xg5ZVRwcnr4UlJGIsUZi1ffWO1bsmW9ix77ndJfjsu_MAbmhjPnp9eSi1T97K4nmAuU-_Q9igte82IkFocds4m5Bul1iCyfiKEKNJf7cXKoiRxHWgV2fQtETkxT1JKmwwO64mCuzozcW5hh4INCOGBGxtKBhQ_eeorkPU59SwFxo=w1706-h866-no

Last edited:

Contrary to last trip to Aus the weather gods are smiling. Woke up to 6 hour window of little chance of rain and high 20s....too nice. :D

What a lovely ride to Skybury ...tailwind - very little traffic - best table overlooking the tablelands and a kangaroo grazing below me.

3m49tWvpNLS7T30BAV8hyfGq84YieIxopfow1vF-Imf7lA2fNEdyHQ_kH5_4LgfogBCICr7zb36j_iH03QvR9xGA9f  MMEVJE7YkWsl1G6ToZJOqxAnX3DanaFIdhFRe2ENLNydfudcaV  vtO6i70iiFyaYknVcQ8k4l21fRe_6ufe8VMUxaaAOk2Tz6xqoa  2Z71jQFRRxxi9uRvs6FsY6XoGLaSRTTapvAMyybn3MNA9JBvlG  JDTYQi2lBjShAQMIkFYW30Fa_gTB6dCoQejNqQkmw_FgM1fYAQ  51W_DzwIGngUw7DNInB1Rv14y5DL54et-vmzdzcr9eFStTcmxiXuRjfMd8mg__II1Me2rPQOTqpEQ9ETlzy  9-Pb9w6E_QAWUQIwFiYrA6jneelLbkLLfjqAgis3iWRTWdIPgm8u  ei4lJDC2Ng54M7g0YmHwXhmDsv4-VoKumKxN3ofg28PWMPS_Mu1gWjJO-g1JKetjumJD2Y2zh0VIF3UojIFYfPiBVC0ne5ghFq0Trb1tPVS  mXsMwOHXxQMJzxZ7SbP3KWMnwVWLdqgWK3-l3NTDkdHS4pBU3eO1_yHSjHOTZcwANiHaJqPmyi0znARZbxtuP  kitY47wIEtvk5MJ0jdY9AxhQ53a5lUMUZuOdQxw999J_DR2Uz8  Ttqi1=w1680-h1276-no

Just SUCH a hard place to work from . :rolleyes:

I'll likely get drenched on the way home for that

My breakfast is a flat white, papaya and banana all grown on the Skybury plantation.

Papa10.jpg

[video=youtube;HprB2gS5apI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HprB2gS5apI[/video]

http://www.skybury.com.au

Last edited:

Well damn ...had written off today due to rain forecast and by noon it's lovely out and I have HST to complete....nasssssssty weather gods.

Skunked for a couple days but the week looks very good for some longer rides. Just need a good nights sleep which did NOT happen last night :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom