How not to do it... | GTAMotorcycle.com

How not to do it...

The speed, it could be argued, was an unintentional oversight. The wheelie wasn't. Tow, storage, fine, insurance and grounded. No G driving either IIRC. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

The speed, it could be argued, was an unintentional oversight. The wheelie wasn't. Tow, storage, fine, insurance and grounded. No G driving either IIRC. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Why you are speeding doesn't matter. If you are speeding, that is sufficient for conviction. At 92 in a 50, I doubt the cop was letting them walk away without a 172 ticket. Maybe if you were going 82, you could beg for mercy and try to catch a break.

Why you are speeding doesn't matter. If you are speeding, that is sufficient for conviction. At 92 in a 50, I doubt the cop was letting them walk away without a 172 ticket. Maybe if you were going 82, you could beg for mercy and try to catch a break.
An extra nail in the coffin never hurts. If you flip a free one to the cop, he's going to use it.

This case seems to justify HTA 172 but I'm still against it. There are ways to make it work without going Putin.

I wondered about the US system that favours consecutive sentences. Murder three people and get three life sentences. My logic is that if the perp got a retrial and off on one of the charges he's still in jail for two more life sentences.

172 is 50+, he would have only been cited for speeding. Unless you're saying he didn't waive the wheelie because of the gross speed.

Well he probably has him on dash cam and i don't think anyone wants to explain letting wheelies go in urban areas.

172 is 50+, he would have only been cited for speeding. Unless you're saying he didn't waive the wheelie because of the gross speed.

Well he probably has him on dash cam and i don't think anyone wants to explain letting wheelies go in urban areas.

40 is the new 50. The threshold is now 40 over the speed limit if the posted speed limit is 70 or below, which it was. (It's also 40 over if the posted speed limit is 110, but that's another matter.) This changed a year or so back.

40 is the new 50. The threshold is now 40 over the speed limit if the posted speed limit is 70 or below, which it was. (It's also 40 over if the posted speed limit is 110, but that's another matter.) This changed a year or so back.
ah yes, i forgot that caveat to lower speeds.

172 is 40 over where posted limit is less than 80 km/h.

Edit:
Brian beat me to it. Was replying as I read.

Back
Top Bottom