Best GTA shop to buy all the gear? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best GTA shop to buy all the gear?

buffone

Hi everyone. I'm a new rider and need all the stuff: Helmet, Jacket, gloves, boots, and probably riding pants/jeans too. I'm wondering if you can recommend a one stop shop where I can get all this stuff in the GTA. I'm in the west end. I know about Studio Cycle so I assume they'll have everything, but choices may be limited. GP Bikes will have more stuff, but it's a bit of a trek and sometimes too much stuff can get overwhelming. Any other places I should check out?

Before you say it - I know I can shop online, but I'd like to try stuff on since most of these brands are new to me and I could use a salesperson's help on sizing and other considerations. Plus, I like supporting local businesses.

GP Bikes is really the 1 stop shop, they just have so much floor space dedicated to gear options. It's worth the trek.

Figure out your style then go for sizing.

No such thing as too much stuff. You want as much selection as possible to ensure a proper, or at least comfortable, fit. I'm in the west end too, but I always do the "Royal Princess GP" - Royal Distributing and GP Bikes are on the same road, and Princess Auto is around the corner.

Rider's Choice is at Dixie and Queensway, but they focus more on the higher end like Daytona, Arai, Dainese, Alpinestars, Rev'It. Still worth checking if you've never been there. Store is small but jam packed with stuff.

There's a Royal Distributing in Guelph. Their selection seems to get thinner and thinner every time I go there, but for a beginner it might suit your needs. Don't expect the same level of sales help on sizing and selection you would get at GP however.

Rider's Choice is at Dixie and Queensway, but they focus more on the higher end like Daytona, Arai, Dainese, Alpinestars, Rev'It. Still worth checking if you've never been there. Store is small but jam packed with stuff.
I believe they still do cash discounts as well (y)

No such thing as too much stuff. You want as much selection as possible to ensure a proper, or at least comfortable, fit. I'm in the west end too, but I always do the "Royal Princess GP" - Royal Distributing and GP Bikes are on the same road, and Princess Auto is around the corner.
I didn't realize Royal Distributing was right there. I guess I'm making the trek. I'm just curious - is Royal distributing one of those overstock type retailers that sells last year's models or "seconds"? That is, stuff with small (mostly insignificant) manufacturer defects like a slightly crooked logo patch or crooked seam? It's fine, but it gets rejected for sale by their main retailers so it ends up in outlet stores?

No, but Royal isn't top shelf designer either. They are very middle of the road. They generally cater more towards offroad, but they have a decent street bike selection. If anything, their target market is middle class cottager. A lot of Joe Rocket, Olympia, Icon, Speed & Strength. American brands with American fit.

For someone starting out, its worth looking at. They are much more of a retail department store experience with lots of stock and variety. Great for a beginner to do some window shopping. I personally buy all my stuff from GP, but I spend a significant amount of time researching it online first cause generally, they won't have what you want on the show floor but will order it in for you.\

Buy something you'll wear that's affordable. Expect to replace it. There's too much you don't know as a new rider to even know that you don't know. All sorts of little stuff like, sleeve over glove or glove over sleeve, how baggy is just right, why helmet shell size matters, etcetc

Last edited:
I'd call them more value oriented rather than middle of the road, because they do have really cheap no-name/house brands right next to Alpinestars and Klim. I consider Olympia to be the champion of value gear, unfortunately their sizing doesn't fit me (American sizing).

What size are you? If you're riding around town or low speeds in the peak of summer temps, you'll want a mesh jacket. @Sochi just posted this free to a good home, and what better home than a new rider with no gear? Assuming it fits you.

I just posted in another thread that Royal is having a sale April 19-23...up to 50% off online, in store and on the phone with free shipping over $45...good luck and happy shopping!

I didn't realize Royal Distributing was right there. I guess I'm making the trek. I'm just curious - is Royal distributing one of those overstock type retailers that sells last year's models or "seconds"? That is, stuff with small (mostly insignificant) manufacturer defects like a slightly crooked logo patch or crooked seam? It's fine, but it gets rejected for sale by their main retailers so it ends up in outlet stores?

They also carry a lot of Gryphon Moto gear, a newish Canadian company (designed here, made in Pakistan) that is excellent value for money, especially for beginners. Jackets, pants and gloves available.

They also carry a lot of Gryphon Moto gear, a newish Canadian company (designed here, made in Pakistan) that is excellent value for money, especially for beginners. Jackets, pants and gloves available.
ReGear Oshawa also carries Gryphon Moto gear. Mid price range helmets , no Arai or Shoei there. But they are only open Thurs, Fri and Sat.

There's a Royal Distributing in Guelph. Their selection seems to get thinner and thinner every time I go there, but for a beginner it might suit your needs. Don't expect the same level of sales help on sizing and selection you would get at GP however.
I actually went to the Royal Distributing in Guelph today, let the person working at the cash register know that I was a beginner looking for help with sizing, and someone (presumably a senior employee/supervisor of some sort) called over a lady that explained basic helmet sizing to me (like how it should fit, how much break-in affects the fit, some differences of fit between brands) who then directed me to another lady that helped me with sizing for gloves and boots. Maybe I got lucky by going earlier in the day rather than later?

The selection did seem a bit small for street motorcycle gear, but I looked at their website ahead to time to make sure that the stuff I wanted to check out was in stock. I'll be ordering my helmet online since there's more options for colours than there were in-person and one of the employees that helped me said shipping should be about 3 days, but at a quick glance there were at least 3-4 beginner-oriented helmets in the style I was interested in there to check out in-person. Can't comment about jackets or pants because I didn't check any out.

Last edited:
be sure to check YouTube on "best beginner gears 2023" before heading out. The amount gear GPbikes has instore can be overwhelming "don't forget the second floor". Don't forget comfort/practical is a very important consideration to keep in mind. I am not going wear a leather jacket in middle of summer, gauntlet gloves or race boots . If it's not comfortable gear most likely it you won't wear them as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom