Hello, Anyone moved from M1 to M directly? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello, Anyone moved from M1 to M directly?

rhn

Hi,

Recently got my M1+G1. When I schedule my road test, it shows me option to schedule both- M2 or M since I used my DL Abstract from home country. Wanted your opinions if I should opt for M2 test first and go for M if I pass M2. I have been riding regularly for past 18 years; hope I can clear M :) Also, does anyone know what happens if I fail the M test? Will I have to appear for M2 or M1 knowledge test, since i skipped the M2 road test?

Thanks!

As i recall you still have to to perform both tests, they are just waiving the waiting period. If you fail either you go back to M1 and have to wait. There is no M2 knowledge test.

Reactions: rhn
You can try to book the M but I suspect the glitch will be caught and it won't let you book it when the system recognizes you don't currently hold an M2. A LONG time ago I was suspended for medical reasons. I reinstated my G immediately but let my M lapse. I had to do the M1 road test, then 2 weeks later my M2, Only because they had no openings, I then did my full M the next day, as I had no time limitations. But I did have to do all three road tests.

You can try to book the M but I suspect the glitch will be caught and it won't let you book it when the system recognizes you don't currently hold an M2. A LONG time ago I was suspended for medical reasons. I reinstated my G immediately but let my M lapse. I had to do the M1 road test, then 2 weeks later my M2, Only because they had no openings, I then did my full M the next day, as I had no time limitations. But I did have to do all three road tests.
Hi, the Drivetest people said that since I gave them the DL abstract, I would be eligible to appear for G/M without giving the G2 and M2. Also, while booking my test, it shows me an option to book the test for all classes-G2,G,M2,M. Have booked my test for early next month, lets see what happens!
Also, if anyone knows any VFM motorcycle place or anyone who recently rented a bike for their road test, please DM or reply here. It feels damn stupid to book a 250/300 for close to 150-200$/day :(

Last edited:
That is good news indeed, will save you on insurance all the way around.

As for the cost to rent the bike. That actually sounds fairly reasonable. Given they are limited by the riding season, so no income during winter. I also can imagine the insurance rates they pay to rent out a bike.

I liked it better back in the day. Circa 1980, if you made it around the block you were handed a "M".
Good thing a serious bike was only 85hp then.

Reactions: rhn

Back
Top Bottom