28 year old looking for insurance advise regarding a 1984 Honda Magna VF750 | GTAMotorcycle.com

28 year old looking for insurance advise regarding a 1984 Honda Magna VF750

Victor

Hello guys and gals,
I was planning on buying a 1984 Honda Magna VF750, i was wondering if you could give me some pointers as to the cheapest insurance, actually any affordable insurance for the bike.A little background on me i am 28 and have a clean license. I have 4 years of full M experience riding, and i completed 2 MSF courses,
My biggest question which dawned on me this morning was insurance for the bike.
I tried TD and RBC but their online quote tool doesnt go past 1990. My next option is Dalton and Timis, as i read they pottentially offer insurance for the honda. It is the weekend and i cannot call but i will during the week.
I used to ride a gorgeous Pearl White Special Edition Suzuki Marauder 250 up until several months ago and I had insurance for it with Desjardins.
I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.
Before I started looking at the bike I was under the impression that the older the bike is the cheaper it would be, but according to my experience so far, that is not the case.
I am as open as I can be to any advise/reccomendation/connection to any reasonable insurance. I was going to pick up the bike for 2800, and i dont want it to sit on my driveway forever nor do I want to fork out more than half the price of the bike for a year for insurance.
It is a one of a kind bike since its low kilometers, it comes with dual front disk brakes, it sounds phenomenal, it is shaft driven, and it was considered very advanced for the year it was made. Attached are pictures of my old beauty(white) and the potential new (old) beauty (red).
Thanks for reading.
Any and all advise would be appreciated .
cbbfd0409a00c8766f76fb7275217be9.jpg
dbc1095b499b53b05d3b02ce413447b1.jpg

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

just call TD insurance. Had bad experience with RBC insurance. I am with TD insurance for the bike

Good experience with Desjardins so far, hope they come through for you. Same issue with Allstate and TD where the bike was too old for them to insure.

M2, 35yo with clean (ish) record. Bike is a '02 Suzuki Marauder 800. Yearly is just under $900 which I find to be not terrible all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom