R1Timmy Crash-My Account

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: R1Timmy Crash-My Account

R1Timmy Crash-My Account

this was received from Ben at Deals gap through email on Sunday Oct 11

"Instead of waiting anymore, heres my post..... please post it up for me.

Freakin' mods...

Hello Toronto, Ben here from Deals Gap, also a former Torontonian of 30+
    years. Currently Im the general manager of the Deals Gap Resort in lovely
    downtown Tapoco, NC. Been here 6 years now, and love life(less American
    food) but I find myself missing Toronto every so often. I hope you folks are
    taking care of my hometown for me.

Ive received a couple of email regarding Tim's visit to the Gap, and I was
    asked to chime in on this, so here I am.

Let me start off by saying I know Tim, but hes not on the Chanukah mailing
    list, so to speak. He is a friend of a friend and Ive not really had much
    interaction with him other than his last trip down here. I will go through
    all the interactions that weve had with him, and then you can decide if the
    guys a ****** or not. My mind is made up though....

It started with a frenzied phone call from Tim telling me he was coming down
    for a week. He was in need of a letter from us to show customs(I was told)
    that he was staying here. Why he needed this, Im not sure but I fired a
    quick email off to him saying that he in fact had reservations with us - he
    was camping and there was no real reservation at all - for the dates he had
    indicated. I did this because I typically try to help fellow Canadians out
    getting/leaving here, as well as do what I can while they are here. To me(a
    former traveler), Canadians are some of the best travelers out there, and
    welcome in any country because of their nature, conscientiousness and
    positive interaction skills.

Tim showed up a day or two later with a very cute woman as a travel partner.
    Sorry I forgot your name "pretty lady", but rest assured we wont forget your
    face the next time you come down, especially for the hardships you had to
    endure.

Anyhow, Tim showed up with what he said was a brand new CBR1K, yellow and
    black. It seems there was a trailer incident and the bike took some damage
    while in transport. The left side fairing looked like it had been rubbing on
    the inner wall of the trailer for a while, and some of the mount holes were
    broken. Tim rolled the bike over to our pin striper guy Dennis, and asked
    him if he could help Tim get the bike back in order. My comment was, F--k
    it, and ride. Leave the fixing til you get back home, but Tim was not
    interested in hearing that. Tim went to our counter and borrowed our loaner
    tool box, and took it out to the parking lot. He was asked to leave his DL
    at the counter - something we always do when loaning the tool box out - and
    did so, only after trying to drop my name at the counter, to no avail. After
    a little while with Dennis(Tim promising to pay him some cash for fixing it)
    the bike was back together, but the tools were left spread out in front of
    Dennis's work space in the parking lot while he jumped on and rode off.
    Rude. He then later went and asked my staff for his DL back, and while they
    gave it back to him, they did say that they had to collect the tools from
    Dennis, and that it was rude to have done that. If Im not mistaken, this was
    on a Monday.

He had already rubbed me the wrong way a couple of times because he kept
    dropping my name, saying we were tight from back in the 'hood, which is
    furthest from the truth. He also kept going on about how he owned a few
    restaurants/bars in town and how he was the money man, which was just
    bragging, but I could see through the bullpoopy. See it all the time down
    here.

Anyhow, I left out that evening for a couple of days off, and got a few
    calls from my staff regarding Mr. Tim. Turns out, while I was off, he wanted
    to do an oil change while in the campground, and I think he changed the
    battery our on "pretty lady's" bike as well. I guess he didn't know much
    about his 1K and asked someone else with the same bike if they had their
    owners manual. Lending him the manual, I was told it was kind of thrown back
    at the guy and not even thanks were given. As I understand it, he said
    "well, that's ****en useless" and kind of pitched it in this guys general
    direction. He then proceeded to drain his oil into some holding device,
    removed the filter and threw it in our creek that runs along the side of the
    property. We were informed by the other campers of how he was acting, and
    just about everyone in the campground wanted him gone. This creek is
    actually still drinkable, just an FYI. Then on Wednesday, the daunting ride
    came that ended this pathetic vacation.

Turns out Tim isn't as good a rider as he says or thinks he is(we see this a
    lot). Leaving out of the store, he went down 28 towards Fontana and had a
    wreck in a place - as I understand it - that there was absolutely no need to
    wreck in unless you are acting the fool. Im not sure how it happened, but I
    do know Bjturner and her hubby came up on the scene and helped out
    substantially. I would like to say now that I have all the respect in the
    world for her and her hubby, and all of you reading this should to. Great
    people to have around and rely on. All of you that are trying to give her a
    bad rap need to check your ****. Shes one of the best liaisons Canada has.

Tim got loaded up in an ambulance and taken to Ashville with many thinking
    that he had broken his back, but after further investigation he had actually
    just bruised it. I knew the paramedics that came and got him, and I was
    filled in from them. NO broken back. Talked to the folks at the hospital
    too, NO broken back.

Something else interesting was the fact that there was no VIN on the bike.
    None at all. From what I understand it wasn't worth the polices time to
    pursue this issue, but just about everyone on scene found that strange,
    especially the cop.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, MG (my guy that covers for me while I am off)
    was sitting on the porch waiting for Tim to come back from his run, so he
    could evict him for being a ****** to the other campers and for disposing of
    motorcycle waste improperly. He never did see Tim again because of the
    incident on 28 but told me what had happened and that even though the guy
    kept dropping my name, he was going to get the boot. MG knew better because
    none of my friends would do such a thing.

I had come back in to work on Thursday to find "Pretty lady" sitting with a
    sad face on the porch. She was flustered because part of the vehicle combo
    that they had traveled down in was half hers and half his, but I cant
    remember which half. I think it may have been her trailer/his truck.... but
    either way, she didn't know what to do, or how to deal with this situation.
    We sat and talked and she had told me that she had caught up with some of
    her friends in Franklin, NC and was staying with them. She apologized time
    and again for his actions and I kept telling her to stop that. She had no
    control over who he was and what he did.

Im not sure what happened after that. I did tell "pretty lady" that I could
    help her get back without having to worry about Tim. She didn't do that, and
    Im not sure how she did make it back, but it sounds like she did. It also
    sounds like Tim has a way with people, as Ive been reading the thread on him
    started by Beulah. Bottom line, from me, Tim is not welcome here ever again.
    Tim, if you are reading all this, you should grow the F--k up and not be
    such a ******... you give all us Canadians a bad name. ps, you are no longer
    welcome here.

I will continue to roll out the red carpet for fellow Canadians, but I will
    tell you all now that douchebaggery will not be tolerated by me or any of my
    people here at Deals Gap, from anyone, let alone Canadians. We have higher
    expectations of you..... and that's meant in a good way.

That's all I have and all I know. Hope that will clear the air a bit
    regarding this situation. IMO, Tims a ******.... and you all need to go get
    a hobby that will take you away from internet fighting, because we all know
    where that road leads. Now go out and enjoy the day.

My best, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Ben Steinberg
    www.dealsgap.com"

we arrived at the deals gap inn late tuesday and set up our camping stuff in the dark and met some people and hang out a little bit and go to bed.

Wednesday am:
    my husband talked to some guy who had plates on his bike from Ontario. He had a cbr 1000 and the girl he was with was driving a cbr 600.
    John (husband) notes that he's arrogant and hopes this other Canadian hasn't ****** off the nice people we already met. We said a few hellos to the girl he was with.

Still wednesday am:
    We go to Wheelers (not sure if you've been to the gap, he's the bike repair place) to get a new tire put on my bike. While we're there, in pull the 2 cbrs. The 1000 has 2 broken front mirrors as if they were snapped when someone tried to shove the bike into a van or something.
    The honda cbr doesn't have the kind of mirrors that collapse.
    The Ontario guy is trying to figure out how to fix the wiring of the signals that go into these mirrors.

later wednesday around 6:00 pm:
    We were heading to Fontana village and we came across an accident right across from the docks where the canoes get put in to Fontana lake.
    We stopped to see if we could help because there's no ambulance and we've been to a few of these.
    My husband realized it's Tim when he looks at the bike. I was already heading over to Tim when my husband let me know.
    He has taken off his helmet already and was lying on his right side. I checked that he was coherent, asked who took his helmet off and the other riders said he did. No Marcie anywhere. We asked about Marcie and they said she went to get the truck to pick up his bike. That's odd we think but everybody's different.

I checked he had some sensation in his left arm that he said hurt. He was moving his legs a bit which again I thought was a good sign.
    He was lying in a little bit of brush on his right side so I tried to push that back and I took off the bugs that were crawling on him.

I asked the other riders how long ago was the accident or if anybody had seen anything.
    The other riders said not too long ago and the guys on the pier heard the crash. Tim said that 2 cruisers were in his lane coming around the corner toward him so he had to ditch and high side.

He continually kept moving his right arm to come up to his mouth and I had to keep holding it back down and I told him to stay still.
    He said his back was hurting.

I used the water from my water bottle to continue to put small drops of water on his face and neck to try to cool him down and we used some paper or book or something that somebody had to fan him.
    He kept tellling me that they were not cutting off his leathers.
    I started asking him questions to keep him occupied and take his mind off the heat and how uncomfortable he must have been. These are some of the answers.
    from toronto.
    R1Tim from the forum. I tell him I'm on there too.
    He's done track days at cayuga and shannonville.
    He likes cayuga better.
    He's taken arc and fast.
    I got to know him a little because it seemed forever for the ambulance to get there.
    At one point someone went to have a cigarette and he said he wanted them to give him one before the ambulance came and I said no way.
    He didn't like that but when he complained I told him too bad.

Marcie came back and wanted the bike loaded up and I got some guys and my husband to help her load the bike onto the bed of the truck.
    Marcie never went over to see Tim.
    The ambulance finally came and started taking over. So I turned my attention to Marcie to see what she needed. She gave me Tim's wallet and said please help me find what the policeman needs because the police had arrived and they were looking for info about Tim and the bike.

So, no ownership of the cbr anywhere in the wallet. I found a driver's license and put it back in the wallet when Marcie told me Tim's name and it wasn't the one on the license. I found the driver's license with Tim's name on it and give it to the police officer.

I gathered up his clothes they cut off and the policeman asked me to look again for the ownership. I did and so did my husband. None.
    My husband and I and the policeman go over to the bike in the back of the truck. No VIN anywhere. They look where it's supposed to be and everywhere else on the bike they can think of.

My husband finds a copy of some insurance paper that says a vin for a cbr. Not an insurance information card, just a photocopy of something with a vin for a cbr on it. The policeman takes the info from that.

The ambulance attendant said no helicopter when I questioned him about how and where Tim is going. He said it was too foggy and the ambulance can't get in to land.
    Now we've had enough drama and we went back to Deals Gap Inn.
    Marcie showed up with the truck and started packing up. The other campers asked us what happened and we let them know too.
    It turns out that the day before, Tim had changed his oil in the camping area, dumped the oil on the ground and thrown the oil filter in the stream behind the vehicles. Brad from Deals gap was gonna throw the 2 of them out when they came back anyway.

you can email Brad for a quote on the issue if you like.
    www.dealsgap.com is the website of the inn.

Marcie asked me for help packing up and said thanks a lot for helping numerous times.
    I got John and the other campers and they got their camper closed up and their gear packed in the truck and her bike loaded because she said she couldn't do it herself. She said she was going to the hospital that night but was going to wait for some friends to meet her somewhere.

The truck with everything left and then we realized that they left a bike battery there to be disposed of too.
    The other campers had lots to say about him. Apparently he rubbed all of them the wrong way. He was really arrogant and rude to most of them. He offended the Deals Gap Inn staff numerous times and the management was really unhappy with him about multiple things too. He had borrowed tools to do maintenance and was beligerant to the staff while doing it.

We saw Marcie at the Deals Gap Inn store on Saturday morning at 10am. I know exactly when it was because we were meeting at 9:30 for the women's sportbike rally to have the pics done and it was running late because some of the girls weren't there yet.
    She said they released him that same night. No xrays or MRI and said he had bruising. I was a little surprised at this because he screamed in pain when they put him on the stretcher and then loaded him into the ambulance. He just wailed.

Marcie had riden her bike to the store on Saturday morninng. She said they were at a hotel and Tim was resting and they decided to stay out their vacation. Her exact words. And now that I'm thinking about this, it's interesting how she got her bike on and off the truck because that was what she specifically needed help with at the Deals Gap Inn.
    It also took 4 motorcycle guys a couple of hours to figure out how to tie the bikes down in the truck. I wonder how she did that herself? I did see her talking to someone else at the store right before I asked her how Tim was and that rider had an ontario plate on his bike but he disappeared when I started talking to Marcie. It was a little strange.

Marcie was buying tshirts at the store and said they were going back home the next day.
    I know that Marcie checked Tim's wallet at the crash site and asked if he had a credit card "cause she was going drinking on him" that night.

See what I mean when I say some things just don't add up?
    Last edited by bjturner; 10-11-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added email from Ben at deals gap inn

Re: R1Timmy Crash-My Account

ibtl
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

I took screen shots of this post just so there is a record of it

posted by Paul on another thread regarding this topic this evening:

Oh hang on there Pot.....you mean..like if you don't like the way GTAM is run...cancel your subscription and stop reading it? Numerous times you've mentioned how unhappy you are here. You've been told numerous times..if you don't like the rules...leave.

And here you are spewing that crap? Hypocrisy at it's BEST!

You're pathetic!

Now..all this about Tim all comes from the same people....let's clear all this up right now!

Here are the answers you want. There was no scam. There was an accident. There was a fundraiser for the accident victim. All money raised went to that accident victim. It really doesn't matter what answers you get, you're always going to think it's a scam because of some injuries that were listed publicly from a third party and not to exact medical terms? WTF? I'm pretty sure "smashed" isn't a medical term! Whatever else Tim did while he was on vacation has nothing to do with the fundraiser...so saying he did those things is simply trashing another member. THAT will get you banned. IT's in the rules..Read them!

It's obvious...it's the same people...all from Agave's private clubhouse...where anything goes (well...obviously not anything...as I got banned). It's all the same half dozen people wanting to make a scam out of it. It's childish. Grow up. Get a life!

As for deleted threads....read the rules...the posts in Fallen Riders is for well wishes ONLY. All others WILL be deleted! But the Agave clubhouse crew obviously had problems with those rules and decided to start their crusade in there. Not only that..there were threads in Romper Room...Trash Talk...General Discussion...all about the same thing. So of course there needed to be some cleaning up.

We merged all relevant threads and deleted the trolls...who incendtley also came from Agave's private clubhouse (Resurrection for one)!

DaveP and others even have PDF's of the merged thread (How much of a loser do you have to be to save threads? ) that was deleted by the original poster. Contact DaveP for a copy...he'll gladly get you up to speed I'm sure.

Unless ANYONE can show me PROOF otherwise...this issue is a dead horse. I've yet to see anything from anyone that isn't heresay. Everything posted about this issue is from a third party or more.
    THAT is why it's done.

Show me what you got...or STFU!!
    Last edited by bjturner; 10-09-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: clarification of post origin

Quote Originally Posted by bjturner View Post
    Oh hang on there Pot.....you mean..like if you don't like the way GTAM is run...cancel your subscription and stop reading it? Numerous times you've mentioned how unhappy you are here. You've been told numerous times..if you don't like the rules...leave.

And here you are spewing that crap? Hypocrisy at it's BEST!

You're pathetic!

Now..all this about Tim all comes from the same people....let's clear all this up right now!

Here are the answers you want. There was no scam. There was an accident. There was a fundraiser for the accident victim. All money raised went to that accident victim. It really doesn't matter what answers you get, you're always going to think it's a scam because of some injuries that were listed publicly from a third party and not to exact medical terms? WTF? I'm pretty sure "smashed" isn't a medical term! Whatever else Tim did while he was on vacation has nothing to do with the fundraiser...so saying he did those things is simply trashing another member. THAT will get you banned. IT's in the rules..Read them!

It's obvious...it's the same people...all from Agave's private clubhouse...where anything goes (well...obviously not anything...as I got banned). It's all the same half dozen people wanting to make a scam out of it. It's childish. Grow up. Get a life!

As for deleted threads....read the rules...the posts in Fallen Riders is for well wishes ONLY. All others WILL be deleted! But the Agave clubhouse crew obviously had problems with those rules and decided to start their crusade in there. Not only that..there were threads in Romper Room...Trash Talk...General Discussion...all about the same thing. So of course there needed to be some cleaning up.

We merged all relevant threads and deleted the trolls...who incendtley also came from Agave's private clubhouse (Resurrection for one)!

DaveP and others even have PDF's of the merged thread (How much of a loser do you have to be to save threads? ) that was deleted by the original poster. Contact DaveP for a copy...he'll gladly get you up to speed I'm sure.

Unless ANYONE can show me PROOF otherwise...this issue is a dead horse. I've yet to see anything from anyone that isn't heresay. Everything posted about this issue is from a third party or more.
    THAT is why it's done.

Show me what you got...or STFU!!
    exactly who was this directed too?

i'm so confused..
    do you have a split personality?

this is an email that I received from another camper at Deals Gap Inn:

Hey Canada,

I registered on the site but, I can't post for some reason. Anyway, feel free to copy and paste this or whatever you want to do with it.

The male Canadian left a huge oil spot on the camp grounds where he changed his bike's oil. And he tossed the oil filter into the little stream that runs by the campground. There was a battery laying around their area as well. I think his girlfriend changed her battery.
    His bike was debadged and according to other campers that loaded it, it didnt have a vin either. We thought he was pretty jacked up after he crashed. But his female companion said he only bruised his back.

Thanks again for letting me borrow that reservoir cap. Ya take care.

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    exactly who was this directed too?

i'm so confused..
    do you have a split personality?
    that was posted by Paul this evening about this topic on another thread

uh oh
    RR

Thanks bj

....now where is Tim for the rebuttal?

What are his injuries exactly as described in the fundraiser event?

And can someone (who knows what they're talking about) explain what the extent of those injuries are that limit a person.

I agree that there are some inconsistencies with this whole thing. I wasn't at the fundraiser, so I don't deserve any answers, but the ones who were there do! If there is enough proof of fraud I would suggest filing a police complaint! These things should not be allowed!

Side comment: Bjturner and her husband, you guys were awesome in the way you stopped to help another motorcyclist even though he rubbed one of you the wrong way. You guys clearly display the true canadian motorcylist sprit

Since when did tim ride a CBR? I know he rides a R1.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    actualy i think its a zx10,,

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    actualy i think its a zx10,,
    and the plot thickens ...

ibtl

monkeys

Banned

burn them... burn them all..!!!

Juan.

Thanks for finally posting about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by vrus View Post
    Thanks for finally posting about what happened.
    It's been posted a few times. Oddly the threads keep disappearing. Maybe the server is faulty?