Fingertips Numb from Riding? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fingertips Numb from Riding?

Ive been observing how i have been riding these past 2 days and i think it may be a combination of restricted blood flowandvibration. I donthave much space on my seatbe ause my luggage is taking up half. So im leaned forwArd most ofthe time and sometimes i have a lot of pressure between my thumb and index finger. This especially happens when im cold and tuckingbehind the windscreen. Ill see if i can change myriding posture for the last leg of my trip and see how that goes

I think it is circulation and prob vibration too. Have you tried one of those throttle thingys that you attach so you use more of your writs and you can keep your hand open so there is less pressure. I dont know what it is called... I'll try to find a pic for you to see what I am talking about.

That same numbness happened to me from wearing a new pair of heals for too long and it went away after a few days. So that may happen for you too after your riding is done it may take a few days for that feeling to go away.

Edit: Found it... called a throttle rocker.

THROTTLE1.jpg

Last edited:
I think it is circulation and prob vibration too. Have you tried one of those throttle thingys that you attach so you use more of your writs and you can keep your hand open so there is less pressure. I dont know what it is called... I'll try to find a pic for you to see what I am talking about.

That same numbness happened to me from wearing a new pair of heals for too long and it went away after a few days. So that may happen for you too after your riding is done it may take a few days for that feeling to go away.

Edit: Found it... called a throttle rocker.

THROTTLE1.jpg

Getting one right now. I have that numbing issue from a combo of gripping and pressure from my gloves.

Getting one right now. I have that numbing issue from a combo of gripping and pressure from my gloves.

This little baby has completely transformed my riding regimen. I used to get numb hands after 30 minutes, by the time I got to Hamilton....... Now, with a Throttle Rocker, I can ride 800+kms a day for a week.

This little baby has completely transformed my riding regimen. I used to get numb hands after 30 minutes, by the time I got to Hamilton....... Now, with a Throttle Rocker, I can ride 800+kms a day for a week.

Awesome, just ordered on off ebay:)

Franky I hope you can get to a bike shop and pick one up for the rest of your trip.

Personally, I also make sure I'm taking Anti-inflamatories if I'm riding lots. When I'm riding a lot, I find after awhile I'll have issues with numbness in my hands when I don't normally. I'll usually double up on them before I head out and they help take down the internal swelling in my wrists that's causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom