Does anyone here know about fleet security? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does anyone here know about fleet security?

kesiyakalf

Hi guys, I am running a venture, a food delivery service. We use many vehicles for our business purpose. While going through Google, I came across fleet insurance from Toronto. I haven't heard about that before. Does anyone here know about fleet security? If so, please share it with me. Also, is that essential to take fleet insurance for my vehicles? Share your views.

J_F

gringo diablo
Site Supporter
blanket insurance policy based on the size and what vehicles comprise your fleet
many other factors determine your rate, type of business, usage, history

advantage is you can swap vehicles in and out of the policy easily
and rate is not determined by the drivers
the insurer will give you criteria under which they will allow drivers on the policy

it is not mandatory to have fleet insurance

you sound like you're actually here to sell something
why come to to a motorcycle forum to ask this??

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
As a practical matter, if the business owns the vehicles and they are not just executive perks assigned to one person fleet insurance is easier. As JF said, you just need to make sure that the drivers meet the standard provided (may include things like demerit points, years of experience, licensed for the vehicle class being driven etc) and then any driver can take any vehicle.

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I am here because it is all about vehicles.
This site is about the motorcycle niche of vehicles. Opinions will vary from helpful to insulting. If you want facts talk to an insurance broker. The original post is too vague for legit replies. Do you own the vehicles you use? How many?

raginduck

Site Supporter
Hi guys, I am running a venture, a food delivery service. We use many vehicles for our business purpose. While going through Google, I came across fleet insurance from Toronto. I haven't heard about that before. Does anyone here know about fleet security? If so, please share it with me. Also, is that essential to take fleet insurance for my vehicles? Share your views.
How are you running a venture... that uses many vehicles.. but don't know anything about insurance?
You should have been fully informed/educated before you started the business.. or at least during the start up process!?
AND... how are you running the 'venture' without insurance right now?
No one can answer you questions.. How can we know if you should have fleet insurance? Do you own the vehicles.. or are your delivery drivers using their own? If the latter.. then fleet insurance probably isn't what you're looking for.
Did you talk to your commercial insurance broker? You know.. the one that brokered your liability, E&O, etc... policies?

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Did you talk to your commercial insurance broker? You know.. the one that brokered your liability, E&O, etc... policies?
But they're a "technology company" not a service provider, therefore they don't need any of those things. /s facepalm. That seems to be the standard argument from these "disruptive" companies that aren't really disruptive as if they didn't avoid all of the costs incurred by traditional businesses, their prices would be similar and they would fail to launch.

raginduck

Site Supporter
I just found you pumping kaseinsurance on a renovation forum.. and a bunch of others.

I don't know about others... but IMO... this is not a good way to try and sell your company or product.
I am a business owner.. that carries extensive insurance policies... that does business with dozens of other businesses... some are new businesses/start ups that we help get going... I now know the name of your insurance company.. and not for a good reason.

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
I just found you pumping kaseinsurance on a renovation forum.. and a bunch of others.

I don't know about others... but IMO... this is not a good way to try and sell your company or product.
I am a business owner.. that carries extensive insurance policies... that does business with dozens of other businesses... some are new businesses/start ups that we help get going... I now know the name of your insurance company.. and not for a good reason.
Ouch.

If the story about a delivery business is true, outlook not so good. Creating accounts in 50 different marginally related forums to ask strangers for advice is probably the least time-efficient way of getting good information.

If they work for Kase, shame on them. This marketing strategy sucks and should be shut down asap. A lot of forums have already whacked the user with the same name as the OP (presumably because the post was unrelated to the forum topic and spammy).

Last edited:

Top Bottom