MV Agusta now a KTM sibling | GTAMotorcycle.com

MV Agusta now a KTM sibling

For MV Augusta, I hope rhe relationaship is similar to Ducati and their parent co. VW -AUDI AG. This worked out well for them. It brought it some structure, quality control and financing from the Germans. While they left Ducati to continue to produce and create amazing looking bikes.
In other words I hope KTM doesnt start to dictate how MV Augusta creates their bikes.

There's a lot of platform sharing between KTM and most of their acquired brands, the 390, 690 and 890 engines are in Husqvarna and GasGas bikes, with only minor modifications to fairing, brakes and suspension.

My fear with KTM buying MV is seeing a re-badged 1390 SuperDuke with Brutale bodywork around it.

Hope they keep the two companies separate.

There's a lot of platform sharing between KTM and most of their acquired brands, the 390, 690 and 890 engines are in Husqvarna and GasGas bikes, with only minor modifications to fairing, brakes and suspension.

My fear with KTM buying MV is seeing a re-badged 1390 SuperDuke with Brutale bodywork around it.

Hope they keep the two companies separate.
To be fair, if this happened it would look a whole lot nicer than it does now though!

My SAR isn't pretty but I'm beginning to feel it looks better when it's dirty so that's helping me go offroad a lot more.

MV knows how to make good looking bikes. I hope any cross-over between MV and KTM's other brands is only in manufacturing techniques and technology, and that any shared components are parts that don't bother anybody. It doesn't bother me if they share common fuel pumps, relays, switches and sensors, but there had better not be a MV Agusta adventure bike.

there had better not be a MV Agusta adventure bike.

Too late.

2024-mv-agusta-adventure-motorcycle-1-768x485.jpg

MV knows how to make good looking bikes. I hope any cross-over between MV and KTM's other brands is only in manufacturing techniques and technology, and that any shared components are parts that don't bother anybody. It doesn't bother me if they share common fuel pumps, relays, switches and sensors, but there had better not be a MV Agusta adventure bike.
Agreed, lightcycle's example has the MV triple so it's not a KTM-MV mash up.

BUT...I can't help wonder what a 1390 street bike, styled by MV would look like. It would likely be terrifyingly expensive though.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand @Brian P called it.

paging @Lightcycle

Back
Top Bottom