RIDE campaign | GTAMotorcycle.com

RIDE campaign

justride

More than 1,000 impaired driving charges laid in Ontario since start of holiday RIDE campaign: OPP​

local cops probably have their own ride program as well

think the legal limit is .08? but...
Think cops can charge you with DIU if you also show signs of impairment
Anyways, take care of yourself and your guest!

Forgot to add weed and edible

Last edited:

More than 1,000 impaired driving charges laid in Ontario since start of holiday RIDE campaign: OPP​

you can expect RIDE checks in the usual spots, im working tomorrow night and i'm sure i'll get stopped before getting back on the DVP home.

Yes, add extra time to your commute for being stop at Ride check points!

They have drug recognition "experts" if they think it is drugs not alcohol. Much harder fight for the conviction as it is testimony not an objective numerical test.

I got stopped at a ride check on a barely traveled country road at two in the afternoon a few weeks ago. No idea why they chose that location.

As for drivers that drive impaired, screw those guys. I report cops fundraising on waze but don't report ride checks.

Last edited:
They have drug recognition "experts" if they think it is drugs not alcohol. Much harder fight for the conviction as it is testimony not an objective numerical test.

I got stopped at a ride check on a barely traveled country road at two in the afternoon a few weeks ago. No idea why they chose that location.

As for drivers that drive impaired, screw those guys. I report cops fundraising on waze but don't report ride checks.
Sometimes they work off tips. Half a lifetime ago I did co op with Police and joined a ride check at 427 near Dixon. CBSA alerted police that Americans crossed into Canada staying at those hotels for a conference, they had tried to bring their firearms across the border the year before. So they got flagged. We had ETF (SWAT) patrolling all night in unmarked SUVs.

2 for 1 pizza, catch some drunks, maybe find some firearms.

.08 is a criminal charge (impaired operation, operation over .08) - .05 is an "administrative" penalty, suspend your licence for 3 days. If you're on a graduated license (G1, G2, M1, M2) the limit is 0.00 - so any alcohol in your system is no bueno and will be an impaired charge...

Short answer - don't. It's not worth the risk; and uber or a taxi is WAY cheaper... An impaired conviction will cost you 20k plus - so that hundred bucks for a ride is a deal, trust me; I know...

.08 is a criminal charge (impaired operation, operation over .08) - .05 is an "administrative" penalty, suspend your licence for 3 days. If you're on a graduated license (G1, G2, M1, M2) the limit is 0.00 - so any alcohol in your system is no bueno and will be an impaired charge...

Short answer - don't. It's not worth the risk; and uber or a taxi is WAY cheaper... An impaired conviction will cost you 20k plus - so that hundred bucks for a ride is a deal, trust me; I know...
Commercial drivers are also supposed to be 0.00.

Very close family member summed up his costs for me:

Impound: $1500
Fine: $1500
Facility insurance upcharges for 3 years: $12000
Lawyer (optional): $10000
Back on track training and interlock: $2000
Reputational damage, criminal record, and commuting 4hrs a day on Viva: Priceless

Cost of an Uber: $25

Very close family member summed up his costs for me:

Impound: $1500
Fine: $1500
Facility insurance upcharges for 3 years: $12000
Lawyer (optional): $10000
Back on track training and interlock: $2000
Reputational damage, criminal record, and commuting 4hrs a day on Viva: Priceless

Cost of an Uber: $25
And yet so many people continue doing it. They must’ve changed the headline because I saw 10,000 caught.

Nowadays for me…Uber 100% if I have more than 1-2 beers.

Also keep in mind that if you have been out drinking pretty good on a night that if you get stopped in the morning at a check (and they can be out early morning) and tested likely you will blow over. It takes a while to get out of your system.

Yeah, DUI stats are up. Not surprising unfortunately, a larger and seemingly ever increasing percentage of society seem to think that the rules don't apply to them anymore, and given the insane lack of enforcement on our roads (blitzes and RIDE excluded), they know they can get away with it 99.5% of the time....and many are wiling to risk the .5% if it means they can do whatever the **** they please.

They don't think about the fact they may kill or destroy the lives of others, they only think about themselves. Me, me, me, and me.

Back
Top Bottom