PA 1000 lb motorcycle lift adjustments | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PA 1000 lb motorcycle lift adjustments

I think you have a chock problem, those are made for the ground, not for a bike lift. The front chock should be 12” forward, that lift is plenty for that bike.

If you have ADV or sport bikes, the 800lb lift is suitable. If you have a full size cruiser, I’d step up to the hydraulic (blue) 1000 lb lift.

Still unusable for my Ducati's and Hondas because the platform is too narrow for their rear stands.

I found the platform dimensions of the 800-lb lift: 20-3/4x74-3/4, so less than an inch difference.

Last edited:
Still unusable for my Ducati's and Hondas because the platform is too narrow for their rear stands.

I found the platform dimensions of the 800-lb lift: 20-3/4x74-3/4, so less than an inch difference.
You can’t expect those paddock lifts to be suitable for a platform lift.

Use the stock front chock that came with the lift or fit a proper upgrade made for a platform or trailer. Same goes fit the rear. Most techs would use a centre jack for the back, but if you prefer spool lifts, get one that fits or is designed for a lift, like the PA rear stand. $50 right now.

I think you have a chock problem, those are made for the ground, not for a bike lift. The front chock should be 12” forward, that lift is plenty for that bike.

If you have ADV or sport bikes, the 800lb lift is suitable. If you have a full size cruiser, I’d step up to the hydraulic (blue) 1000 lb lift.
The blue PA chocks are perfect for the platform lift.
I filled mine and attach it to the lift with nut/bolt.
I haven't had the VStrom on it yet but the FZ6 fit well on it.

You can’t expect those paddock lifts to be suitable for a platform lift.

Use the stock front chock that came with the lift or fit a proper upgrade made for a platform or trailer. Same goes fit the rear. Most techs would use a centre jack for the back, but if you prefer spool lifts, get one that fits or is designed for a lift, like the PA rear stand. $50 right now.

You're kidding right? Everyone I know uses a paddock stand on a lift. Takes a couple seconds to lift the wheel vs. cranking and cranking on a center jack, never mind the added stability of the swingarm being locked in and supported at two wide points on the platform instead of just balancing on the jack. I reserve my center jack to help with engine removal/reinstallation (especially to raise/lower the shock linkage to line up the swingarm pivot bolt). And that stand isn't going to help anyone with a single sided swingarm.

I never put a bike on my table without tie downs for extra security. With the tie downs the supplied cheap chock is fine.

If that's all I had, I'd do the same. But luckily I have a good chock that's stable enough to not need tie downs.

For anyone looking to buy a lift, wait until the 27th. The flyer preview shows the pneumatic/hydraulic version that most of us have on sale for almost as low as what I paid for mine before Covid $549.99.

IMG_5922.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom