Mardi gras | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mardi gras

gaihosa

Just wondering if anyone here has ever rode to Mardi gras? Of so looking for some details on accomodations and where you stored your bike.

When we rode to New Orleans, we ended up at a motel on the outskirts and didn't take our bikes downtown.

When we rode to New Orleans, we ended up at a motel on the outskirts and didn't take our bikes downtown.
That's what I was thinking. Leave the bikes outside. Probably easier to get a hotel also. How was the weather?

Just remember what happened to Wyatt and Billy.

That's what I was thinking. Leave the bikes outside. Probably easier to get a hotel also. How was the weather?
We went down in October to see the racing at the Barber museum, so the weather was good for the most part.
There was one day when it rained all day, and a couple of days of 30c+.

We did the same thing in Memphis.

One option is to trailer bike(s) down to where weather is better. There are motels in Maggie Valley, NC where you could stay a night, then park rig for a week and ride to NO and then stay a night on the way back. About 1,400 km to Maggie Valley.

Any of the big hotels downtown will have parking.Weather down there can be nice during Mardi Gras but on the way down at that time of year is a whole different story.To be quite honest with you, I would skip Mardi Gras, it’s actually a little bit too crazy and difficult to find accommodations.April would be a good time to ride down.I think that I stayed at the Crown Plaza which was within walking distance to everything.Definately take the time to go to the Barber Motorcycle Museum.It is friggin’ awesome.

Not for Mardi Gras but I know an acquaintance who goes each year to Daytona Beach for their bike week (10 days) each first week of March. One year he get snowed-in in NY state's Adirondack Park and needed to turn around and head back. That was the only year he missed it for the last 25 years. This year it's the 81 year with no breaks due to pandemic. Now that's a hardcore enthusiast!

Not for Mardi Gras but I know an acquaintance who goes each year to Daytona Beach for their bike week (10 days) each first week of March. One year he get snowed-in in NY state's Adirondack Park and needed to turn around and head back. That was the only year he missed it for the last 25 years. This year it's the 81 year with no breaks due to pandemic. Now that's a hardcore enthusiast!
Read up on the late Charlie Mahoney (aka Indian Charlie). His trips to Daytona are legend.

I rode to New Orleans the first week in April about ten years ago,froze my *** off the first day and stopped the first night in Louisville Kentucky. Woke up the next morning and had beautiful springlike weather the rest of the way.

Back
Top Bottom