Sparkplug Helicoils | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sparkplug Helicoils

timtune

Site Supporter
Need to fix a bad plug hole on a 72 CB750 head. 12x1.25. The inserts are cheap and you can fake the install tool by grinding a bolt. The special sized tap not so much. Before I drop $100 to get a tap I'll use maybe just this once anybody got one they'd out loan out that's vaguely close to Stratford??

Insert taps are a standard... STI or Screw Thread Insert tap.
KBC lists a 12 x 1.25 for $39

i probably have have one, should I look?

Insert taps are a standard... STI or Screw Thread Insert tap.
KBC lists a 12 x 1.25 for $39

I might have one, gimme an hour to dig out my heli kit.

I doubt you're close. I forgot the STI thing. I look into jobbers around here that might carry taps.

I might have one, gimme an hour to dig out my heli kit.
Save your time - I'll assume you're not close either. I figured it was a long shot but @bitzz reminding me of the sti designation was worth the effort.

Is this what you’re after? I can mail it to you

IMG_0661.jpeg

Oh sorry. Your looking for a 125.

Hmmm. I have it marked down as 12 x 1.25 so now I have to check - it's a standard CB750 plug.

Appreciate the offer Mike but mailing a tap both ways is likely about the cost of a new tap. CP is so expensive there's a rumour that the Squeeze (who's an avid knitter) mails socks separately as "letters" rather than swallow the parcel price.

Appreciate the offer Mike but mailing a tap both ways is likely about the cost of a new tap. CP is so expensive there's a rumour that the Squeeze (who's an avid knitter) mails socks separately as "letters" rather than swallow the parcel price.
12x125 is right. These could be mailed as a letter but that’s moot if it’s the wrong size!

Stopped by Windsor Factory Supply today. The tap and 5 inserts was about $35. And since they wern't in stock they'll be shipped right to my house for that price.

Back
Top Bottom