Smokies run July 30-Aug 5th.Anyone interested? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Smokies run July 30-Aug 5th.Anyone interested?

Fred D.

Several Toronto, GTA riders are planning a ride to the Smokies. We will be staying at the fabulous Ironhorse Motorcycle Resort in the heart of the Smokies. Rental is for 6 nights arriving Sunday July 30th ,departing Sat Aug Aug 5th. I have reserved a cabin that accommodates 6, Lonestar 1 Cabin , and we are looking for 2-3 riders to share our accommodations.
Our group is 55 plus, all riding touring bikes. some are riding down others are trailering. If you are a mature and experienced rider interested to join us please send me a PM and I will fill in the details.

Several Toronto, GTA riders are planning a ride to the Smokies. We will be staying at the fabulous Ironhorse Motorcycle Resort in the heart of the Smokies. Rental is for 6 nights arriving Sunday July 30th ,departing Sat Aug Aug 5th. I have reserved a cabin that accommodates 6, Lonestar 1 Cabin , and we are looking for 2-3 riders to share our accommodations.
Our group is 55 plus, all riding touring bikes. some are riding down others are trailering. If you are a mature and experienced rider interested to join us please send me a PM and I will fill in the details.
Can I get more info?
travel time too Iron Horse
route there Interstate 81? Coming from Kingston
cost of accommodations
I am a 71 years young ex motorcycle driving instructor but "mature" may be stretching it.
2018 Moto Guzzi V7iii Milano

Ah damn would love to do that but my medical cover only allows 199cc ride. Bit of a stretch. Almost went to the Smokies during the eclipse ..even had a great place booked but when I saw the traffic issues I bailed.....sniff :cry:
Never got another chance. Have fun

Ah damn would love to do that but my medical cover only allows 199cc ride. Bit of a stretch. Almost went to the Smokies during the eclipse ..even had a great place booked but when I saw the traffic issues I bailed.....sniff :cry:
Never got another chance. Have fun
Sorry you can't join us. We're down to 1 opening available.

Thanks - who is your oldest rider just for interest. I'm 76 and tapering down my distance riding but still riding smaller bikes happily in Australia. CB300F at Milla Milla falls.
1761bfd8f56248f571d2ba53e7a2603b7a0a1ae4.jpg
and an even smaller 155 CC bike this week in Sauga starting Friday

2018-Yamaha-SMAX1.jpg

Very similar to the ergos on my Burgman 650s which would easily do the Smokies - I put 100,000 trouble free km on the pair. Just two batteries needed.
2004_suzuki_an_650_burgman_abs__02_1024.jpg
but half the weight and far less power ...I do like the 81 mpg and it still will do the 400 highways with not much to spare.
Weighs the same as my ride in Australia the CB300F.
But no more touring :( Happy to be still riding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom