Selling bike - should I replace the tire? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling bike - should I replace the tire?

Every time they fail to provide the UVIP I add some variation of "Seller warranties against any liens placed on this vehicle" to the bill of sale. It probably doesn't actually accomplish much but it always makes them uncomfortable

That's fin e until you need to spend money and time to take them to court. Back in the day, people were actually pretty good about returning your money if there was a problem after the sale. These days, not so much.

I'm probably more sensitive to unknown liens because of an experience a friend had. He had just completed building an awesome GSX-R 711 when he was notified that the bike he built it around had a lien on it and the lender was sending someone to repossess it. So he stripped it down to the bare frame before they arrived to minimize his loss.

That's fin e until you need to spend money and time to take them to court. Back in the day, people were actually pretty good about returning your money if there was a problem after the sale. These days, not so much.

I'm probably more sensitive to unknown liens because of an experience a friend had. He had just completed building an awesome GSX-R 711 when he was notified that the bike he built it around had a lien on it and the lender was sending someone to repossess it. So he stripped it down to the bare frame before they arrived to minimize his loss.
Small claims covers up to $35,000 and I have oodles of time for someone that deals with me in bad faith. Hypothetically, anyway - I have only ever bought two vehicles where there was even a small chance they'd have a financing lien on them. Technically anything could have a mechanic's lien on it but I've never heard of it happening

Small claims covers up to $35,000 and I have oodles of time for someone that deals with me in bad faith. Hypothetically, anyway - I have only ever bought two vehicles where there was even a small chance they'd have a financing lien on them. Technically anything could have a mechanic's lien on it but I've never heard of it happening
Sadly, a small claims decision isn't worth much. You still can't compell them to pay. I think that is a ridiculous oversight. If you have a court judgement you should be able to file that and block license renewal or passport issuance until the court decision is satisfied.

Sadly, a small claims decision isn't worth much. You still can't compell them to pay. I think that is a ridiculous oversight. If you have a court judgement you should be able to file that and block license renewal or passport issuance until the court decision is satisfied.
Are you sure it looks like you can seize their property or have wages garnished Enforcing judgments in small claims court: How to collect outstanding payments for your services • Ontario Society of Professional Engineers

Sent from the future

Back
Top Bottom