Bought in Quebec a motorcycle and register in ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bought in Quebec a motorcycle and register in ontario

D

david Lorenzo

Hey my GTA friends,

I have a big question for you ahahah,

I live in Ottawa and i have a Ontario motorcycle licence. I just bought a harley davidson sporster 1200 in Quebec city. The bike was great and clean.

What should i do for register this bike in Ontario province ? It's difficult or easy ?

Thanks for you help.

J_F

could be anywhere on the spectrum of easy to not possible
I'd start by getting a UVIP based on the VIN

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Where is the bike now? There have been past threads where people went through the steps (IIRC involving weirdness of registering in QC and paying tax and then unwinding that mess when you transfer registration to ON). As J_F said, it can be anywhere on the spectrum between straight forward and impossible depending on the history of the bike.

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
could be anywhere on the spectrum of easy to not possible
I'd start by getting a UVIP based on the VIN

The Quebec version of checking liens is the RDPRM (Registre des Droits Personnels et Réels Mobiliers):

However, it's in Tabernac and the website is purposely designed to be très difficile for dirty Anglophones, so you can get the same thing done via PPSA (Personal Property Securty Act):

Should be roughly the same cost as running a UVIP on an Ontario-registered vehicle.

Hopefully this check works out in your favour, since you've already bought the bike -- and any liens associated with it.

D

david Lorenzo

thanks for your quick answers.

The bike is in Quebec city now. the bike is in good condition, every light and flasher are okey, tires are news.

If you have solution tell me, thanks a lot

nakkers

Site Supporter
Op,

If you’ve made the purchase, bring the ownership and bill of sale to service Ontario to change the ownership into your name.

If you need it plated, you’ll need an Safety Certificate issued in Ontario.

You’ll pay taxes based on the amount on the bill of sale and pay for the used vehicle package.

Service Ontario should be able to walk you through things. You don’t need the bike but you do need the ownership to get things rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtrules

I bought my bike in Terrebonne, Quebec. I paid taxes in Quebec, and rode it back on a temporary plate. Once in Ontario, on the way back home, I stopped over at a service Ontario in Perth, registered & plated the bike (registered under my current Ontario address) and rode it back to Burlington.

Mine was new, bought from a dealer.

Perhaps this helps.

timtune

Site Supporter
Can't be too hard. When my buddy had to abandon his Ninja on the JBR he ended up buying a replacement in Quebec and rode it home. Couple hours at the dealer while me and my other friend went for lunch, then we were off. That was about 2010.

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Just did this. Bring the signed PQ title and a bill of sale to Service Ontario.
Pay Tax and some nominal fee.
Done.
Aren’t you filing to recover the taxes paid in Quebec?

Top Bottom