Cager appreciation thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cager appreciation thread

hymnz

I know we all dislike cagers in general, but now and then you'll find a nice person on the roads who makes your ride pleasant (not sarcastic). I just thought of starting a thread to share such experiences.

I have had two experiences-

The first was during a downpour last fall when I was on the 401. 3 cars formed a shield around me flashing their hazards from Eglington to Mississauga Rd. The ride would have been difficult otherwise.

Second was today. There was a Jeep that blocked an aggressive SUV that was dangerously tailing me on the way to work in the morning... and a white sedan who had decently empty road, but waited for me to pass before exiting the gas station.

The best is when you're in the states, and cars pull over in the mountains and let you pass

I know we all dislike cagers in general, but now and then you'll find a nice person on the roads who makes your ride pleasant (not sarcastic). I just thought of starting a thread to share such experiences.

I have had two experiences-

The first was during a downpour last fall when I was on the 401. 3 cars formed a shield around me flashing their hazards from Eglington to Mississauga Rd. The ride would have been difficult otherwise.

Second was today. There was a Jeep that blocked an aggressive SUV that was dangerously tailing me on the way to work in the morning... and a white sedan who had decently empty road, but waited for me to pass before exiting the gas station.
If I see a MC being followed too closely when I'm in my car, I'll always try to get in there to separate the tailgater. Not always easy, I try spooking them first by nudging into their lane with my blinker on making them think I don't see them. Most times they back off and jam the horn which gives me my opening.

The one great thing about being retired is you are never in a hurry to get somewhere
so it is great fun to annoy those who are.
I never worry about tailgaters because I always leave plenty of room in front of me.
Back in the 70s while running the coast hi way north of San Fransico you could tell a local
by the fact they would pull over for motorcycle.

First year R4S was in Trenton (05?) while crossing Toronto, in stop and go 401 traffic, a towel in a buddies saddlebag next to the pipe started smouldering. With us all on the shoulder and smoke coming out of the saddlebag cagers handed us bottled water to put it out. That was nice of them (even though we did have some water).

That is just awesome! 🤘

On a few occasions when I've had to slab it for a long distance on 401E towards Kingston, I've been lucky enough to draft behind some semis. I'll do a SMIDSY move behind them first to get their attention, and then hang out without having to fight the wind (my bike lacks wind protection and upright seating position)

Every now and then I will pull out of the slipstream because the bike temps will climb due to the lack of airflow entering the rad

I think most people are decent and conscientious. Relatively few are intentionally malicious or downright stupid. Many can be oblivious.

Being retired means I'm older. Being older means lower testosterone levels. On the highway in my SUV if I can't see your headlights in my rearview mirror then you're about 10' or less off my bumper, you're an idiot, I'll just move over and let you go by when I can.

Same solution on the bike, move over and let them go hassle someone else.

If I see a MC being followed too closely when I'm in my car, I'll always try to get in there to separate the tailgater.

If I'm on the bike and I'm being followed too close, I twist the throttle and promptly remove myself from the situation.

Many can be oblivious

This is the biggest problem on our roads today, most drivers are only focused 12" off the end of their hood and have no idea how to use their mirrors and just have zero idea what's going on around them.

If I'm on the bike and I'm being followed too close, I twist the throttle and promptly remove myself from the situation.

Keep a handful of ball bearings in your pocket. Dropping a dozen of them over your shoulder will back off a tailgater.

The best is when you're in the states, and cars pull over in the mountains and let you pass
Unless it’s the Tail of the Dragon… most people have no idea what the pull overs are for… especially if they’re on a Harley.

Unless it’s the Tail of the Dragon… most people have no idea what the pull overs are for… especially if they’re on a Harley.
probably out of towners

Keep a handful of ball bearings in your pocket. Dropping a dozen of them over your shoulder will back off a tailgater.

Until they road rage when they figure it out and then decide to run you off the road. A bike always loses.

I just remove myself from the situation. Less drama. I'm not into drama.

Back
Top Bottom