Break pads for a 250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Break pads for a 250

guym

Hey guys - I need some new pads, so here's a quick question should I just stick with the OEM pads or go with EBC double H break pad. Or will it really matter? (aka get the cheaper of the two)

First of all, guym, it's BRAKE.
Now, you can either get the OEM EBC compound or switch to the sintered-metal HH compound.
The HH has a bit more bite, also will work better in the rain, but it's somewhat harder on the brake discs.
This is why sintered-metal pads are not original equipment...

I have no idea why I typed break lol
facepalm12.jpg

And thanks!

It happens, just like when people type "thread" when they mean "tread" for tires.

Makes the poster look like a bit of a ?????? and leaves people wondering if it's a reasonable question or is he a total newb. Anyway, I've always liked SBS pads, but there's nothing wrong with the stockers if you can get them at a good price.

It happens, just like when people type "thread" when they mean "tread" for tires.

Makes the poster look like a bit of a ?????? and leaves people wondering if it's a reasonable question or is he a total newb. Anyway, I've always liked SBS pads, but there's nothing wrong with the stockers if you can get them at a good price.

Ha I am a total newbie when it comes to anything mechanical ... I know how to do the small stuff on my bike (oil change, spark plugs, brake pads, ect and I'm learning more and more with my bros help!) But don't know much on the pro and cons on different aftermarket parts VS the oem parts.

Many bikes come from the factory with HH pads. All new 600 sport bikes come with them. Your bike originally came with organic pads. EBC makes the organic as well as the HH for your bike. Its up to you if you want to stay with the original friction rating or move up to the HH. As for disc wear unless your on the track I cant see HH pads making a big diff on the life of your rotor

Cheers Glen

I put the EBC HH pads on my wifes 250 and basically doubled the stopping power! I can halt it with one finger now. Well worth the upgrade. Her rotor is wearing faster but not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom