Time for Plan B | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time for Plan B

kiley

So with the dollar taking a giant shite and now the border closing I'm looking at potential "Plan B" for trips.
The original plan was to go to Maggie Valley in May and we may be able to keep that plan but what if?
I've never really seen much for ride reports and wondered if many have traveled this area of Gaspe?

We still have a group trip planned to PA for the long weekend.....but hard to say what's going to happen there now, all things considered.

James Bay Road is still on the books for me this year, probably more so now that the border is an issue. If you're looking for a serious adventure, that's an option.

I've done most of that route @kiley - in both directions
as you probably know, the 401 & 20 portion of that is awful
all the way to Rivere du Loop is bad traffic and the Quebec side is forever torn up

I think you'd find a much nicer trip to head into QC at Ottawa
or Hawksbury, and take a northern route until well past Montreal

We still have a group trip planned to PA for the long weekend.....but hard to say what's going to happen there now, all things considered.

James Bay Road is still on the books for me this year, probably more so now that the border is an issue. If you're looking for a serious adventure, that's an option.
The JBR evaded me twice last year. After starting out late May, a snowstorm closed the road. Then on my second try in Sep I got as far Matagami before aborting under a siege of epic rains caused by Hurricane Dorian.

Still have this on the bucket list.

Kiley - Gaspe is very nice but mind the cops.

A nice trip we took is going north to North Bay then up to Rouyn Noranda and across the Northern Trans Canada to Mount Tremblant and stay north to Parc Mauricie ( fantastic road ) and the Saguenay
Loop the Lake to Alma then down the north side of the Saguenay

The ferry across further north and continue the South Shore route
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at Mar, 18    2020    9.17.54 PM.jpg

JBR is worthwhile ....we went in June ...I understand the epic frost heaves are getting fixed.....the epic bugs not likely
P1000771 copy.jpg - could could have made a meal.. Under consideration for this year as I want to tour the power plant. Can be done in 5 days - staying on the Quebec roads after North Bay heading up to Rouyn Noranda is prettier/quieter

Cute girls at the AL Van Houte in Rouyn and excellent coffee and eats.
1584577875489.png

I was planning to head to Tennessee in June, but now I don't know what I'll do.

thinking more about this
yep....it's gonna be plan B for me as well

was looking forward to a 3-4 week southern trip this year
ain't gonna happen looks like

.68 dollar......nasty, regardless of border issues

and for sure
QC is full of belle fille

I was planning to head to Tennessee in June, but now I don't know what I'll do.

I have must attend party in Georgia in August . I was going to take a week to get there . After the party I was going to meet friends in Sturgis . But that is highly unlikely . Probably a straight in to Georgia and out .

I have must attend party in Georgia in August . I was going to take a week to get there . After the party I was going to meet friends in Sturgis . But that is highly unlikely . Probably a straight in to Georgia and out .
Probably not going to be allowed into the USA. Might as well plan on no USA for the next year.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

So with the dollar taking a giant shite and now the border closing I'm looking at potential "Plan B" for trips.
The original plan was to go to Maggie Valley in May and we may be able to keep that plan but what if?
I've never really seen much for ride reports and wondered if many have traveled this area of Gaspe?

I've done that route, from Riviere-du-loup on it's very scenic, twisty roads and big hills on the river side, little impoverished villages dotted all along the route where at one time boat was the primary transport. Nice trip but far from awe inspiring.

... the little bypass of Montreal city isn't going to help much :/ too many stoplight intersections on that route, stick to the main highway and blast through town in low traffic times, if there is such a thing as heavy traffic moving forward

If you want no service campgrounds along that route, look for municipal campsites that are located near the ferry crossings. Super cheap places to stay for a night.

I was thinking of taking a run along the 132hwy, It's was said to be scenic. hopefully all this virus crap is done before the riding season kicks in

PP when you do the JBR consider upping adventure quotient by taking in the Trans Taiga as well. Or use the Rte de Nord through Nemiscau to get to the JBR. Both offer a big dose of gravel travel.

Back
Top Bottom