Who's camped on the James Bay Road? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's camped on the James Bay Road?

Over the years I've had some pretty miserable experiences hiking and camping in the back country with swarms of aggressive black flies and mosquitoes.

Coordinating a trip with a couple of people involves multiple schedules and lots of potential conflicts, but have you considered going in mid to late August or even after Labor Day. I think weather would be about the same, but the number of bugs likely hugely diminished compared to early June.
I went up in mid July. The bugs were insanity.
But if I remember it might have also been one with higher then normal swarm levels or whatever happens once every few years.
I just walked around with my helmet on all the time it was so bad.

Been up twice. Wasn't bad enough to stop a second trip.

Private Pilot ......it stuck in my head as I got to my motel right at dusk and I had to chase the manager to get in plus fair number in the room. Nothing that I would not expect that time of day but stuck in my head cuz of the delay .....weird ride could not even get a place to sit down to eat.....used the bike for a table

and finding Tim Tams in the middle of remote Ontario :unsure:

I went up in mid July. The bugs were insanity.
But if I remember it might have also been one with higher then normal swarm levels or whatever happens once every few years.
I just walked around with my helmet on all the time it was so bad.

These things can be sanity savers sometimes and you can often get them at Dollarama.

1706660100123.png

.weird ride could not even get a place to sit down to eat.....used the bike for a table

Yeah, we found one little supply store / motel / restaurant-ish place at one point along the Trans Canada that actually let us come in, fired up the grills again and made us a great meal, and let us eat in (IIRC) despite Covid (seemed like a bit of an old boys club, bunch of friends sitting around etc) and that was awesome, but a good portion of the rest of that trip was what fast food we could scrounge up - I remember eating a lot of Timmies. In Pickle Lake it was whatever the hotel was serving that night, and the same for breakfast. It was a weird year, that's for sure.

These things can be sanity savers sometimes and you can often get them at Dollarama.

View attachment 65847

Yeah, we found one little supply store / motel / restaurant-ish place at one point along the Trans Canada that actually let us come in, fired up the grills again and made us a great meal, and let us eat in (IIRC) despite Covid (seemed like a bit of an old boys club, bunch of friends sitting around etc) and that was awesome, but a good portion of the rest of that trip was what fast food we could scrounge up - I remember eating a lot of Timmies. In Pickle Lake it was whatever the hotel was serving that night, and the same for breakfast. It was a weird year, that's for sure.
Yup. And beer passes right thru that fabric.

Back
Top Bottom