Kymco builds Livewire ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kymco builds Livewire ?

TK4

Oh, how must the Faithful feel about this ?

KYMCO Taiwan continues to innovate and create strategic partnerships to always offer higher quality products in more than 125 countries around the world. KYMCO Taiwan has also been producing vehicles for the world's largest manufacturer for more than 60 years. KYMCO designs and builds vehicles for: Arctic Cat, Argo, Kawasaki, BMW and now Harley-Davidson!!!
KYMCO Taiwan continues to innovate and create strategic partnerships to always offer superior quality products in more than 125 countries around the world. KYMCO Taiwan has also been producing vehicles for major manufacturers in the world for over 60 years. KYMCO designs and manufactures vehicles for: Arctic Cat, Argo, Kawasaki, BMW and now Harley-Davidson!!! We are proud to create such a strong alliance with the largest manufacturer in the world.

1709240037110.png

I am sure they feel nothing, Livewire was very innovative when released but the cost and support required made it quickly lose it's luster.

Harley re-badged the Aermacchi in the 60s and 70s so is anybody surprised.

Harley spun off Livewire a bit over two years ago. Kymco invested $100M USD at the time for a 4% stake. They are still built in the US in York PA.

Also I don't think Livewire was targeting the HD "faithful" at any time

Harley spun off Livewire a bit over two years ago. Kymco invested $100M USD at the time for a 4% stake. They are still built in the US in York PA.

And now Livewire is stand alone. In the last quarter of 2023, they moved 515 units out to dealers and sold 50 worldwide.

It's good they are trying, but for the current userbase they want nothing to do with it. Hopefully they continue with the product.

Someone mentioned HD and the 70s?
iu

Yes, that's the Brunswick logo ----^

If the manufacturer add these as stock they would sell a ton of bikes!
exhaust

Livewire was HD's usual "throw mud at the wall and see what sticks" attempt to increase sales by leveraging the brand. Not surprisingly, it failed.

"Since its launch in 2019, LiveWire has sold fewer than 3,000 bikes in total worldwide. To put that in perspective, Harley-Davidson sold 49,600 motorcycles in the third quarter, or over 3,800 a week."

I predict Livewire will last another couple of years and will then be gone.

I made a 20% return on that trade! Even got the missus in on the SPAC and she made 12%.
Only good trade I've made in the past two years lol

I made a 20% return on that trade! Even got the missus in on the SPAC and she made 12%.
Only good trade I've made in the past two years lol
Motorcycle sales are going down and there is an over production of new bikes.
There are still NEW 2022s on the market.
They are overpriced but if the trend follows what happened last time, new non current modes will plummet in price.
With the floor plan incentives disappearing dealers will have to dump inventory.
This will put pressure on current model prices as well.
Increased pressure from Chinese and Indian manufacturers will also hurt existing sales prices.
I see this as a golden opportunity to make money by shorting LiveWire (trading symbol LVRW)

They are overpriced but if the trend follows what happened last time, new non current modes will plummet in price.
A friend worked at the Toronto landfill way back in the 80's. In front of the watchful eyes of Honda bigwigs they managed to bulldoze under about 10 or 11 semi trailers full of new bikes. I would not have believed it unless I had seen the snap shots he took.

A friend worked at the Toronto landfill way back in the 80's. In front of the watchful eyes of Honda bigwigs they managed to bulldoze under about 10 or 11 semi trailers full of new bikes. I would not have believed it unless I had seen the snap shots he took.
Write 'em off, take the tax credit, move along.

Remember CASCAR?
They had a "legend" series, where they had celebrities drive "spec" race cars. GM Canada put up a fleet of IROC Camaros.
When the cars got replaced, they were scrapped at a local wrecker. We went and stripped the cars. I got three LS motors, a transmission, and a trailer load of suspension and brake parts. All low mileage "race" parts.
A couple of years later, I got a call there was a new load of CASCAR cars at the wrecker. I raced up there to find EVERY part that had any value had been cut/hacked with a cut off saw, and the cars came off the truck and straight into the shredder.

Back
Top Bottom