Adjustable handlebar riser | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adjustable handlebar riser

Yes, it's shown on a snowmobile but should fit anything with 7/8" tubular handlebars.

Interesting. Seems reasonably priced for what it is. I'm not sure I'd be happy with the stiffness of it (and potential to shift unintentionally under high forces).

Interesting. Seems reasonably priced for what it is. I'm not sure I'd be happy with the stiffness of it (and potential to shift unintentionally under high forces).
If it works on a slush creeper I'm betting it's well engineered and doesn't hit anything at full handlebar lock ? Hmmm.....

If it works on a slush creeper I'm betting it's well engineered and doesn't hit anything at full handlebar lock ? Hmmm.....
Ime, a sled has a much looser connection to the ground. Not a ton of feeling required. A bike is an entirely different animal and I want to know what that tire is doing.

Rox Risers.

Or buy some China amazon cheap-o riser for $30.

Rox risers were too extreme for me. Settled for 1" forward, 1/2" up, or something similar.

Can be installed backwards, if you want it up and closer to you.
bf394d4d1221947f36e0e9c2b0a8dd7f.jpg
21191770e73570274b2822b4c3de5afc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Personally, I can't think of a reason why I'd need adjustable risers over fixed.

I guess it's nice to move the bar around initially to find the most comfortable position, but once it's set I don't see myself ever needing to change it.

IMO it's better to get a fixed riser which is more stable, rather than an adjustable one... that never gets adjusted...

My wife put Touratech bar risers on her GS. They come in three different sizes:

01-045-525X-0_2.jpg

Rox Risers.

Or buy some China amazon cheap-o riser for $30.

Rox risers were too extreme for me. Settled for 1" forward, 1/2" up, or something similar.

Can be installed backwards, if you want it up and closer to you.
bf394d4d1221947f36e0e9c2b0a8dd7f.jpg
21191770e73570274b2822b4c3de5afc.jpg

The big difference is that the Ski-Doo riser is instantly adjustable with no tools. Gonna have to find a dealer and check it out more thoroughly.

Personally, I can't think of a reason why I'd need adjustable risers over fixed.

I guess it's nice to move the bar around initially to find the most comfortable position, but once it's set I don't see myself ever needing to change it.

IMO it's better to get a fixed riser which is more stable, rather than an adjustable one... that never gets adjusted...

My wife put Touratech bar risers on her GS. They come in three different sizes:

01-045-525X-0_2.jpg
It may be useful when taking your big bike off road. Move the bars from a happy seated position to one that is happy standing.

Reactions: TK4
It may be useful when taking your big bike off road. Move the bars from a happy seated position to one that is happy standing.

Perhaps. However, I'm of the school of no bar risers when standing.

A lot of novices want to be bolt upright when standing. That's not the point of getting on the pegs on the gnarly stuff. It's to decouple your weight and attachment point to the motorcycle so you can be more responsive. Having a lower bar actually puts you closer to the dirt bike "attack" position and is better for off road in terms of stability and mobility.

Risers are good for getting comfortable when seated. When you're standing, it's better to get your upper body down towards the bars and your butt out to the rear. Too many people buy risers to achieve the opposite effect.

Yeah yeah adjust them up when seated, down when standing....

The reality is that's not what most riders do with risers.

My experience is that you fix them for when seated most of the time and when you fit them for your arm length when seated it's already in a good position when standing.

Perhaps. However, I'm of the school of no bar risers when standing.

A lot of novices want to be bolt upright when standing. That's not the point of getting on the pegs on the gnarly stuff... Having a lower bar actually puts you closer to the dirt bike "attack" position and is better for off road in terms of stability...
My experience is that you fix them for when seated most of the time and when you fit them for your arm length when seated it's already in a good position when standing.

Yeah,
Prairie dogging isn't good.

I'm 6'2"
My wr: I had a 1" riser on it. Problem is, it pulls the bars back towards me. Not good for the attack position. Now I'm 1" up, and 3/4" forward. Its closer to the stock forward position, but better for my height.

My dr200. Its not good for standing... its a farm bike. Moving the bars up and forward helped, even for vertically challenged riders.

The rox risers were far too extreme. Also, they move when you drop the bike...
And they block the ignition key.

My te300- bars are moved to the most forward holes on the triple. No riser. I want control, not comfort.

Rox Risers are so far apart that I couldn't run a bar pad. Smashing handlebars with my face doesn't sound like a good time.

Back
Top Bottom