Demo Days 2019 | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Demo Days 2019

Noice, it sounded like most people liked the Scout Bobber. I love the look and thought it sounded nice (plus pipes it would be perfect) but it destroyed my back. Maybe the higher pars would have put me in a better position or something, but I don't like the look.

I probably should have stuck around and tried the FTR, but it sounded like people weren't a big fan, and I didn't think it would be as good as any of the competitor models (Monster 1200, Superduke R, MT-10, etc.)
My back was sore after the demo ride. Have to constantly flex the trap muscles on the low bar Scout bobber. That mixed with my SS probably is the reason. Yep, the high bar definately helped, made it much more comfy. Does ruin the look, I agree.

FTR is one of the worst bikes I've ever ridden. Others agreed. The demo ride was a bit slow, speed wise .. so I barely got out of 3rd gear. But 10 minutes in, my legs started to go numb due to the vibrations, and the heat from the engine was unbearable .. never experienced anything like it, despite being stuck in downtown traffic for over an hour on the blade. Good bits about it are torquey engine, and the dash - touchscreen, music player, colored screen, usb port. Although all their bikes including the bobber had a usb port, which is very neat.

Duca Scrambler 1100 is the best so far in the naked category. It was simply perfect in every sense. Better than the monster 1200 IMO.

Last edited:
My back was sore after the demo ride. Have to constantly flex the trap muscles on the low bar Scout bobber. That mixed with my SS probably is the reason. Yep, the high bar definately helped, made it much more comfy. Does ruin the look, I agree.

FTR is one of the worst bikes I've ever ridden. Others agreed. The demo ride was a bit slow, speed wise .. so I barely got out of 3rd gear. But 10 minutes in, my legs started to go numb due to the vibrations, and the heat from the engine was unbearable .. never experienced anything like it, despite being stuck in downtown traffic for over an hour on the blade. Good bits about it are torquey engine, and the dash - touchscreen, music player, colored screen, usb port. Although all their bikes including the bobber had a usb port, which is very neat.

Duca Scrambler 1100 is the best so far in the naked category. It was simply perfect in every sense. Better than the monster 1200 IMO.

Cool stuff. My back just killed riding the Scout Bobber, every crack in the road I felt a pinch in my back (low and mid). I do heavy-ish deadlifts/squats with no pain, so this was odd. I suspect playing with the ergos would make it better, but I can only 'review' the bike I rode, and I've never had that problem on any cruiser or anything else before. Maybe I'd see about some rearsets or other controls if I was serious. I didn't like the speedo/tach either; something like the XSR900 I thought was much better.

Yeah, your review of the FTR made me skip it altogether. I read some reviews that weren't very positive beforehand as well.

I haven't had a chance to try the Monster or Scrambler 1100. I tried the normal scrambler a few years back and didn't love it (would have gone with an FZ of some sort over it).

Does anyone know of more details on the Honda, Come ride with us event? Happens on Sat & Sun 24 25th @ New Tecumseth - my browser doesn't open to view more details.

Is it just show up and you're good to go?

Does anyone know of more details on the Honda, Come ride with us event? Happens on Sat & Sun 24 25th @ New Tecumseth - my browser doesn't open to view more details.

Is it just show up and you're good to go?
Most events you have to (or should) call in to pre book the ride and your time slot.

*applies defib paddles*

Anyone know of any other demo events this year besides the BMW ones in September? I know some of the dealers have run events late in the year before.

Back
Top Bottom