Multistrada V4S and Street Triple R review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Multistrada V4S and Street Triple R review

bigpoppa

I got a chance to test ride these 2 recently, thought Id share my thoughts...

Street Triple R:

The Street triple surprised me, all the reviews and videos on the internet say its a bit lacking in low down torque, but I didnt find that at all. Plenty of grunt down low. It felt like a bike that had been polished and polished and polished over the years.
Often times, manufacturers refine bikes so much, that they end up being boring and have no character at all.
Triumph have somehow found a way to get that balance between refinement and character down perfectly.

Nice sound to the engine, great brakes, plenty of power everywhere in the revs, quickshifter is buttery smooth, fueling is perfect(at low speed and high), fit and finish is very high.

At high speed the bike feels perfectly planted. Didnt really get to push as much as I wanted to on the count of shite roads and cold weather in Toronto.

In comparison to the tuono, it has that same planted chassis feel, but it feels more fun than the aprilia because:
1) The wind effect created by the lack of fairings give you an exhilarating sense of speed.
2) Its MUCH easier to exploit 125hp on the road than 175.
3) Its much lighter and probably shorter as well.

In comparison the superduke is agricultural, and insane.
In terms of handling, It feels a bit "loose" at higher speeds, not as planted. When hard on the gas, the front end feels light, and you worry that the wind will end up looping you, I might have to have the suspension and geometry set up for me.

I got a chance to test ride these 2 recently, thought Id share my thoughts...

Street Triple R:

The Street triple surprised me, all the reviews and videos on the internet say its a bit lacking in low down torque, but I didnt find that at all. Plenty of grunt down low. It felt like a bike that had been polished and polished and polished over the years.
Often times, manufacturers refine bikes so much, that they end up being boring and have no character at all.
Triumph have somehow found a way to get that balance between refinement and character down perfectly.

Nice sound to the engine, great brakes, plenty of power everywhere in the revs, quickshifter is buttery smooth, fueling is perfect(at low speed and high), fit and finish is very high.

At high speed the bike feels perfectly planted. Didnt really get to push as much as I wanted to on the count of shite roads and cold weather in Toronto.

In comparison to the tuono, it has that same planted chassis feel, but it feels more fun than the aprilia because:
1) The wind effect created by the lack of fairings give you an exhilarating sense of speed.
2) Its MUCH easier to exploit 125hp on the road than 175.
3) Its much lighter and probably shorter as well.

In comparison the superduke is agricultural, and insane.
In terms of handling, It feels a bit "loose" at higher speeds, not as planted. When hard on the gas, the front end feels light, and you worry that the wind will end up looping you, I might have to have the suspension and geometry set up for me.
with a SDR in the stable why even ride another naked? unless you`re doing it for kicks.

and where's the MS44S review? sheesh.

The multistrada V4S
feels like a superbike with upright bars, it has that same sort of composed feeling I got when riding around on a tuono, where the bike feels way too comfortable and way too smooth for doing the kinds of speeds its doing. In terms of the sound its odd, because even though its a V4, it doesnt sound like a tuono(which is almost musical) the Ducati V4 sounds like a slightly clattery alien spaceship, a bit odd and different from every other engine.

It revs up super quick to redline, and goes very fast, but again, it does it in a calm, composed chill sort of way, where the riding sensation does not convey to you, the KM/H you are doing.
The Quickshifter had a bit of an 'electronic' feel to it, where you click it up and you can tell a computer somewhere is doing the upshifts, its not as precise, nor does it come with the mechanical feel like the street triple.

The dash is TFT, but it has an 'analog style' graphic to mimic older dashes.

Although there are lots of electronic options, electronic suspension, radar cruise control, I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of 50 billion buttons (like on the AT)

Brakes are very good.

I really wanted to test ride the 1200/1260 multi's but they didnt have any of them for demo:rolleyes:

with a SDR in the stable why even ride another naked? unless you`re doing it for kicks.

Your boy is not in the position to turn down free test rides on cool bikes, mmmk?

JKing, I walked in there to sit on some bikes, get a feel for the ergos of some bikes im looking at, and the guy just threw me the keys without even saying hello(not exaggerating), they must have heard of me by now.

Photos of the bikes:
IMG_2581-compressed.jpeg

IMG_2580-compressed.jpeg

The Street triple surprised me, all the reviews and videos on the internet say its a bit lacking in low down torque, but I didnt find that at all. Plenty of grunt down low.

I think you need to put that into perspective. Here I am complaining about the lack of torque on my 990, and you're coming from a 1290.

I think you need to put that into perspective. Here I am complaining about the lack of torque on my 990, and you're coming from a 1290.
I felt like it(triumph) had plenty of instant 'shove' when I wanted it, at pretty much all revs. Granted I rode the newest gen, and I've heard they changed the gearing on the newest models

When I complain about lack of torque, Im usually comparing back to my old Fz6 :sick:
which had NOTHING below like 8k

the superduke is insane though, its got monster torque, but with this viciousness thats hard to explain.

Last edited:
I felt like it(triumph) had plenty of instant 'shove' when I wanted it, at pretty much all revs. Granted I rode the newest gen, and I've heard they changed the gearing on the newest models

When I complain about lack of torque, Im usually comparing back to my old Fz6 :sick:
which had NOTHING below like 8k

the superduke is insane though, its got monster torque, but with this viciousness thats hard to explain.

I was wondering about the gearing. My 998's stock gearing was 15/36 gearing, but my 821 Hyper's was 15/45 to give the illusion of torque (at the expense of speed) as long as you were in the right gear. I have a new 1 tooth lower front sprocket for the 990 that I'm debating on installing, and recently discovered KTM has a power limiter in the first couple of gears (I guess their early version of traction/wheelie control?). I need to find an android device and load TuneECU to disable it.

What dealer is tossing keys to window shoppers?

What dealer is tossing keys to window shoppers?
This particular instance it was GP bikes, studio is also pretty good with test rides.

This particular instance it was GP bikes, studio is also pretty good with test rides.
second Studio Cycle, Adam was great.

Back
Top Bottom