2023 Annual Honda Hawk GT Rally in Elmira, NY - August 5-6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 Annual Honda Hawk GT Rally in Elmira, NY - August 5-6

Relax

Calling all Honda Hawk GT owners (past , present, and future)! The August long weekend is approaching, which means it's time for the annual Honda Hawk GT Rally again, only 4 hours from Toronto in Elmira, NY.

From the host: "You know the drill by now; plenty of wrenching, bbq, and good times. Plenty of space in my yard for camping, or pile into the bunk room. There’s 6 beds and a few air mattresses, first come first served."

The rally is officially Saturday and Sunday, but people are welcome to show up on Friday. My current plan is to leave Mississauga in time to get to the original Anchor Bar (home of the original Buffalo wing) in downtown Buffalo for lunch. One of the other attendees is planning a lunch at Bully Hill Vineyards about an hour northwest of Elmira.

This year I'll be towing my Hawk on my single bike trailer to bring a car door with me (long story). One of my friends with an MT-09 SP will be joining me. If anyone else wants to follow, I'm happy to carry your luggage if I have the room.

More details here: 2023 CTHR - Aug. 5-6 - Honda Hawk GT Forum

PS: Fun fact for any fans of South Main Auto - the shop is along the way, right off the 390 about 45 minutes from Elmira. I've always wanted to drop by, but never had the chance. Might try this time.

How was the HAWK Rally? We were South of Elmira on Saturday. Would had stop by if we have more time on Sunday on the way back up.

Oh, man, it was awesome as usual. This year was more of an intimate gathering with only about 20 people in attendance. You would have fit right in if you still had your VFR, as one of the regulars (also a Canadian) has at least 3 of them along with his and his son's Hawks. You can get an idea of the vibe by checking the link I posted above, although some things that happen at the rally stay at the rally.

The Saturday morning ride started at 6am and returned sometime around noonish, but there were only 3 bikes as most people were up late Friday night (myself included). One of the attendees from Boston had some car trouble en-route Friday night, luckily only 20 minutes away. So around 1am, the host and I went to see if we could get him up and running and ended up calling AAA to tow it back to the host's house where we fixed him up the next day. Then we ended up doing 2 car brake jobs on Sunday. I'm pretty sure this was the first rally where we worked on some cars as well as the bikes. And of course throughout the weekend we were tinkering with and gawking at a bunch of Hawks for various reasons.

I saw the post for your ride, but didn't think you'd be heading out that far east. Go figure. For future reference, the rally was originally held in New Hampshire on the August long weekend specifically to give the Canadians an extra day for travel. Now that it's in Elmira, we no longer need it, but they've kept the tradition going. I ended up staying until Monday morning along with another group from the Kingston area.

Sounds like a lot of excitement at the rally.

We stayed at Williamsport for the night and if we rode hwy 15 straight up, then we would be at the Rally. This quite normal for the last many years and we usually rode down to Maryland or Virginia area within the the first day, rode around for another day and return home on the 3rd day. We also done a couple of rides out to Bear mountain by Woodbury outlet mall area on a few thanksgiving long weekends.

Also been out to Vermont and New Hampshire on an August long weekend before as well.

Back
Top Bottom