Could this be put on the road? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Could this be put on the road?

Baggsy

Site Supporter

Probably but why? License as a motorhome good to go.

Sent from the future
I thought you needed a bed and head to licence as a motorhome? You could probably get enough in the back seat to get past that hurdle. You could also just license as a heavy duty truck. I doubt the fire truck aspect matters much. I'm no sure if they require decommissioning of lights/siren or if they are allowed to stay but you get in crap for using them. Similarly, I think you have to paint school busses a different colour than chrome yellow. Not sure if they would want you to make this truck not red or yellow to minimize confusion.

Yes sckoolies MUST be painted ANY color, other than school bus yellow...lol You also have to have the MTO remove it's classification as a bus to avoid having to have it inspected every 6 months..lol

As a former hose dragger here... It would be plated as a heavy-duty truck (need a DZ to drive it in Ontario)

The sirens are typically removed; and the lights are either disabled, or the red lens swapped for amber.

Fire trucks, esp. pumpers, are run hard - and have lots of idle hours.... The drivelines also tend to be more complicated than 'regular' trucks, there's typically a transfer case added to the driveline, to run the pump and/or hydraulics.

Back
Top Bottom