Clearing Code? Yamaha 6 Pin ODB2 Adapter | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clearing Code? Yamaha 6 Pin ODB2 Adapter

jay-d

Site Supporter
I got rear-ended, and finally got the bike fixed. However, when the rear tire was put on we started it up and accelerated to see if everything was spinning correctly. The bike through a CEL due to the front tire not spinning and I cannot clear this code without a scan tool.

The bike is 2022, so it has the updated 6 pin connector and the mechanic did not have this new adapter. He can get one but it might take a few days so I'm wondering if anyone has this adapter/scan tool that can clear the code for me? I've ordered one myself but won't be here until later this week.

Bike is stuck in limp mode so I can ride it to where ever (hopefully local to Mississauga).

I don't want to wait as I have few trips that I was planning on this week with the great weather :(

Just try riding it for a few minutes.

A lot of times OBD warning lights will clear if the problem is resolved. If your front tire starts behaving the way it's supposed to, the light might clear itself.
After all the reading I did, I was convinced I had to use a code reader to clear it! Turned it on this morning, and code disappeared!

Back
Top Bottom