Antivax protesters - go away you filthy animals. | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Antivax protesters - go away you filthy animals.

800over

Not a good metaphor. It's more like 1 house in the subdivision is on fire so the firefighters kick every houses door down within 2kms and spray water in their living rooms.

At the end of the day it's mostly the elderly and obese people dieing of covid. Changing people's diets and govt mandated exercise would save more people from covid then the vaccines.
So **** old people and obese people I guess.....due to my laziness about getting a vaccine that I have no clue about it's efficacy and safety. But that is just me. Others can make up their own science. Lay it on me.....which of your fat or old family or friends are going to die that you are "at the end of the day" cool with.

800over

Would you classify a morbidly obese person who takes up a hospital spot, without any known genetic disorders, in the same bucket as an anti vaxxer?

I would.
Would you say sophomoric an appropriate description of this comparison? I would. It would be reasonable......except that if an obese person could take a FUCKING vaccine to end his/her obesity they would have a hit on their hands don't you think?

The irony of motorcycle riders suggesting that people who through their decision making have lifestyle that could increase their chance of needing health care and therefore possibly "taking a spot" from someone who makes wiser choices is wonderful.

800over

Some of those protestors are nurses trying to tell you what's really going on. If only you would have done your homework. Who would stick something in their arm where the product monograph is delivered to the pharmacy with the ingredients purposely not there...blank? This is not a vaccine, it's experimental gene therapy.

Listen to the nurses on the front line.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.
We all know nurses.......you think being a nurse qualifies you to speak about "experimental gene therapy"? I sell cars you think I know **** about designing an electric motor?

800over

From the US VAERS website ... VAERS - Data

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination.
Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system.
While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine
if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information
that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable
. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary,
which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically.
Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.
But Brian, Vaers is only a reliable source when I agree with it? What do I do now that you have shown me something that counters my narrative?

d4rktrooper788

No one is suggesting they are to be fired for their political views....blocking ambulances isn't a political view. Intimidating health care workers isn't a political view. Neither is anti vaccination. It isn't political...since when is anti science dumbassery "political views"

Doing illegal stuff where you are charged and convicted, sure. But simply being at a protest shouldn't get you fired. IMO your employer should not be monitoring your private life 24/7 unless it directly relates to your work related duties (for example drinking and driving). I'm pro-vax and I think these people are idiots, but I would extend that protection to them as well even though I disagree with them. Part of living in a free society includes tolerating idiots like anti-vaxxers. That doesn't give them the right to block ambulances or harass people, but it does extend them the right to protest and spew their stupid stuff in public, even if I disagree with it.

Being anti-science isn't a cut-and-dry issue, by the way. Remember in March 2020 when the "science" was telling people not to wear masks? Back then if you wore a mask, did that make you an anti-science idiot? Science is a process of thinking and proving hypotheses -- it's not a rule book.

Baggsy

Site Supporter

Baggsy

Site Supporter
The irony is amazing.....from you I mean.
Let me know where I'm being inconsistent. I change my views as the science changes, but I believe they're pretty consistent.

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Should there also be repercussions for inaction?
The guy that threw the beer was a representative of a media group. Inaction on their part would be condoning his behavior and ratings for the group would fall. So yes. The lost ratings are the repercussions.

jc100

Doing illegal stuff where you are charged and convicted, sure. But simply being at a protest shouldn't get you fired. IMO your employer should not be monitoring your private life 24/7 unless it directly relates to your work related duties (for example drinking and driving). I'm pro-vax and I think these people are idiots, but I would extend that protection to them as well even though I disagree with them. Part of living in a free society includes tolerating idiots like anti-vaxxers. That doesn't give them the right to block ambulances or harass people, but it does extend them the right to protest and spew their stupid stuff in public, even if I disagree with it.

Being anti-science isn't a cut-and-dry issue, by the way. Remember in March 2020 when the "science" was telling people not to wear masks? Back then if you wore a mask, did that make you an anti-science idiot? Science is a process of thinking and proving hypotheses -- it's not a rule book.

because science evolves….that’s how science works

Do you think Einstein came out of his mother’s womb and the first word he spoke was “relativity”? There was other work preceding that. Theories develop, eventually they are tested, they can then be proven or disproven and are no longer theories.

nobbie48

Site Supporter
He's an ***. There IS proof. And you can refute it. The fact that hospitals are filled with nonvaxxed people who are dying and he doesn't want to see it means he IS Stupid

Technically those are observations or statistics, not proof. I'm pro vax but the anti vaxxers want proof. You can do an experiment a million times and have the same result but all you need is one different result and there is no iron clad proof.

A buddy is anti vax because his aunt died from a polio shot a half century ago. He rides a motorcycle. Risk factor is a personal decision.

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I work in a hospital and it is getting bad 😡

The vaccine is going to help you avoid some of the worst symptons like brain damage.
I was talking to a doctor friend who is heavily involved in Covid. He says it will get far worse and the public can't handle another lockdown. Stock up on masks, sanitizer (They're almost giving it away now) and toilet paper.

timtune

Technically those are observations or statistics, not proof. I'm pro vax but the anti vaxxers want proof. You can do an experiment a million times and have the same result but all you need is one different result and there is no iron clad proof.

A buddy is anti vax because his aunt died from a polio shot a half century ago. He rides a motorcycle. Risk factor is a personal decision.
It's all the proof I need

油井緋色

Site Supporter
It's all the proof I need

Part of trying to be better involves putting yourself in the shoes of someone with views you don't agree with. Otherwise, lack of understanding generally leads to disgust towards those with different views.

Honestly, I am still disgusted by anti vaxxers and anti maskers, just as much as I feel disgusted by fat people. However, if I stop here, instead of trying to understand, it just makes the hate go in circles.

800over

Let me know where I'm being inconsistent. I change my views as the science changes, but I believe they're pretty consistent.
Trudeau said as an insult to go picket a hospital.....and you take it literally. I find that funny as the source you are using has misrepresented it.

timtune

I'm with Biden. There's been enough pandering, now it's time to get back to reality. Vaccines mandates all around. You want to be an antivax luddite? Fine enjoy staying locked in your room.

油井緋色

Site Supporter
I'm with Biden. There's been enough pandering, now it's time to get back to reality. Vaccines mandates all around. You want to be an antivax luddite? Fine enjoy staying locked in your room.

I am as well tbh.

However... COVID-19 vaccine safety: Weekly report on side effects following immunization - Canada.ca

0.007% had adverse reactions. From my point of view, **** them, who cares. For the greater good. Now if I or a loved one were part of that 0.007%, my view would falter for sure.

george__

I was talking to a doctor friend who is heavily involved in Covid. He says it will get far worse and the public can't handle another lockdown. Stock up on masks, sanitizer (They're almost giving it away now) and toilet paper.

This is what I am hearing too :(

油井緋色

Site Supporter
This is what I am hearing too :(

I heard this 2 months ago from a close friend who works in public health for COVID, and a doc buddy.

Think I posted it here too.

Oh look...are we on the 4th wave again? lol

------

On a far darker note: would it have been better if we just dealt with this epidemic the same way we dealt w/ the previous ones via a river of corpses? Let natural selection do it's ****. Would we have been out of this by now? We'll be approaching 2 years soon.

Top Bottom