‘I identify as black’ | GTAMotorcycle.com

‘I identify as black’

suzuki2000

Just started hearing about this story this morning myself.
I think it brings up an interesting debate. This lady says she identifies to a certain race/culture and there is some criticism. If Bruce Jenner and other transgender people can elect to identify with another gender, is identifying with another race inappropriate or is this just because she has provided some lies/mis-truths along the way?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/16/rachel-dolezal-i-identify-as-black/

Last edited:
I can't believe this is an international news story.

Just like identifying as being Canadian or belonging to this or that group.... blurred lines.

This is discrimination.

You just don't come across high-end foolishness like this everyday.

WTF? Must be a slow day in the news world... OR! Maybe someone is trying to stir the racism pot again

"I don't understand the question" she responded when she was asked if she was African American .... lol

This journalism is just documenting the first steps in progression to breaking down cis barriers. Someday everyone will be able to identify as whatever they want to without having people denigrate their identity. For example, I may one day identify as a police officer and be able to flash my badge to get out of jail free when pulled over by Ontario's finest!

special-police-badge-big.jpg

If I identify as a Rich Emperor will my people give me Wealth, Power, Land and Status?

I have been identified as lazy,hard headed,trouble and more lol,the world has become a strange place.

skynews.img.1200.745.jpeg

A can of insta-tan and curly hair shampoo, Bam!

You just don't come across high-end foolishness like this everyday.

I can't figure out if the bar is set really high or really low on this one.

Back
Top Bottom