Trailer in a bag | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trailer in a bag

mdeg

I purchased a motorcycle trailer in a bag last year and love it given I don’t have the space to accommodate anything else in my current living situation. It fits perfectly into the trunk of a small SUV and my condo storage locker.

Fortunately / unfortunately my girlfriend also has a bike now so we are in the need of a trailer which can support two bikes. A bit of a long shot, but has anyone in Ontario seen a two bike version of this trailer? I have heard mention of it but have never seen the kit to make it work for two bikes or a two bike version available.

For reference:
Product Review: Trailer in a Bag

I’m only aware of Stinger that makes a similar 2 bike option…not cheap.

I’m only aware of Stinger that makes a similar 2 bike option…not cheap.

I’ve seen those but agree. A bit pricey and probably wouldn’t fit in my condo locker either. I was able to pick up a used trailer in a bag for C$800 last year.

I can’t even find a photo online of a 2 bike version. The article I linked said it exists: “By default these trailers come setup for one bike.. but they can be ordered, or modified after, to accommodate two.” I guess my best option may be to find someone to custom modify it to fit two.

Boy, that's a real minimalist trailer.

I don't know how often you use this trailer, or plan to in the future , but have you considered just renting a U-Haul when you need it. No storage issues, plus a way more substantial unit.

The original one-man company used to make a second bike extension, but went out of business when the owner passed away and didn't have a successor. It's not even clear if Stinger bought any rights from his estate, or if they just copied the design, but you could ask them. It's basically duplicate pieces used for the single trailer plus a link between them, from what I remember.

I purchased a motorcycle trailer in a bag last year and love it given I don’t have the space to accommodate anything else in my current living situation. It fits perfectly into the trunk of a small SUV and my condo storage locker.

Fortunately / unfortunately my girlfriend also has a bike now so we are in the need of a trailer which can support two bikes. A bit of a long shot, but has anyone in Ontario seen a two bike version of this trailer? I have heard mention of it but have never seen the kit to make it work for two bikes or a two bike version available.

For reference:
Product Review: Trailer in a Bag

I had one.

It can be put together in a one or two bike configuration:

DSC_0217-X2.jpg

DSCN9078-X2.jpg

When broken down, everything stuffs into two large duffle bags which can be stored inside the trunk of an SUV, so you don't have to find extra space to park a trailer when moto-traveling.

Living in a condo at the time, I found the small storage footprint very useful.

Plus you suddenly find out you have a dozen best friends once word gets out you have a trailer...

I had one.

DSC_0217-X2.jpg

DSCN9078-X2.jpg

When broken down, everything stuffs into two large duffle bags which can be stored inside the trunk of an SUV, so you don't have to find extra space to park a trailer when moto-traveling.

Plus you suddenly find out you have a dozen best friends once word gets out you have a trailer...
and an X5!

Boy, that's a real minimalist trailer.

I don't know how often you use this trailer, or plan to in the future , but have you considered just renting a U-Haul when you need it. No storage issues, plus a way more substantial unit.
I find myself pretty far away from U-Haul locations when travelling north and not wanting to travel back to the original pickup spot to drop it off. I think it’s typically a bit more expensive to drop off at a different U-Haul location right?

My current trailer in a bag works great for my use, more so than U-Haul. Just wish it could fit two bikes!

I had one.

DSC_0217-X2.jpg

DSCN9078-X2.jpg

That looks great! Thanks for sending a photo of it. Incredibly hard to find a picture of the two bike version online.

Looks like if I find another trailer in a bag I’d just need to figure out the connector piece to the hitch. Probably a more likely outcome than finding a two bike version at this point.

Or just tow the second trailer-in-a-bag behind the first. EDIT: Oops, didn't realize this was illegal for non-commercial vehicles.

From what I can tell, the steel tubes are standard sized, so if you have the ability to make a new tongue, everything else is much simpler.

Or just tow the second trailer-in-a-bag behind the first. EDIT: Oops, didn't realize this was illegal for non-commercial vehicles

It's not necessarily about the commercial vs no commercial vehicle itself, it's the licence class of the person operating it. You need a full class A licence to haul multiple trailers, but theoretically you could do it with a passenger vehicle (or heck, a motorcycle I guess) if you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom