Legal or not? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Legal or not?

UkrainianRider

I did some research and even found a discussion on is forum, but it left me scratching my head a bit still. It seems like strapping a GoPro to your helmet might not be above board legally, which feels a bit silly to me, but hey, rules are rules, right? (dumb rules)

What I'm really wondering is whether this applies to Bluetooth setups like Cardo and Sena as well. Anybody know the deal on that? Law technically says to have nothing on your helmet at all...

Thanks a ton in advance for any info you can share!

I did some research and even found a discussion on is forum, but it left me scratching my head a bit still. It seems like strapping a GoPro to your helmet might not be above board legally, which feels a bit silly to me, but hey, rules are rules, right? (dumb rules)

What I'm really wondering is whether this applies to Bluetooth setups like Cardo and Sena as well. Anybody know the deal on that? Law technically says to have nothing on your helmet at all...

Thanks a ton in advance for any info you can share!
Mounting a go pro is not legal. That being said, I did it for years, no issue. Even during a few chats with police with it sticking right in their face on my chin, they never even glanced at it.

I have heard that the bluetooth setups may not be in violation due to clamping to the helmet rather than attaching to the surface like an action cam mount.

Mounting a go pro is not legal. That being said, I did it for years, no issue. Even during a few chats with police with it sticking right in their face on my chin, they never even glanced at it.

I have heard that the bluetooth setups may not be in violation due to clamping to the helmet rather than attaching to the surface like an action cam mount.
Interesting. Now I'm wondering if I should attempt a helmet cam! Wonder if I would simply get a warning or a ticket right away :p lol

Interesting. Now I'm wondering if I should attempt a helmet cam! Wonder if I would simply get a warning or a ticket right away :p lol
If you didn't do anything to get their attention in the first place, I doubt they would bother

In Kawartha Lakes/Lindsay, there is one cop that will go out of his way to charge you for having a camera mounted to your helmet, and one JP that will convict you for it. No one else in the province seems to care: Helmet laws in Ontaro

Back
Top Bottom